「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 12, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #123,646 of 177,744
That's amazing! I bought the 2012 PC download of Final Fantasy VII directly from Square Enix. Do you happen to know if the Steam version is any different?

Lol, maybe I missed a few posts between you guys but this reads like internet bot spam:

Post 1:
I was able to determine the lights absorption fallacy in Aldnoah!

Post 2:
That's amazing! I agree. You can read more about it on my website http://www.ILove72PintoHatchbackHubcapsToo.com

Aug 12, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #123,647 of 177,744
Welp, I finally updated it after not touching it for a good two years.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/miceblue425

lol

I've "only" watched ~7.5 days' worth of anime. You all probably have at least 3 times that amount.

It's funny that I've watched more anime than you. When I listed the 26 complete anime series I've seen, that didn't count all the movies, OVAs, and incomplete series. I don't have an MAL profile, though.

None of the complete series you've seen have more than 26 episodes!

lol @ dropping Dragon Ball Z. I've seen nearly everything in the Dragon Ball franchise.

This is a real gem.

The Dragon Ball Z series, well... It is segmented into 'sagas,' which each discuss a random villain who is somehow even more powerful than the last one, who was already the strongest creature in the universe next to Goku. Goku usually takes no longer than 1000 episodes to defeat one of said fearsome foes, most of which consists of powering-up or attacks which Goku think defeats the enemy, but doesn't. Goku appeared in 67263 episodes of Dragonball Z. It should also be noted that several thousand of these episodes consist entirely of a close up of Goku's face as he powers up.

I once saw a video that "scientifically" proved that Superman is stronger than Goku. XD

Thumbs up @ planning to watch FMAB, Soul Eater, and Black Butler! The second season of the last one has more messed up adult content than I anticipated. I'm about to watch the new third season.

Yeah it's kind of sad how much anime I actually watch compared to you all. :/
A lot of the stuff out there just doesn't really interest me I guess.

I used to watch Dragon Ball Z on Toonami, but I never really paid attention to the series as a whole since it wasn't really engaging to me. I watched ~50 episodes on YouTube but then I just dropped it since it wasn't getting very far and I didn't feel like spending eternity watching them.

Send ticket to Steam support, get human typed response in less than 4 minutes, quote "We apologize for the delay...". Such support! Much speed! wow!

That's because there's an army of Orcs powering the Steam platform.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr2GdRBDOmU[/video]

[rule]Ooooooooooooooooh one of my favourite YouTube AMSR channels got a Q 701! This guy knows his audio stuff! : D

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLbj8FzuV_M[/video]

Aug 12, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #123,648 of 177,744
Lol, maybe I missed a few posts between you guys but this reads like internet not spam:

Post 1:
I was able to determine the lights absorption fallacy in Aldnoah!

Post 2:
That's amazing! I agree. You can read more about it on my website http://www.ILove72PintoHatchbackHubcapsToo.com

Um, no. I genuinely felt it was amazing to get a reply that quickly, then asked a question related to the company.

Yeah it's kind of sad how much anime I actually watch compared to you all. :/
A lot of the stuff out there just doesn't really interest me I guess.

I used to watch Dragon Ball Z on Toonami, but I never really paid attention to the series as a whole since it wasn't really engaging to me. I watched ~50 episodes on YouTube but then I just dropped it since it wasn't getting very far and I didn't feel like spending eternity watching them.

I've watched some series multiple times in both dubs, so my actual play time is even greater.

Aug 12, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #123,649 of 177,744
Um, no. I genuinely felt it was amazing to get a reply that quickly, then asked a question related to the company.

I've watched some series multiple times in both dubs, so my actual play time is even greater.

Lol I know, just thought it was funny that it read that way. I even put in a movie reference for you :p

Aug 12, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #123,651 of 177,744
Shouldn't be, except Steam achievements. Even cloud saves are handled by Squenix themselves, so they shouldn't be missing (if you're into that).

There are achievements, and when you click to view your online profile, there is an option to sign in with Steam. Due to this, I thought there were no differences, but Wikipedia suggests there may be:

On July 4, 2012, Square Enix revealed that a PC re-release was forthcoming. It was subsequently released on August 14. The game features 36 new achievements to be unlocked, "Cloud Saves", and a "Character Booster" feature. This remasterization for modern PCs was developed by DotEmu and is available exclusively via the Square Enix store. The game can be played at Full HD (1920x1080) resolution, but does not feature revamped graphics. The release is primarily aimed to port the classic game into a downloadable game to be run on modern Windows OSs (XP/Vista/7) and DirectX 9.0c.

On July 4, 2013, the game was released on the Steam digital distribution platform for Windows PCs.

The part in bold is incorrect. Anyone who has played it can plainly see that.

Aug 12, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #123,655 of 177,744
How? I haven't played it back in the day, so I would only say that it has texture filtering (PSX games don't have it?), but I assume it was a standard for PC even back then.

The original PS1 game looks pixelated, whereas this PC remaster has smoother-looking graphics - not necessarily better from a subjective perspective.

Of the 3D Final Fantasy games (7 through13), which one should I play. Hiro of Project Phoenix really likes #9, although I'm inclined to play #7 just because everyone has played it (it doesn't look terribly fun though).

You haven't played Final Fantasy VII?! It's my favorite video game of all time. IX is really good as well.

And how could you say VII doesn't look fun? I've played that game for many hundreds of hours.

Also, if you haven't played VII, how could you understand the Hunger Games / Final Fantasy crossover image I made?

Aug 12, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #123,656 of 177,744
Of the 3D Final Fantasy games (7 through13), which one should I play. Hiro of Project Phoenix really likes #9, although I'm inclined to play #7 just because everyone has played it (it doesn't look terribly fun though).

Here's the thing, IMO. 9 is beloved for a reason, it's fun and playful, it's well done and it's very classic. And it's specifically because of that, that i wouldn't recommend it as a representative sample of 3D final fantasy. 7 is worth playing because takes 6 and runs with it. 8 is an oddball but for being so different, it feels at home. Personally I think 10 is the best melding of old and new FF. 12 is pretty lol.

IMO, play 7 to see how it ushered in a new era, then play 10 to see how the series can still have roots without being tied to them. Then play 9 to see where it all started. And then 8 to see how they thought, let's try something different and didn't terribly screw it up. Then play 12 cuz its the only one left that isn't online. If you're including 13, drop the in anywhere after 9.

Aug 12, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #123,657 of 177,744
Here's the thing, IMO. 9 is beloved for a reason, it's fun, it's well done and it's very classic. And it's specifically because of that, that i wouldn't recommend it as a representative sample of 3D final fantasy. 7 is worth playing because takes 6 and runs with it. 8 is an oddball but for being so different, it feels at home. Personally I think 10 is the best melding of old and new FF. 12 is pretty lol.

IMO, play 7 to see how it ushered in a new era, then play 10 to see how the series can still have roots without being tied to them. Then play 9 to see where it all started. And then 8 to see how they thought, let's try something different. Then play 12 cuz its the only one left that isn't online. If you're including 13, drop the in anywhere after 9.

Good summary. They're all worth playing.

Aug 12, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #123,660 of 177,744
Also, haven't finished it (might play it as well soon, since I'll be playing XII), but generally enjoyed it. Not sure if it's AS good as people say (because you know, nostalgia and stuff), but I had no problems enjoying it when playing for the first time so long after it came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back