19 custom IEM/TF10/Shure/IE8 cables reviewed (Effect Pearl, Apollo, & Odin added 3/20/13)
Feb 16, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #227 of 687

Quote:
Would some of you think the Silver Dragon isn't suitable for TF10?

I've owned them, they're absolutely appropriate to use and they're good value for money for what you get!

Feb 17, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #229 of 687
Feb 19, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #230 of 687

The UERM cable fits (I could have pushed it on completely), but the bend is not in the correct spot and will not go over the ear.

Fiio makes a cable, but I have no idea how it is as it could be as bad as the stock cable as it looks like it could possibly be not all that flexible from the pictures.  

This cable looks soft and flexible.

Feb 19, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #231 of 687
I am still over the fence about that too. Chris cable review are stiff coz of the silver core. I was thinking of silver but not too hard like the oyaide I showed you.
The IEM logitech cables can fit right even though there is a little gap? If I push it in like the one in your picture will it make the holes bigger? Also will the ones on the far lower right fit? The one in the UERM http://www.logitech.com/en-us/ue/custom-in-ear-monitors/accessories?wt.mc_id=usym_redirect_ultimateears

Thanks for all the info

Feb 19, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #232 of 687
Hey average_joe,

Do you know if the pre-2010 ones from UE at http://www.logitech.com/en-us/ue/custom-in-ear-monitors/accessories?wt.mc_id=usym_redirect_ultimateears would work with JH etc?

Feb 20, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #233 of 687

Quote:
Wouldn't that make the cable stiffer?

Probably, but anything to help the overall durability would help. My earphones and cables go through...A lot. While the microphonics would be worse, it probably wouldn't matter as long as I ran the cable behind the neck.

Either way, I just phoned in today and got them to send a replacement cable for free. Customer support isn't half bad. I'll probably grab a better cable this summer or reshell at this rate though.

Feb 20, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #234 of 687
I've owned them, they're absolutely appropriate to use and they're good value for money for what you get!

I think the SD cable is a great upgrade for the TF10.

Have to say, I also thought same to begin with. I used this combo already and quite happy with it.
Today I'm bit confused. What happened to me twice now, exact 1 month from receiving, I've got bad signal from one channel, found that to be a problem at the bottom end of the cable. What the hell, the Silver Dragon supposed to be tank.
Already shipped back one time, last week same just happened again to me. :frowning2:
The company now saying TF10 does not fit the SD and is the problem, I can't believe this.

Just to say I tried several phones with it and players, it's not my TF10s.

Feb 21, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #235 of 687

Quote:
I am still over the fence about that too. Chris cable review are stiff coz of the silver core. I was thinking of silver but not too hard like the oyaide I showed you.
The IEM logitech cables can fit right even though there is a little gap? If I push it in like the one in your picture will it make the holes bigger? Also will the ones on the far lower right fit? The one in the UERM http://www.logitech.com/en-us/ue/custom-in-ear-monitors/accessories?wt.mc_id=usym_redirect_ultimateears

Thanks for all the info

Yes, if I push it in more it will stretch the sockets.

Quote:
Hey average_joe,

Do you know if the pre-2010 ones from UE at http://www.logitech.com/en-us/ue/custom-in-ear-monitors/accessories?wt.mc_id=usym_redirect_ultimateears would work with JH etc?

I don't have experience with those, but the current UE pins fit Westone/JHA pins.  I would say yes, but I can't verify, so hopefully someone with experience with the specific connectors will chime in. 

Quote:
Have to say, I also thought same to begin with. I used this combo already and quite happy with it.
Today I'm bit confused. What happened to me twice now, exact 1 month from receiving, I've got bad signal from one channel, found that to be a problem at the bottom end of the cable. What the hell, the Silver Dragon supposed to be tank.
Already shipped back one time, last week same just happened again to me.
frown.gif

The company now saying TF10 does not fit the SD and is the problem, I can't believe this.
Just to say I tried several phones with it and players, it's not my TF10s.

Sorry to hear about your issues.  What do you mean by the bottom end of the cable, the 3.5mm plug or the shell connector?  And the site doe specify only JHA, Ultimate Ears, and Westone compatibility (or Livewires), but a TF10 really shouldn't be much different except for the angle.

Feb 21, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #236 of 687
Sorry to hear about your issues.  What do you mean by the bottom end of the cable, the 3.5mm plug or the shell connector?  And the site doe specify only JHA, Ultimate Ears, and Westone compatibility (or Livewires), but a TF10 really shouldn't be much different except for the angle.

I meant the end next to the 3.5mm plug.

Feb 21, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #237 of 687

Quote:
I don't have experience with those, but the current UE pins fit Westone/JHA pins.  I would say yes, but I can't verify, so hopefully someone with experience with the specific connectors will chime in. 

You mean the ones with the "shield" around the pins? I kinda assumed that surely wouldn't fit. 
redface.gif

Feb 22, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #238 of 687

Quote:
I meant the end next to the 3.5mm plug.

If you can verify it is that end, it really shouldn't matter what is connected to the shell connectors.  I would recommend re-explaining the situation.  However, if you do have 2 failures at the same place, you should look at how you are using the cable.  I know that some people can be extremely rough on cables, such as continuously bending them since they are in a tight pocket while walking, or pulled out by the cable, or bent at severe angles, etc.  I am not saying you are doing that, but check your usage patterns.

Quote:
You mean the ones with the "shield" around the pins? I kinda assumed that surely wouldn't fit. 
redface.gif

I don't have experience with the ones without the shield.  The one with the shield has pins that fit, but you would need to cut the shield off to use it with something other than the UE products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back