「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 6, 2012 at 4:45 AM Post #42,931 of 177,745
Really tried to like the Suara and Nana Mizuki duet but the sound quality was lacking
frown.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 6, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #42,932 of 177,745
Quote:
Balls to you bdawk. This not a music-only thread
tongue.gif

I'm just saying, the thread became "Project H, Loungin', occasionally anime/manga, and never music" for like three months >_>

and because fire was kind enough to share his wondeful wares, I'll post some tunes too.

Dec 6, 2012 at 4:54 AM Post #42,933 of 177,745
Also, so far headphones that are under consideration are the HD600 and HD650 with my mind still tilted towards the 650 because it seems like the sound signature is may be of what I'm looking for. The 600 seems to have better balance through the spectrum and seems like it could actually work well with classical music more so than the 650 but the more colored sound of the 650 is more intriguing at this point. I am also interested in whatever Denon headphone is in the region of my price because the Denon sound seems like it could be what I'm looking for as well. Then again, every time I plugged one into my amp sans the D2000, the Maverick seems to disagree. I think it may be an impedence thing. Then again, I was also in a loud room...idk, I'll look more into it. But yeah, right now the 600 and 650 seem to be where my eyes lay.

Dec 6, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #42,934 of 177,745
A nice discovery while looking for new music to listen to Kana, as you can see, she is an indie artist, recordings may not be stellar but she has a nice voice.

I was watching that Kana video, and I couldn't help but feel that I recognised the place.

So I did some digging in my photos, and yup, I was right. 
tongue.gif
 That's in Shinjuku, I don't think I saw any street performances while I was there. 
frown.gif

It's almost been a year, but the memories are still vivid, I can't wait to go back again.

Dec 6, 2012 at 6:31 AM Post #42,935 of 177,745
Yeah, have to circumvent with VMs for all those crappy windows-only programs. Everything else is mostly covered. And since games aren't my forte (only thing I ever play is UT3 and Eve, both of which either work natively or perfectly on Wine), but at least Steam's out, and there's potential in the future.

What's amazing is how well everything just works out of the box now, especially driver support. I have had less problems installing Mint than installing W7 on a brand new custom box with UEFI, Ivy Bridge, all that pizazz. Can't say I've broken an install in years.

Yeah after i broke it i was like whatever

oh now we postin previous desktops?

Im not sure if i should be proud that i know almost all of them

Here's my Mii on the Wii U: Erikdayo

Feel free to add me if you've also got a Wii U. My Nintendo Network ID is the same. Erikdayo

I made it by referencing Mikudayo. That's why he looks so insane. :)

228374_824725496833_818187007_n.jpg

He looks HILARIOUS!!
My desktop

Accel world :/
I approve! :)

Yay!

Why would you want a tube amp?
What canz are you using now?
lol p0rnz... y pay for it?
You pay your own college fees?

Yeah we have to

Congrats on your newer new custom title bowei!  Couldn't happen to a more panda-er guy!  :smile:

LOL nice.
I don't want my immediate family knowing about my otaku-ness, so animu stays off my desktop that lives in our front room :frowning2:

Same. I just keep ecchi off
Friggin' bio. All nighter here I come. Then I get ~5 hours to study for my stats final. Passing out afterwards and waking up to study nonstop for ochem after. Yay... I miss quarters..

Gambatee!

Everyone knows in my family. I am the purveyor of sorts. Of course it goes without saying that I only show the more socially acceptable ones, anything slightly ecchi I'll never watch before midnight back at home. But I'm not back at home right now so, anything less than hentai is a go before midnight.
------------------
Testing mobile upload.

No more hiding under bed sheets?

For my hobbies, my entire family knows about it, can't really hide it if its all over your room. They object at first but its not like I care. Normal friends always have something to say about it though, they find it somewhat creepy. I couldn't care less though LOL. Eventually if you are with them for long they will just accept who you are. My father came in when I was watching Nanoha Movie 1st transformation scenes on my BDP, you should have seen his reaction, hilarious! Anyways, here are some vids.

No need to thank me =D

Some real music, mayuyu is pretty fail lol but still, bliss

So doing this at future concerts I'm going to.

Thanks, i need to check it out later

Dec 6, 2012 at 6:55 AM Post #42,936 of 177,745

It has more than 15k sales, so it might actually be functional.

