「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 12, 2014 at 5:50 AM Post #123,601 of 177,745
Nice~

According to my MAL...... I have spent ~3% of my entire lifetime on anime alone.

Wah, that's a lot more anime than I'll probably ever watch in my lifetime. XD

I did say in my first post in this thread that
Admittedly I'm not a huge fan of anime, but I do watch a few things here and there.

so I guess it's not too surprising.

There's a few manga that I'm missing in my list. In my bookmarks, I have Immortal Rain (I dunno why since it doesn't seem that interesting to me), Koe no Katachi, 1/11, To LOVE-Ru Darkness (I dunno why this is here), and To LOVE-Ru Darkness. There's also that one manga that bowei talked about that I read and I was really disturbed by it (something like a sex slave girl/prostitute and one of her male classmate falls in love with her and tries to break her free from her master's influence).

Aug 12, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #123,602 of 177,745
Everytime I see the word "Jikan" in any eroges I immediately think of the Timing freezing r*pe one I played awhile back... I couldn't get past the first victims. Trauma man...

LOL I usually play VNs for the story but every now and then I'll dive into these weird nukige titles too...
The last one I've played was this: http://vndb.org/v14934

It's one of those things that are so bad it's good :p

Aug 12, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #123,603 of 177,745

Nice~

According to my MAL...... I have spent ~3% of my entire lifetime on anime alone.

I've only spent 38.15 days, which is less than 0.01% of my lifetime

Aug 12, 2014 at 6:12 AM Post #123,604 of 177,745
I'm disgusted how Touhou is being killed basically Waffen SS style by Kancolle.

It really is disgusting.
The Kancolle girls don't have nearly as much charm as the Touhou ones. The Kancolle ones just feel so....cheap.

I didn't laugh histerically like I used to when I watch this has left me in despair!!!!!!!!!!!

I still laugh after watching it like five times.

SZS is forever! ♥

Aug 12, 2014 at 6:16 AM Post #123,605 of 177,745

Aug 12, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #123,606 of 177,745
Speaking of ratings though, I can't say I can give any anime a 10/10 rating at this point in time. There's always something that bothers me that prevents it from being a masterpiece/perfect.

Yeah. In the end, my MAL 10/10s were just changed when I said "ah, whatever I can give it a 10, I enjoyed it far more than other 9s". I wouldn't give it to anything as a first note.

Aug 12, 2014 at 6:24 AM Post #123,607 of 177,745

Eh...okay! Sure!

Yeah. In the end, my MAL 10/10s were just changed when I said "ah, whatever I can give it a 10, I enjoyed it far more than other 9s". I wouldn't give it to anything as a first note.

+1
There is nothing like the "perfect show" so 10/10 shows are ones that you think are masterpieces.

Yaaaay~
:|

Aug 12, 2014 at 6:29 AM Post #123,608 of 177,745

That's you isn't it?
biggrin.gif

Aug 12, 2014 at 6:31 AM Post #123,609 of 177,745
Oh and just in case you people missed it:

Japanese Indie Festival! ♥
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/japaneseindiefestival

Aug 12, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #123,610 of 177,745

+1

There is nothing like the "perfect show" so 10/10 shows are ones that you think are masterpieces.

[rule]Yaaaay~
:|

Yeah I suppose that's true. This is why I don't like numerical-based rankings because they require some explanation anyway. e.g. I gave Madoka 2/10 because I couldn't get past the first 3 episodes and I found it really cheesy, but I gave Pico x CoCo x Chico 5/10 because at least it was watchable to me and it was an average animation that I probably won't watch again. People will probably think I'm crazy or something but notasinglefukwasgiventhatday.jpg. XD

You can become a tech addict with the change of 1 answer! Step right up, step right up.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/730236/official-survey-what-s-your-personality-profile-take-our-quiz/30#post_10789949
http://www.head-fi.org/t/730236/official-survey-what-s-your-personality-profile-take-our-quiz/30#post_10789737

Aug 12, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #123,611 of 177,745
LOL I figured out the way to become a music addict from a tech addict.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/730236/official-survey-what-s-your-personality-profile-take-our-quiz/30#post_10789949

Bad quiz. At almost every question I was thinking "all of these answers really do not fit me" so I just went what fitted me the most -- even if it was ways off. The end result is just BS. Me, happily spending gazillions to get the best tech gear? You couldn't be more wrong.

