「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 19, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #134,161 of 177,745

My wallet hates me so much right now. Even so, this was much cheaper (more than a factor 2) than what I would pay for it back home.

Funny thing is, Scotch whisky is actually cheaper in Japan than in Scotland/Netherlands. I remembered the prices of some bottles, and here it's actually slightly cheaper. (like 5% or so).

Oct 19, 2014 at 4:30 AM Post #134,162 of 177,745

Daaayum... You should get it and let me know how it compares to the H3! :D

Trustworthy Canadians... Well the first one who comes to mind is @kalbee since he's bought stuff before for me in Japan and shipped it to me

I've only had the H3 for a short while when James444 was sending his around, but I thought it was a pretty nice sounding phone. I ultimately preferred the Ex1000 though. I don't remember enough about the sig, but I wouldn't mind sending it to you if you want to do a review comparing the two. 

That would be awesome!!!

http://bbs.imp3.net/thread-11185441-1-1.html

Is that a flat cable on the Z5? 

Boothisman.gif

Lol yeah, I think Sony is sticking with flat cables. At least it looks better than the red/black flat cable on the H3. I personally just put a blue UE900 smartphone cable on my set of H3s and they look good to me.

When it comes to smartphone screen replacement, there are two types of people:

1. It's still cheaper than buying a new phone!
2. Might as well buy a new phone!

In other news, the iPad Air 2's screen will be very expensive to repair, because of its fully laminated display.

Why not just buy a new phone and then replace the screen on the old one and sell it for monies? XD

For most people, this would mean they'd have to transfer all their stuff over to the new phone, and go through the trouble of fixing the old one selling it, too. Unless they had upgrading in mind, this isn't very cost effective, as you'd end up spending more or less the same amount of money as a repair, which takes half an hour at most, and you don't have to do all the transfer stuff.

B-but, then you get a new phone! And transferring shizzle ain't all that hard tbh.

Dat sweet smell of people helping other people in AAMML in the morning. 

Kalbee is a great guy. 
tongue.gif

Be careful chaps (mainly exe-chan), shipping from Canada is wicked expensive. Expect EMS to cost around USD$60+ for a headphone sized package.

FWIW I had a 4kg package cost $100 or so all the way to Australia.

Indeed he is. :D

Shipping anywhere out of North America is expensive T_T

So I went to an auto show with Tracey today. It's probably the first auto show I've been to in Seattle. Really cool stuff. I got to test drive a 2015 Kia Soul EV.
..........dam that's a weird ass commercial

I saw that commercial after taking this photo and now it all makes sense:

But honestly, I wanted to try the Soul because of this commercial. XD

The front speakers actually have LEDs around them that glow depending on your music or just change colours every __ seconds. Swag for the ultimate distraction.

^ needs more carbon fiber swag

^ that car should ride lower to the ground

^ the colour changes depending on what angle you look at it

^ dat engine

^ Norton security motorcycle

^ it's like a Ghost Rider motorcycle or something

^ 'MERICA!

^ matte-black paint with Microsoft stickers slapped on it, literally

^ needs moar Mio Fender bass guitar moe

^ 2015 Doge Challenger Quincy Jones Signature Edition

^ Neko folders

^ new Studio Ghibli car

^ dat Maserati logo

^ alien technology from the Transformers series

^ best car to bring along with you

^ cars' tail lights always look cool to me for some reason

^ because why not?

^ matte-pearl finish is probably one of the coolest finishes I've seen on a car

^ I dunno what brand that is, but it looks cool

^ balcony view

^ ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

^ I've never seen a Porshe logo up close; it's pretty detailed for just a logo!

^ the Lotus Evora, starting at only $68,750

I don't think it was the EV version, but yeah that was a pretty cool car.
Here's my photos, can't be arsed to upload them all to hf...
https://secure.flickr.com/photos/98391529@N03/sets/72157646521135294/

Oct 19, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #134,163 of 177,745

My wallet hates me so much right now. Even so, this was much cheaper (more than a factor 2) than what I would pay for it back home.

Funny thing is, Scotch whisky is actually cheaper in Japan than in Scotland/Netherlands. I remembered the prices of some bottles, and here it's actually slightly cheaper. (like 5% or so).

That Hibiki 12 Bottle still look great no matter how many times I look at. How'd you like it?

Oct 19, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #134,165 of 177,745

Yeah you're probably right. I answered the survey with the EV though since I thought the Kia rep said that I was driving the 2015 Soul EV. Ah well.