Thumbs up for another Arch user. 

I think everyone on the Arch forums looks to be a 1337 h4x0r with their 5 second boots, 10MB kernel, WMs stripped of any functionality, and that inbred elitism so rampant on the forums. You should have stuck to Gentoo, we're all nice there!

I've been meaning to try out Arch for quite some time now. If I can get Minecraft and Foobar2000 to work on there, I'm sold.

I'm wondering how many of you guys here openly show off your anime stuff to your family

quite a touchy subject depending on the person...

I don't show it off, but everyone knows about it. Most people I know are aware of my Japanophilism, and I've never really had negative reactions about it either. Some find it weird, and others don't, but even those that find it weird don't suddenly start acting differently towards me.

Had my equivalent of St. Nicholas today.
What I got was a report bag (which I don't really like, I prefer a gas mask bag I had before but it has a hole that I have to repair by hand)
fe972b49ff496ca2fc662aa0fd494c47.jpg
(one like that)
and 2 16GB SD cards...
I don't have where to use (except for my tablet, but I already have a 32GB there) and asked my mother for 2 microSD ones. She even called me from the store where she was about to buy me 2 pendrives because she didn't exactly understand what I was saying... Eww...

Nice!

My personal loot is the following:
- Some candy
- 6 lined A4 notebooks
- A pot of black Parker ink
- The first volume of Spice and Wolf.

Don't know what I'm gonna do with the latter. I personally don't like reading novels; the entire medium just seems to bore me for some reason.

For my hobbies, my entire family knows about it, can't really hide it if its all over your room. They object at first but its not like I care. Normal friends always have something to say about it though, they find it somewhat creepy. I couldn't care less though LOL. Eventually if you are with them for long they will just accept who you are. My father came in when I was watching Nanoha Movie 1st transformation scenes on my BDP, you should have seen his reaction, hilarious! Anyways, here are some vids.

This.

Except in my case I haven't really met anyone who finds it creepy.

Maybe that's thanks to the fact that all of the people I know that aren't into anime themselves, all study either mathematics or physics. And trust me, >90% of the people studying that are nerds themselves, so they can understand having hobbies like that very well, even if they don't do anything with it themselves.

Dec 6, 2012 at 8:06 AM Post #42,937 of 177,745
No more hiding under bed sheets?

Why? There's no need for it. I'm intelligent enough not to watch ecchi in front of everyone, and besides, with my very anal anime choices nowadays, there's no problem of that currently. I'm also hating on the too diabetic direction anime seems to be taking right now, the over-glazed, over-sweetened feel-good-time-for-lonely-otaku anime(**), so there's no way of me being accused of being some sort of pedophile, so there's nothing 'wrong' to hide from the fams. I'm all clean for all intents and purposes, until midnight descends.

This.

Maybe that's thanks to the fact that all of the people I know that aren't into anime themselves, all study either mathematics or physics. And trust me, >90% of the people studying that are nerds themselves, so they can understand having hobbies like that very well, even if they don't do anything with it themselves.

Well in my case, I already have friends that watch anime pretty avidly like me, and some of my siblings already watch it too, so there's not much weirdness anymore. IMO you guys are the ones that needs to stop treating it like some taboo and just show it openly, where appropriate. Of course being candyfloss panda, that's impossible since he watch a lot of (**).

Dec 6, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #42,938 of 177,745
Quote:
Why? There's no need for it. I'm intelligent enough not to watch ecchi in front of everyone, and besides, with my very anal anime choices nowadays, there's no problem of that currently. I'm also hating on the too diabetic direction anime seems to be taking right now, the over-glazed, over-sweetened feel-good-time-for-lonely-otaku anime(**), so there's no way of me being accused of being some sort of pedophile, so there's nothing 'wrong' to hide from the fams. I'm all clean for all intents and purposes, until midnight descends.
Well in my case, I already have friends that watch anime pretty avidly like me, and some of my siblings already watch it too, so there's not much weirdness anymore. IMO you guys are the ones that needs to stop treating it like some taboo and just show it openly, where appropriate. Of course being candyfloss panda, that's impossible since he watch a lot of (**).

