「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 6, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #42,991 of 177,744
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I just marked a scam email as not spam (now marked as spam once again). Why didn't the "UPS" header and "From the FedEx Team" ring any bells to me is beyond me. Competitors won't work together unless they believe in non-capitalistic values. How am I so stupid.. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Lol!!!
FedEx does in fact ship priority for USPS though.

Dec 6, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #42,992 of 177,744
Confirming the comment on nyaa that the lossless version of the Psycho-Pass ED  from ASL is, in fact, ripped from a mpeg. 
frown.gif

Dec 6, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #42,996 of 177,744
Quote:

While you're at it, mind listing some teams that are known to turn out good files?

[ASL] is the most prolific and popular at the moment. Used to go for LonE stuff (the only one who had this rare SFP EP that I couldn't even buy), but they haven't been as frequent anymore. Apart from other frequent teams like NJK and Shin-S, the majority of rips are just from random people who do them once or twice.

Okay, seems like even Shin-S has a mpeg rip for the ED. Boo. Guess I might actually have to buy it *gasp*

Dec 6, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #42,997 of 177,744
Quote:
Confirming the comment on nyaa that the lossless version of the Psycho-Pass ED  from ASL is, in fact, ripped from a mpeg. 
frown.gif

what do you mean by ripped from mpeg? like mpeg-what? source?

Don't care as long as I can't tell the difference~

Dec 6, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #42,998 of 177,744
Quote:
Okay, seems like even Shin-S has a mpeg rip for the ED. Boo. Guess I might actually have to buy it *gasp*

There are actually a few albums that I'd like to buy....
but amazon.jp won't ship!!
frown.gif

Dec 6, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #42,999 of 177,744
Quote:

what do you mean by ripped from mpeg? like mpeg-what? source?

Don't care as long as I can't tell the difference~

Audacity shows it cuts off early. Someone here took a pic of the audiochecker results (which looks much more presentable and understandable, so here) 

It's not a mp3 vs flac thing, just that the source probably isn't the CD. Think ugly, ugly youtube rips.

Dec 6, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #43,001 of 177,744
Okay guys, I finished building the computer two hours or so ago (installed the heatsink: a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO) and I've been installing Windows 7 (Home Premium 64-Bit/x64). The computer booted up fine. I changed SATA to AHCI mode (instead of the normal, crappy IDE). Boots up fine, fans work. When I was finished building, I thought the heatsink would hit the side panel but fortunately it didn't. :D Anyways, back to finishing my installation of Windows.
Quote:
Show me some instructions on the visual style editing :D I like your backgrounds n stuff.
But start bar on top = ........
Too used to classic style. Too old to change.

^Example of some WP i used to use before dual monitor setup.
Mostly are colorful. But the pictures all follow a theme color or hue.
My laptop on the other hand uses completely different sets of WPs... let me go ss that.

Thank you.

Start bar on top is something I've picked up from Linux. It's just a personal preference.
Quote:
What are we talking about???

Something on FB...I think.
Quote:
Kalbee's new avatar... 

[size=x-small][/size]

Panda uses headbutt, It is not very effective against pumpkin. -4 hp

Haha.
Quote:
Red Pandas are adorable.

Better, no?
biggrin.gif

The difference between my storage dump+gaming machine (desktop) vs. current main machine (laptop).
Folder in dead center is for my school project. So that I don't forget, it has to stand out like crazy.

Agreed.

Meh. Icons are too large, although they shouldn't be there in the first place. Keep the ones you use most pinned to your taskbar or start menu. Everything else you can just get to by clicking a few more times in the Start Menu.
Quote:
Are we showing desktops? Finally a chance to reminisce about my old setups, where I had taste and put in effort to make it look good and usable. Though, as I said it was partly out of a certain chuuni desire to be a 1337 h4x0r that I started mucking with Arch. Its damn sad at 14, I was messing around with AwesomeWM, tiling stuff, using the command line etc., and at 16.5, I am just a Windows 7 normal. :/ My old Arch setup was also where I kept my entire K-On folder because I was sure no one in the family would be able to log in to my account from the command line and then start X11, thereby starting the GUI. And when I messed up compiling kernel 3.0, everything broke, so no K-On folder for me. >
frown.gif

Past desktops:

Back when I put in effort...
No screens of my current 7 laptop. Its just a aftermarket visual style from Deviantart and a simple wallpaper.

Arch Linux! I really want to give it a try.
Quote:

Thumbs up for another Arch user. 

dwm here.

I think everyone on the Arch forums looks to be a 1337 h4x0r with their 5 second boots, 10MB kernel, WMs stripped of any functionality, and that inbred elitism so rampant on the forums. You should have stuck to Gentoo, we're all nice there!

Windows 7 boots are pretty darn fast with an SSD. I can't imagine what linux boot times are like with an SSD.
Quote:
I was like you. Experienceing everythin but once it broke, i just left it
I used arch before(for like a n hour) and it was nice but i prefer others to be used as instals for consumers.
If i only browsed the web, those 5s boots would be sweet but i also game and use many programs

Bowei = dumb.
Quote:
Yeah, have to circumvent with VMs for all those crappy windows-only programs. Everything else is mostly covered. And since games aren't my forte (only thing I ever play is UT3 and Eve, both of which either work natively or perfectly on Wine), but at least Steam's out, and there's potential in the future.

What's amazing is how well everything just works out of the box now, especially driver support. I have had less problems installing Mint than installing W7 on a brand new custom box with UEFI, Ivy Bridge, all that pizazz. Can't say I've broken an install in years.

I tried experimenting with Arch Linux as a VM using VirtualBox but my laptop is too slow to do anything.
Quote:
oh now we postin previous desktops?