Head-Fi is my Flickr/Facebook/Instagram/Twitter these days. 1 account is needed and it reaches out to all the people that really care about them. #sadbuttrue XD
I don't really use Facebook anymore unless someone messages me and I'm too lazy to get the Messager app or whatever. I never really used Flickr because its UI is too confusing to me, even some 7 years after I originally made the account. Instagram can go die in a ditch and I only have a Twitter account so I can get extra points to win something like Sennheiser's giveaways here.

Oct 19, 2014 at 6:13 AM Post #134,166 of 177,745
Just finished Cross Ange 03
So another 2 people dead, and quite brutally too...

Guess it has gotten better (IMO) too

Oct 19, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #134,167 of 177,745

Naisuuuuuuu!

I really need to jump on the Hibiki 12 FOTM bandwagon, but it's $110 here... 
frown.gif

A bit too much for me considering it's a blend, that's Balvenie 15 money. ><

Oct 19, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #134,170 of 177,745

Awesome!

So I went to an auto show with Tracey today. It's probably the first auto show I've been to in Seattle. Really cool stuff. I got to test drive a 2015 Kia Soul EV.
..........dam that's a weird ass commercial

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYWHsOeDf3M[/video]

I saw that commercial after taking this photo and now it all makes sense:

But honestly, I wanted to try the Soul because of this commercial. XD

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2xDiXhrLPc[/video]

The front speakers actually have LEDs around them that glow depending on your music or just change colours every __ seconds. Swag for the ultimate distraction.

^ needs more carbon fiber swag

^ that car should ride lower to the ground

^ the colour changes depending on what angle you look at it

^ dat engine

^ Norton security motorcycle

^ it's like a Ghost Rider motorcycle or something

^ 'MERICA!

^ matte-black paint with Microsoft stickers slapped on it, literally

^ needs moar Mio Fender bass guitar moe

^ 2015 Doge Challenger Quincy Jones Signature Edition

^ Neko folders

^ new Studio Ghibli car

^ dat Maserati logo

^ alien technology from the Transformers series

^ best car to bring along with you

^ cars' tail lights always look cool to me for some reason

^ because why not?

^ matte-pearl finish is probably one of the coolest finishes I've seen on a car

^ I dunno what brand that is, but it looks cool

^ balcony view

^ ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

^ I've never seen a Porshe logo up close; it's pretty detailed for just a logo!

^ the Lotus Evora, starting at only $68,750

Is that a photoshop or the Kia Soul rep with a rubber hamster head?

That Hibiki 12 Bottle still look great no matter how many times I look at. How'd you like it?

Yes it does. Around the holidays it comes in a gorgeous textured box, for wrapping I presume.

Just had some. It's awesome. :cool:

=)

That would be awesome!!!

Lol yeah, I think Sony is sticking with flat cables. At least it looks better than the red/black flat cable on the H3. I personally just put a blue UE900 smartphone cable on my set of H3s and they look good to me.

B-but, then you get a new phone! And transferring shizzle ain't all that hard tbh.

Indeed he is. :D

Shipping anywhere out of North America is expensive T_T

The lighting at the Seattle show is a lot dimmer than the NY show, where there were a million pointed reflections on ever body panel.

Yeah you're probably right. I answered the survey with the EV though since I thought the Kia rep said that I was driving the 2015 Soul EV. Ah well.

Head-Fi is my Flickr/Facebook/Instagram/Twitter these days. 1 account is needed and it reaches out to all the people that really care about them. #sadbuttrue XD
I don't really use Facebook anymore unless someone messages me and I'm too lazy to get the Messager app or whatever. I never really used Flickr because its UI is too confusing to me, even some 7 years after I originally made the account. Instagram can go die in a ditch and I only have a Twitter account so I can get extra points to win something like Sennheiser's giveaways here.

Lol. I can relate. I want to start a twitter account to receive news and company updates but I don't like thinking of usernames. :rolleyes:

Naisuuuuuuu!

I really need to jump on the Hibiki 12 FOTM bandwagon, but it's $110 here... :frowning2:

A bit too much for me considering it's a blend, that's Balvenie 15 money. ><

Even while it's really good, that's robbery over Japan's prices.

Oct 19, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #134,172 of 177,745
Oct 19, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #134,173 of 177,745
Time to play Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse!
This is one of the rare cases of a VN based on a Manga.

And yes, they managed to dish out an even crappier main menu than Muv-Luv Alternative.... I don't even see an "exit" option.

Oct 19, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #134,174 of 177,745
This was a slight lol:

JGXIYnL.png

And this was a bigger lol:

It's actually one of the better songs in the OST IMO.

Oct 19, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #134,175 of 177,745
Anyone know how i could buy games from the japanese app store? I can purchase free stuff but not the non free stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back