「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 6, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #42,978 of 177,744
Nobody ever posts music so there is no way to know LOL.

edit: on top of you being album driven for some reason, which I have little to no desire to accommodate for >_<

My music loves have all been posted. They arent too largez

Any pop recommendations? I downloaded a lot furing free leach so i may already havenit
Well I'll be hard-pressed to pick 5 good shows from each season, but 3 is doable. But then I'm not this guy:

that can watch 20 series even going through med school in the heat of exams. Yes it's probably that I'm lazy and just have my attention and interest elsewhere right now, what with it being split between the ever-growing digital piles of games I got from bundles and sales, my urge to watch arguably funny live-streamers and VG tourneys.
Fair point on trends though, as I don't like this particular genre, so the latest trend is not to my liking.
Well, for one, overbudget animation usually means that the story isn't probably very good or well thought out. Sure for SoL and harem that isn't hard to sideline at all, one just have to imagine the next mundane normal stuff for a group of cute girls to do, or some sexual scenario for Insert-kun and 1-dimensional group of herpp derp girls in Harem Anime № 9042. From whatever limited experience I had with anime that I like, so far from what I can remember only Madoka seems to have the budget for great animation and good story (but then they have the earthquake to thank for for the delay for them to work on the last two episodes properly). Almost all the other anime that I love in my MAL list is not up to par to whatever SoL or harem shows get. I would also argue that the art style for the faces in Shinsekai Yori (SSY) is also not really fitting but then I have to acknowledge that it does changes a little bit to show how their once-innocent face (bloody big eyes and kind of innocent look to them) changes subtle enough, for me at least, to show how much mind-screw they had. Except in episode 10, where the only two human characters in that is just flat emotionless, despite the tears shed. And the bloody crotch and ass shots.
----------------------------
If we're going to talk about shonen, I think it would be amiss to not include JoJo's BA in the group, since it's way better than what I can see of BTOOOOM or Tempest carried. It is just pure shonen, with no pretense of depth (or not much at least) and a few unconventional un-shonen tropes (main characters can and will die easily). That or just it's just my glee of seeing one of the most awesome shonen manga animated as eccentric and intriguing as its source. Also not to be forgotten is Magi. I read the manga once but dropped it somewhere, and I think this is also one of the better shonen that I can recommend to anyone, especially to newbs.
*Sorry that my post is a bit hard to read. One of my problems is that I can't really put my thoughts coherent enough for people to get my points. Thus this usually results in quite a lot of lost arguments.

I think that your last sentence fits me a lot as well. Not that I lose them but just.. Well yeah.

I'm contemplating really heavily right now whether or not to embed the Blood-C gif gore fest here... I'm not going to let any potential for someone to report me for posting mind-screw gif.

I didnt watch blood c after ep 1.

Done.
I was talking about the game.
and not total eclipse.

the game is great btw, check it out if you have 50 hours to spare.

Says no one in this thread, as in having 50 hours to spare lol

Dec 6, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #42,980 of 177,744
I was watching that Kana video, and I couldn't help but feel that I recognised the place.

So I did some digging in my photos, and yup, I was right. :p  That's in Shinjuku, I don't think I saw any street performances while I was there. :frowning2:

It's almost been a year, but the memories are still vivid, I can't wait to go back again.

Haven't seen any street performance at Shinjuku either but the sidewalks around Harajuku park (wtv it was called, the one right behind the station) was literally filled with em last time I went. Like 5 different singers/groups/bands performing practically next to each other... and even more still preparing. How does that make sense anyway, can't hear anything right.
Oh and a bunch of cosplay girls in the park o_O

Gotta say I don't go to Shinjuku that much so not surprising.

This label made me giggle:

Oh, and on the back side it says 'Canadian maple syrup'.

LOL
What the...
Americans make maple syrup too. Why use stereotypical American labeling on Canadian content?
Lumberjack outside a log house in winter surrounded by maple trees w/ buckets on em--that's what it should look like for a steretypical Canadian content.

Yea. Chuunibyou is probably best of season.

Also pretty good are Btooom! and Tonari no Kaibutsukun. And I watched Little Busters! just because. Sasasegawa Sasasasasa is the best.

Fixed. :D

2003? You're lucky! I didn't have high speed Internet until 2007!
Yep, we've got our own forum for project H, so talk of it here will be quite minimal, except for me occasionally telling Boris to check the forum...
The tracker is back online, and according to torrent freak, Demonoid is planning a comeback...
Lol! That's hilarious! Is that a common stereotype about Americans? That we always ride Harley Davidsons around everywhere with our handlebar mustaches wearing cowboy boots?
Then we go to... CANADA??? To get maple syrup???

Well in a sense it is much more of an American symbol than can be attributed to any other country.
But seriously, when I go to the US and people ask me if we live in igloos and travel with sleds pulled by huskies. Seriously man. We're your neighbouring country ***.

Dec 6, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #42,981 of 177,744
Oh and speaking of maple syrup, for a good while when I was young I avoided using it since the container it came with had a very weird print. A freakin maple tree ent. Smiling at you. W.T.F. who thought of that design.

Dec 6, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #42,982 of 177,744
LOL
What the...
Americans make maple syrup too. Why use stereotypical American labeling on Canadian content?
Lumberjack outside a log house in winter surrounded by maple trees w/ buckets on em--that's what it should look like for a steretypical Canadian content.

This is product mainly exported to Germany (and then from Germany to the Netherlands). Do you really think the average German knows that?

Dec 6, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #42,983 of 177,744
Quote:
Yes you do lose arguments. To be quite honest JGray's writing is significantly better than yours.

I don't engage in many actual arguments so I don't really.

He spends more time typing I guess?
Quote:
Oh and speaking of maple syrup, for a good while when I was young I avoided using it since the container it came with had a very weird print. A freakin maple tree ent. Smiling at you. W.T.F. who thought of that design.

That is kinda scary?

Dec 6, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #42,984 of 177,744
This is product mainly exported to Germany (and then from Germany to the Netherlands). Do you really think the average German knows that?

It was my attempt at educating useless concepts to an uninterested bunch in a HF thread.
Not so much about Germans. Nowhere was it said that it was bottled in Germany either. At least nowhere visible to us.

Dec 6, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #42,986 of 177,744
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I just marked a scam email as not spam (now marked as spam once again). Why didn't the "UPS" header and "From the FedEx Team" ring any bells to me is beyond me. Competitors won't work together unless they believe in non-capitalistic values. How am I so stupid.. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Dec 6, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #42,987 of 177,744
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I just marked a scam email as not spam (now marked as spam once again). Why didn't the "UPS" header and "From the FedEx Team" ring any bells to me is beyond me. Competitors won't work together unless they believe in non-capitalistic values. How am I so stupid.. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
There was a pic recently of a UPS truck delivering to fed exp hq. not sure if real or fake though

Dec 6, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #42,988 of 177,744
fedex and usps are related so maybe thats what popped into your head? idk. 

stats final in an hour. done studying, this class is a joke. now I only have ochem to really study for.. ugh. 100+ hours here I come.

Dec 6, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #42,989 of 177,744
fedex and usps are related so maybe thats what popped into your head? idk. 

stats final in an hour. done studying, this class is a joke. now I only have ochem to really study for.. ugh. 100+ hours here I come.

If by stats you just mean statistics, then yeah, it's pretty easy.
(you could have also e.g. meant statistical physics, which concerns the approximation of very large but simple systems of particles like thermodynamics)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back