I guess we are now and...very dynamic, I guess.
Quote:
lol funny to see you guys flipping out because of cluttered desktop. You ain't seen nothing yet.

Quote:

Don't do it jgray....

THIS.
Quote:
My desktop

Anybody else feel like the hands wrapping around her is somewhat a strange concept for art in this photo? Then again, art has no boundaries.
Quote:
Well, if we're sharing desktops, here's a recent one of mine:

No animu, but whatever... I have it set to about 100 random photos I took, including that. 
This is the cleanest I've ever had my desktop, before I installed my SSD, half the left screen was occupied with crap, and there were a few things on the right monitor as well.
Hmm, I fixed the problem I was having with the drawings on project H...
I'm torn right now on what I should be saving up for right now... Tube amp? HE400? Mad Dogs? Paradox? AD2k? Pr0nz from Japan? College???
LOL! I also don't know what to spend my $5 gift card from Amazon on... First world problems :frowning2:

BLAND.
Quote:
Congrats on your newer new custom title bowei!  Couldn't happen to a more panda-er guy! 
smile.gif

Haha.
Quote:
Hmm, well everyone that lives in our house knows (derp).
My mom's fine with it, and my grandpa doesn't really have an opinion. Other than jpop being "a little different" from his 50s/country music...
Outside of that direct family, nobody else knows. I'm sure my very religious ants would think anime is the Antichrist, my hentai uncle... Well I'm not sure how he'd react, but I wouldn't wanna see it, my other uncle might be cool with it, heck he might even watch anime too...
As for other people in the family, I'd rather not see their reaction either...
I'm just going to leave this here...
d0df08ebdfda01ae5b7370ed4030d81e.jpg

LOL.
Quote:
Everyone knows in my family. I am the purveyor of sorts. Of course it goes without saying that I only show the more socially acceptable ones, anything slightly ecchi I'll never watch before midnight back at home. But I'm not back at home right now so, anything less than hentai is a go before midnight.
Testing mobile upload.

Very nice.
Quote:
My dad saw me watching some sci fi anime last summer. Asked me about it, and i answered, to certain degree of similarity: it's like tv shows and movies, there are star treks, star wars and lord of the rings in anime and i just like anime more then live action. He seems satisfied.
Edit: spelling

LOL. My parents generally don't care.
Quote:

I was watching that Kana video, and I couldn't help but feel that I recognised the place.

So I did some digging in my photos, and yup, I was right. 
tongue.gif
 That's in Shinjuku, I don't think I saw any street performances while I was there. 
frown.gif

It's almost been a year, but the memories are still vivid, I can't wait to go back again.

Dying to go back to Japan (or Singapore or Shanghai). Very lively cities. I'd prefer Singapore or Japan for air quality and Shanghai if I were to see friends.
Quote:
Muv-luv Alternative

What... one second we were having an emotional talk...
the next, half her head was gone and getting eaten (without censoring too) .............
good thing I'm immune to anime gore, but seriously... that came out of nowhere!

Well, since I've never going to watch it, I read the spoiler, and my reaction is "What". Well, now I know never to watch it.
Quote:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I just marked a scam email as not spam (now marked as spam once again). Why didn't the "UPS" header and "From the FedEx Team" ring any bells to me is beyond me. Competitors won't work together unless they believe in non-capitalistic values. How am I so stupid.. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

LOL.

Dec 6, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #43,002 of 177,744
There are actually a few albums that I'd like to buy....
but amazon.jp won't ship!! :frowning2:
is it that they won't ship to China or is that item specifically not able to be shipped to China?
I just got SwiftKey Flow! Is cool! If anyone wants the beta, pm me :D

Dec 6, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #43,003 of 177,744
I had so much hw today, sorry, no anime impressions or comments on Blood C, SSY, Chunibyou although I wished I could have shared

And big news. I SAW A CHUUNIBYOU EVENT this week at school!!

I was so happy..but freaked out.

I walked into my schools bathroom and there is an underclassmen (freshmen to sophomore) in there doing an Asian or Naruto meditation. He was literally leaning up against the wall(standing) , with feet crossed over each other trying to balance on the poles of his feet. And at the same time he would then outstretch his arms and then rejoin them into some Naruto spell with his eyes closed and then recite something. Another student and I were in there. We both noticed it but we tried to pretend we didn't see it. 

The kid was one of those type chuunibyou event looking guys too. Long hair with a multi colored T shirt and shorts.\

It was quite funny, as I kept thinking Chuunibyou in my head.

Dec 6, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #43,005 of 177,744
Quote:
I had so much hw today, sorry, no anime impressions or comments on Blood C, SSY, Chunibyou although I wished I could have shared

And big news. I SAW A CHUUNIBYOU EVENT this week at school!!

I was so happy..but freaked out.

I walked into my schools bathroom and there is an underclassmen (freshmen to sophomore) in there doing an Asian or Naruto meditation. He was literally leaning up against the wall(standing) , with feet crossed over each other trying to balance on the poles of his feet. And at the same time he would then outstretch his arms and then rejoin them into some Naruto spell with his eyes closed and then recite something. Another student and I were in there. We both noticed it but we tried to pretend we didn't see it. 

The kid was one of those type chuunibyou event looking guys too. Long hair with a multi colored T shirt and shorts.\

It was quite funny, as I kept thinking Chuunibyou in my head.

LOL!!

Quote:
is it that they won't ship to China or is that item specifically not able to be shipped to China?
I just got SwiftKey Flow! Is cool! If anyone wants the beta, pm me
biggrin.gif

It's the item....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back