When you get a little older you'll start to understand that money spent on 'experiences' isn't so much a waste compared to buying physical goods.

Says the man who spends incredible amounts of money on whisky.
But I know perfectly well what you mean. I stopped spending lots of money on physical goods one or two years ago, when I realized it's mostly in vain. But I absolutely don't mind going with friends to a bar and have a beer, even though bars are expensive.

Nice~

Hmmm, I have 50 days in anime, and 35 days in manga. The manga is a slight overestimation. Takes me approximately 50 minutes to read an average volume, so it's more like 25-30 days. Still, manga has been quickly gaining on my anime. Lately I've been enjoying manga much more than anime.

Aug 12, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #123,612 of 177,745

Though looking back at the shows I rated 10/10 on MAL, except for Space Bros it all doesn't feel like a 10/10 anymore. It did when I watched it, but in my memory how well I enjoyed the show quickly becomes distorted. And Space Bros is a show I gave a 10/10, not because it was a masterpiece in terms of plot or animation or anything, but purely because it was able to keep me entertained every Sunday morning for two full years. If I'd watch it in a marathon it'd be an 8/10 at best.

Aug 12, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #123,613 of 177,745
LOL I usually play VNs for the story but every now and then I'll dive into these weird nukige titles too...
The last one I've played was this: http://vndb.org/v14934

It's one of those things that are so bad it's good :p

I... Played that one before too. :D

I only got to the part where you snuck into the dorm as a dog, then I lost interest.

One of my recent ones :
vndb.org/v14614

Along with Cutie*Bullet

Aug 12, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #123,614 of 177,745

Though looking back at the shows I rated 10/10 on MAL, except for Space Bros it all doesn't feel like a 10/10 anymore. It did when I watched it, but in my memory how well I enjoyed the show quickly becomes distorted. And Space Bros is a show I gave a 10/10, not because it was a masterpiece in terms of plot or animation or anything, but purely because it was able to keep me entertained every Sunday morning for two full years. If I'd watch it in a marathon it'd be an 8/10 at best.

That's part of the reason why I never updated my MAL, if I don't remember the anime very well, it likely wasn't a good anime, or just average, anyway. All of the 9/10-ranked anime I have on my profile are anime that I still remember quite well and had decent animation, story, and music, but had a flaw or two.

Aug 12, 2014 at 6:50 AM Post #123,615 of 177,745
Yeah I suppose that's true. This is why I don't like numerical-based rankings because they require some explanation anyway. e.g. I gave Madoka 2/10 because I couldn't get past the first 3 episodes and I found it really cheesy, but I gave Pico x CoCo x Chico 5/10 because at least it was watchable to me and it was an average animation that I probably won't watch again. People will probably think I'm crazy or something but notasinglefukwasgiventhatday.jpg. XD

You can become a tech addict with the change of 1 answer! Step right up, step right up.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/730236/official-survey-what-s-your-personality-profile-take-our-quiz/30#post_10789737

2/10? Wow. So you rated it purely based on enjoyment? That is something I wouldn't do :|

I'm fine with being a Music Addict, thanks :3
I honestly would not like to be called a Tech Addict...
That is something I have been thinking about for a while now. It appears to me that many many people in this forum only pursue this audio hobby because of the tech aspect. Getting the best gear for your money instead of getting the best gear for your listening preferences. Sure, the whole tech aspect is deeply entwined with the music aspect but still....meh.
I guess thats just how things are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back