19 custom IEM/TF10/Shure/IE8 cables reviewed (Effect Pearl, Apollo, & Odin added 3/20/13)
Apr 15, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #286 of 687

Quote:

That sure seems like a long time...care to share the story?

Sure thing.  I would have to say the first thing that struck me as odd was when I was told that the sleeving could only be done on the black and white cable as opposed to the black cable.  I all ready had noted on the site that they were sold out of the black cable.  But I was told due to dimensions it would have to be the black white cable.  I posted that earlier in this thread and another member stated they had gotten the black cable with sleeve previously.  That was not a big deal though just slightly suspect.  Placed my order on February 28th.  Was told to allow three to five days for custom build.  On March 28th I sent out an email to inquire about the one month delay.  I was told there was a delay on them receiving there viablu connectors and that was the hold up.  So now I'm waiting.

Apr 16, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #289 of 687

Quote:
+1.  Just got my Chris_himself cable for my JH-16pro and really exceeded my expectation.    Half the costs of my previous cable but sounded like a match make in heaven.    Thanks to this thread and the reviews.    

I'll be receiving both my JH-16 and Chris_Himself cable by the end of the month.  How much difference did you find between the CH cable and the stock ones?

Apr 17, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #290 of 687

Quote:
Ah, the mailman brought the Hybrid cable from Whiplash today. Very excited to get to spend some time with it. It looks beautiful. 

Very nice, looking forward to your impressions of the cable.

Quote:
I'll be receiving both my JH-16 and Chris_Himself cable by the end of the month.  How much difference did you find between the CH cable and the stock ones?

popcorn.gif

Apr 17, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #291 of 687
average_joe,

The question I asked evolutionx is by no means meant to diminish the value of your excellent review of IEM cables.  By the way, my decision to go ahead with Chris_Himself cables for my JH16 is totally based on the recommendation you make in that review.  Thanks man.

Apr 17, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #292 of 687

Quote:
average_joe,

The question I asked evolutionx is by no means meant to diminish the value of your excellent review of IEM cables.  By the way, my decision to go ahead with Chris_Himself cables for my JH16 is totally based on the recommendation you make in that review.  Thanks man.

No problem, I too am interested in what evolutionx has to say about the pairing.  The more reviews/evaluations of gear we have, the more informed decisions others can make!  The popcorn was just a nice snack until evolutionx posts his thoughts 
wink_face.gif
.  And thank you for the compliment, please don't hesitate to ask me questions.

Apr 17, 2012 at 6:43 AM Post #293 of 687

Quote:
average_joe,

I see the thousands of dollars I wired into Joe's offshore bank account to write reviews for me is paying off MUAHAHAHA *twiddles fingers*

Seriously though, thank you for the support guys. You guys are seriously putting me through school.

Apr 17, 2012 at 7:35 AM Post #294 of 687
As someone who cannot access Chris_himself on Blogspot (which is banned in China), I am confused. It seems that Headphone Lounge Cables by Chris_Himself is different than Headphonelounge.com which also makes silver IEM cables?

Apr 17, 2012 at 7:38 AM Post #295 of 687

Quote:
As someone who cannot access Chris_himself on Blogspot (which is banned in China), I am confused. It seems that Headphone Lounge Cables by Chris_Himself is different than Headphonelounge.com which also makes silver IEM cables?

Same website, just PM me if all else fails.

My e-mail is my user name @tranceaddict.net,

I'm available to chat about audio equipment as well, as thats how I like to spend my time on head-fi these days instead of posting.

Apr 18, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #297 of 687

Quote:
Same website, just PM me if all else fails.

My e-mail is my user name @tranceaddict.net,

I'm available to chat about audio equipment as well, as thats how I like to spend my time on head-fi these days instead of posting.

No, no, no!  You should be spending your time finishing my cable before my JH16s arrive!!!....  Just kidding Chris, please take your time.  Just make sure it's the best cable you've ever made. 
wink_face.gif

Apr 18, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #299 of 687

Quote:

No problem, I too am interested in what evolutionx has to say about the pairing.  The more reviews/evaluations of gear we have, the more informed decisions others can make!  The popcorn was just a nice snack until evolutionx posts his thoughts 
wink_face.gif
.  And thank you for the compliment, please don't hesitate to ask me questions.

I will probably ask you and others a lot of questions once I get my IEMs and cable.  I'm new at this hi def music business.  Thanks man.

Apr 19, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #300 of 687
I'm using a Silver Dragon MKII Pure silver cable from Jaben at the moment, and its soundstage is massive, but the trade off is the slight bass reduction, but increased depth. I ordered the toxic cable OCC silver and asked my friend to build one for me. Its going to arrive in probably another week...

Does anyone have any impression on the Toxic Cable OCC Silver?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back