19 custom IEM/TF10/Shure/IE8 cables reviewed (Effect Pearl, Apollo, & Odin added 3/20/13)
Mar 30, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #272 of 687

Quote:
Tim, those cables look amazing, are you using Toxic or Double Helix for your builds?

These cables were obtained almost directly from manufacturers, they were brandless. I guess they could be nothing or perhaps may once be any famous brands for sale on the market when they're being made and shipped in accordance with any contracts signed.

Quote:
pretty, but the material seem not cheaper, expecially OCC material.

Yes, to me, prices of the OCC Silver ones could be to some extent, relatively high!

Mar 30, 2012 at 4:28 AM Post #273 of 687
TimHKG you in Hong Kong? 
where ya getting them cables? :D

Apr 1, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #274 of 687

Quote:
These cables were obtained almost directly from manufacturers, they were brandless. I guess they could be nothing or perhaps may once be any famous brands for sale on the market when they're being made and shipped in accordance with any contracts signed.

Yes, to me, prices of the OCC Silver ones could be to some extent, relatively high!

Share your source :D

Apr 2, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #275 of 687

Quote:
Anything new about the twag hybrid cable Staal?
I am also looking forward to your review. I haven't found reviews of it yet.

Finally got in touch with Craig from Whiplash who has been hospitalized and he appears to be back in business. He will be sending a cable over my way after all.

Apr 5, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #277 of 687

Quote:
Finally got in touch with Craig from Whiplash who has been hospitalized and he appears to be back in business. He will be sending a cable over my way after all.

Good to hear Craig is back out and in business.  

Quote:
Finally got my Null Audio Lune!

Nice, what do you think?

Apr 9, 2012 at 8:52 AM Post #278 of 687
Hi,

So I'm about to get a TWag v1 cable with memory wire from someone but will like to check, is it better for me to get the v2 instead and is there a huge difference between the 2?

Thanks.

Apr 9, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #279 of 687
I am not 100% sure, but I thought I saw when compiling my list of aftermarket IEM cables that Whiplash is doing a trade in service or upgrade service for free or relatively low cost. Check into it. If they are offering a service like this, it would be reasonable to think they believe the v2 is better than the v1

EDIT: cant seem to find it, maybe it never existed, sorry about the misinformation
Quote:
Hi,

So I'm about to get a TWag v1 cable with memory wire from someone but will like to check, is it better for me to get the v2 instead and is there a huge difference between the 2?

Thanks.

Apr 10, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #280 of 687
İs the picolino really worth it? I think someone would be happier buying something else like another iem, or a used lcd2

Apr 10, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #281 of 687

Quote:
İs the picolino really worth it? I think someone would be happier buying something else like another iem, or a used lcd2

From what people tell me, it is. I wouldn't buy it, but all the dudes who have money AND common sense who bought it seem to not mind keeping theirs.

Apr 12, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #282 of 687

Quote:

That is a question that combines both economic status and interest level in the hobby.  If it takes your CIEM to the next level, making it more realistic than the LCD2 (especially if you don't have the amp for the LCD2), then it could be worth it.  Synergy is tough to predict, so finding a match is important, however there really isn't a large database ATM.

Apr 14, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #284 of 687
Weird I got mine within a week or so..

Apr 14, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #285 of 687

Quote:
How long did it take?  I'm going on 2 months for my arete.  It's been an interesting process.

That sure seems like a long time...care to share the story?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back