「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 19, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #134,191 of 177,747
Why is it prohibited? Is it not "an expression of art" as people often use as an excuse for lolis in the first place?

I guess it's not to some judges.
One reason why I turned the R-18 option on Pixiv off. There is some seriously wrong stuff there. Not okay.

Oct 19, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #134,192 of 177,747
Oh yeah, I forgot to add that after the car show with Michelle I went and had some really damn good barbecued pork, short ribs, and I don't even know what that third thing is but it was really really damn good.

The entrance to the restaurant. When I ordered they just took one of these down and chopped off my portion and then hung them back up again.

Did I mention it was really damn good?

Oct 19, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #134,193 of 177,747
  Oh yeah, I forgot to add that after the car show with Michelle I went and had some really damn good barbecued pork, short ribs, and I don't even know what that third thing is but it was really really damn good.

The entrance to the restaurant. When I ordered they just took one of these down and chopped off my portion and then hung them back up again.

Oh yeah that stuff, it's really good!

Cha Siu/Shao

Decent stuff and better with sauce!

"Mommy mommy! That pig looked at me weird! I want him roasted for breakfast!"

Oct 19, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #134,194 of 177,747

Cha Siu/Shao

Is there an English name for it though? Lol, this was less than 24 hours after a Chinese friend was telling me how "us Americans never do pork skin right", that it should be crispy and such. After eating this, dayum I gotta agree with him.

Also, do notice the sauce in the upper left corner :wink:

Oct 19, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #134,195 of 177,747
  Is there an English name for it though? Lol, this was less than 24 hours after a Chinese friend was telling me how "us Americans never do pork skin right", that it should be crispy and such. After eating this, dayum I gotta agree with him.

Also, do notice the sauce in the upper left corner :wink:

You Europeans got bacon right though 
wink_face.gif
 But then again. Bacon isn't hard to get right. There isn't any real thing that goes into it to be honest. You just throw it in oil and flip it a few times

But man do I love bacon. 

Yeah, stuff is nice. I love eating Cha Shao as a side with thick rice noodles 
wink_face.gif

and oh god yes. Ox Tail in the soup as beef is GLOOOOOOOOOOOOORIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOUOSOUOUOUOUOUSSSSS

Oct 19, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #134,196 of 177,747

Kau Kau?
The crispy skin is the best part. : D

The English name is probably just roasted pork belly. You should try the Taiwanese version of it at Mee Sum some day. Pork belly over rice.

[rule]
Korra episode 3 wasn't all that great today but the parts with an old character were entertaining.

[rule]
Sailor Moon episode 8 was pretty good today though. Sailor "vwee" had a nice transformation scene.

Oct 19, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #134,199 of 177,747

Cha Siu/Shao

Think the crispy skin one is Siu Yok.

Cha Siu is the skinless pork usually served with sweet sauce.

Oct 19, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #134,200 of 177,747
Think the crispy skin one is Siu Yok.

Cha Siu is the skinless pork usually served with sweet sauce.

There we go. I thought it was something like that. Cha siu is yeah, the skinless one you always see in things like cha siu bao.

Speaking of food, apparently this is what Brazillian cheese bread is like.

It's a tapicoa starch-based ball, very similar to Taiwanese or Korean tapicoa breads. It was really weird eating one though because I'm so used to the Taiwanese/Korean sweet tapioca breads and this one was very cheesy and salty.

Oct 19, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #134,205 of 177,747
What? D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back