「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 12, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #123,616 of 177,745
Though looking back at the shows I rated 10/10 on MAL, except for Space Bros it all doesn't feel like a 10/10 anymore. It did when I watched it, but in my memory how well I enjoyed the show quickly becomes distorted. And Space Bros is a show I gave a 10/10, not because it was a masterpiece in terms of plot or animation or anything, but purely because it was able to keep me entertained every Sunday morning for two full years. If I'd watch it in a marathon it'd be an 8/10 at best.

That is why I update these score from time to time. Most of the 10/10 shows still hold up pretty well :|

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #123,617 of 177,745
I... Played that one before too.
biggrin.gif

I only got to the part where you snuck into the dorm as a dog, then I lost interest.

One of my recent ones :
vndb.org/v14614

Along with Cutie*Bullet

LOL don't think I played that route.

Do you have a VNDB list?

EDIT: I *might* just check that game out because of how ridiculous it seems......
Don't think I've ever played a VN with 49 heroines and somebody actually entered all of them into VNDB (for lols I presume).

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:02 AM Post #123,618 of 177,745
That is why I update these score from time to time. Most of the 10/10 shows still hold up pretty well :|

I decided not to update scores. It makes the ratings tainted. In the end it's nothing more than a list of numbers, so I might just as well go with what I first came up with. Even if that means giving a show a high rating on there which I would find incredibly boring if I would watch it now.

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #123,619 of 177,745
2/10? Wow. So you rated it purely based on enjoyment? That is something I wouldn't do :|

I'm fine with being a Music Addict, thanks :3

I honestly would not like to be called a Tech Addict...

That is something I have been thinking about for a while now. It appears to me that many many people in this forum only pursue this audio hobby because of the tech aspect. Getting the best gear for your money instead of getting the best gear for your listening preferences. Sure, the whole tech aspect is deeply entwined with the music aspect but still....meh.

I guess thats just how things are.

If I can't make it past the first 3 episodes, how else am I to rate it? It's got a bad hook and I really didn't enjoy watching it. The second and third episodes gave me a confused "wat..." moment. The animation itself was nothing spectacular to me either.

That's because Head-Fi's vision is catered towards the tech stuff. XD
http://www.head-fi.org/a/about-us
Head-Fi.org is the web's headquarters for discussing (and reading about) high-end personal audio and headphones. Whether you're looking to find new earphones or earbuds to completely transform your iPod (or other MP3 player), or for a full-blown multi-thousand dollar desktop headphone rig, Head-Fi is where to go.

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #123,620 of 177,745
LOL don't think I played that route.

Do you have a VNDB list?

Huh... Maybe it was another Chenge. I know there were 3 games, the one I tried was the newest. Same mascot tho

No vndb, or myanimelist. I tend to just watch or finish a game and forget it. If it's really good the it'll stick, if it's forgettable then it wasn't that good anyways(probably). Plus I suck at writing reviews because I tend to become extremely obsessed with a game I like until a few weeks later when it dies down. Can't write unbiased and all that.

Aug 12, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #123,621 of 177,745
Bad quiz. At almost every question I was thinking "all of these answers really do not fit me" so I just went what fitted me the most -- even if it was ways off. The end result is just BS. Me, happily spending gazillions to get the best tech gear? You couldn't be more wrong.

Exactly what I feel with the quiz, got a TV something..
Its kinda amazing how there are so many choices, yet none hit =_=

And it seems like "Apple = Tech" to them *R%^*@%(

Aug 12, 2014 at 8:28 AM Post #123,622 of 177,745
Exactly what I feel with the quiz, got a TV something..
Its kinda amazing how there are so many choices, yet none hit =_=

And it seems like "Apple = Tech" to them *R%^*@%(

I mean there was some science related option only twice in the entire quiz (both times someone drawing on a blackboard -- talk about stereotypes). Should have been a mathematics option at every step.
:rolleyes:

Or something related to your heroes.
I don't have a freaking hero.

Aug 12, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #123,623 of 177,745

Me neither. Maybe a few people I really respect. But heroes? Nah.
Elon Musk is one hell of a guy.

Aug 12, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #123,625 of 177,745

When you get a little older you'll start to understand that money spent on 'experiences' isn't so much a waste compared to buying physical goods.

I spent $750 for three tickets to one of nagi's first concerts, it might have been the best money I've ever spent in my life. You had to enter a raffle to buy the tickets, it's for Japanese residents only so I had to search for them on Yahoo Auctions Japan, I sure paid a pretty penny for them, not to mention the 30% commission on the buying service. Our plane tickets were bought way in advance so it was a miracle the concert was on while we were there.

Still, we're probably the only foreigners at her concert, and she sung songs that will most likely never ever be performed live again, including my favourite song!

I do agree with this, though as an indoor person, there aren't too many 'experiences' out there that would interest me. As a result(?), most of my spendings are on stuffs I use everyday.

Orz nagi concert...

Nice~

According to my MAL...... I have spent ~3% of my entire lifetime on anime alone.

Hmm... 6=_=
Not sure if I can match your record

I mean there was some science related option only twice in the entire quiz (both times someone drawing on a blackboard -- talk about stereotypes). Should have been a mathematics option at every step.
rolleyes.gif

Didn't choose that blackboard one, think I chose projector presentation one in that question.
I "huh?" at the hero thing too.
It would be much easier and enjoyable to me if all the choices were in moe moe gals :>

Aug 12, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #123,627 of 177,745
http://n4g.com/news/1565601/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-exclusive-to-xbox-one

It was nice knowing you TR, maybe it'll be a timed exclusive and I'll get to play it on 1080p 60fps somewhere in 2016.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back