19 custom IEM/TF10/Shure/IE8 cables reviewed (Effect Pearl, Apollo, & Odin added 3/20/13)
Apr 21, 2012 at 5:31 AM Post #301 of 687

Quote:
I'm using a Silver Dragon MKII Pure silver cable from Jaben at the moment, and its soundstage is massive, but the trade off is the slight bass reduction, but increased depth. I ordered the toxic cable OCC silver and asked my friend to build one for me. Its going to arrive in probably another week...

Does anyone have any impression on the Toxic Cable OCC Silver?

Yes, it's very good, go check out the LCD-2 cable thread and you'll grasp the following that the guy has. He builds beautiful cables and I hope he enjoys a lot of success in the future.

Apr 21, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #302 of 687
Ooh thats good, can't wait till it arrives! Takes 10-20 days for it to ship to Hong Kong

Apr 26, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #303 of 687

Quote:
I'm using a Silver Dragon MKII Pure silver cable from Jaben at the moment, and its soundstage is massive, but the trade off is the slight bass reduction, but increased depth. I ordered the toxic cable OCC silver and asked my friend to build one for me. Its going to arrive in probably another week...

Does anyone have any impression on the Toxic Cable OCC Silver?

I made an ipod LOD out of the Toxic Cables silver, and am currently making an IEM cable from it too ( longest cable build ever! But good things come to those who wait. All I need to do is solder the pins on then its done... Check my photo albumn - towards the end - for pics) Its really nice stuff. Very flexible and beautiful.

I was so impressed with the SQ from the LOD that I decided to sink some cash into 16ft of the silver wire to make the IEM cable. For me - refering to the LOD - the bass responce is great. Tighter than before. The music sounds more dynamic and engaging than before.

I must finish this cable up!

Apr 26, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #304 of 687
I wonder how it compares to other silver cables due to the gold content..but hey it just arrived! I'll post some impressions when its done making

Apr 26, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #305 of 687
Soldered the pins onto the Toxic Cables DIY silver IEM cable this evening.

Cable is not quite finished yet but I had a quick listen to a couple of tracks with my TF10. Very initial impressions are: Bass sounds huge! Mids seem much more forward. Highs are still wonderfully sparkly. Sounds much more epic than previously.

I will post further impressions once I have finished it off and gotten a few hours on it.

Apr 28, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #308 of 687

Quote:
Soldered the pins onto the Toxic Cables DIY silver IEM cable this evening.

Cable is not quite finished yet but I had a quick listen to a couple of tracks with my TF10. Very initial impressions are: Bass sounds huge! Mids seem much more forward. Highs are still wonderfully sparkly. Sounds much more epic than previously.

I will post further impressions once I have finished it off and gotten a few hours on it.

Just wait till you burn it in. 
ksc75smile.gif

Your work looks amazing.

Apr 28, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #309 of 687
Apr 28, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #310 of 687

Quote:

I just heard from a reliable source that this wire is the same wire that Whiplash uses for it's cables.....how ironic!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pure-Stranded-UP-OCC-Cyro-Treated-7N-Silver-Wire-per-ft-/120887397448?pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item1c25734c48

My wire is made especially for me to my specifications, every wire i use for my cables is my own and only available from me.

Your source is far from reliable, if that's the information they gave you.

Apr 28, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #312 of 687

Quote:

Is that an amber Y-split? Wow... gorgeous!

Yes it is. Thank you! I did make an amber chin cinch / slider as well, but in the end I thought it was a little too much so wennt with a clear silicone O ring instead.

Quote:

Just wait till you burn it in. 
ksc75smile.gif

Your work looks amazing.

Thanks Frank. What burn in time would you recomend on the silver?  

Quote:

Beautiful!
How much did this cost you in total?

Thank you. Total cost for materials was about £120 ish I think. It was over my budget, but after making an ipod LOD with the TC Silver, I had to do an IEM cable with it too.

Apr 28, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #313 of 687
Wow that looks amazing!
Do update us on the sound after burn in :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back