I really hate this notion that anime seems to be going in some overly moe driven path to the extent that it's dying or something...seriously, anime has always had a lot of those shows. I will admit, presence of the slice of life genre has gotten bigger but still, the number of anime I can consider non-moe is still pretty good. Every season (sans the particularly poor ones), I am of the opinion that those people who go around complaining have at least 3 anime they can watch that aren't diabetes laden lol. Now I'm not really getting on you jgray, it just frustrates me when people go around talking like there are no good anime nowadays and those very people not only have an extremely limited view on anime and its genres but ignore the ones that fit into what they want. Now the actual quality of those shows can be subjective but overall, generally speaking from a critical standpoint, there are still loads of good shows around that don't involve half assed romcom ecchi moemoe kyun tactics.

And don't get me started with the ones who clutter anything that isn't an action show into one big pile of "moe trash". There is no helping those folks.

Dec 6, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #42,939 of 177,745
Every time I download a torrent that has the famous 'Torrent downloaded from Demonoid.txt' in it, I cry a little. :frowning2:

Edit:

LOL, double post, even though I clicked submit only once.

Dec 6, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #42,942 of 177,745
Quote:

I really hate this notion that anime seems to be going in some overly moe driven path to the extent that it's dying or something...seriously, anime has always had a lot of those shows. I will admit, presence of the slice of life genre has gotten bigger but still, the number of anime I can consider non-moe is still pretty good. Every season (sans the particularly poor ones), I am of the opinion that those people who go around complaining have at least 3 anime they can watch that aren't diabetes laden lol. Now I'm not really getting on you jgray, it just frustrates me when people go around talking like there are no good anime nowadays and those very people not only have an extremely limited view on anime and its genres but ignore the ones that fit into what they want. Now the actual quality of those shows can be subjective but overall, generally speaking from a critical standpoint, there are still loads of good shows around that don't involve half assed romcom ecchi moemoe kyun tactics.

And don't get me started with the ones who clutter anything that isn't an action show into one big pile of "moe trash". There is no helping those folks.

who says slice of life has to be moe lol, recently we had Dansei Koukousei no Nichijou etc.

Dec 6, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #42,943 of 177,745
Quote:
Really tried to like the Suara and Nana Mizuki duet but the sound quality was lacking
frown.gif

There are times where I say heck with the quality! Just enjoy the music :) Suara and Nana Mizuki together are simply brilliant. I heard Suara live before and really, the true skill of a veteran really shows when she sings. I'm also lucky that Aquaplus really cares about the SQ of its music as well which is the reason why her voice on CD(and SACD) is pretty awesome. They did not really do a good job with recording her live concerts though >_>
Quote:

I'm just saying, the thread became "Project H, Loungin', occasionally anime/manga, and never music" for like three months >_>

and because fire was kind enough to share his wondeful wares, I'll post some tunes too.

EDIT: My pleasure!
Quote:
Also, so far headphones that are under consideration are the HD600 and HD650 with my mind still tilted towards the 650 because it seems like the sound signature is may be of what I'm looking for. The 600 seems to have better balance through the spectrum and seems like it could actually work well with classical music more so than the 650 but the more colored sound of the 650 is more intriguing at this point. I am also interested in whatever Denon headphone is in the region of my price because the Denon sound seems like it could be what I'm looking for as well. Then again, every time I plugged one into my amp sans the D2000, the Maverick seems to disagree. I think it may be an impedence thing. Then again, I was also in a loud room...idk, I'll look more into it. But yeah, right now the 600 and 650 seem to be where my eyes lay.

I think I like the tonal balance of the HD600 more but the HD650 is supposedly smoother on the top end and EQ these days are pretty good so I think I might go for the 650 if I went for either two. Sadly I'm saving for a paradox and also saving for Suara's Fostex TH900.

Quote:

Awesome guys you have around there! It took time. In my first year of school(now I'm in my 3rd) my current female friends surfed through my Lenfried collection on my iphone, it was darn funny  now we are pretty close friends LOL 

Quote:

While I'm certainly not as "saintly" as yourself, I feel its all about being open with your likes and dislikes. As long its not way too extreme they will accept you for who you are. 

And nice custom title there bowei!

On another note, anyone looking forward to seeing the Augmented Reality for the new nendoroids?

Dec 6, 2012 at 9:26 AM Post #42,944 of 177,745

Yeah, my friend moved from studying law to computer science (yes, strange, I know) and said that there whenever he read manga most of the people likie "What kiddie/pedo/whatever".
Now it's "I heaven't heard of this one" at worst. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back