「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 6, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #42,917 of 177,750
I'm wondering how many of you guys here openly show off your anime stuff to your family

quite a touchy subject depending on the person...

Hmm, well everyone that lives in our house knows (derp).
My mom's fine with it, and my grandpa doesn't really have an opinion. Other than jpop being "a little different" from his 50s/country music...
Outside of that direct family, nobody else knows. I'm sure my very religious ants would think anime is the Antichrist, my hentai uncle... Well I'm not sure how he'd react, but I wouldn't wanna see it, my other uncle might be cool with it, heck he might even watch anime too...
As for other people in the family, I'd rather not see their reaction either...
I'm just going to leave this here...
d0df08ebdfda01ae5b7370ed4030d81e.jpg

Dec 6, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #42,918 of 177,750
Friggin' bio. All nighter here I come. Then I get ~5 hours to study for my stats final. Passing out afterwards and waking up to study nonstop for ochem after. Yay... I miss quarters..

Dec 6, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #42,919 of 177,750
I'm wondering how many of you guys here openly show off your anime stuff to your family

Everyone knows in my family. I am the purveyor of sorts. Of course it goes without saying that I only show the more socially acceptable ones, anything slightly ecchi I'll never watch before midnight back at home. But I'm not back at home right now so, anything less than hentai is a go before midnight.
------------------
Testing mobile upload.

Dec 6, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #42,920 of 177,750
Quote:

Not me. I do have a friend who I thought was not an anime watcher. Turns out he loves IS and spent ~$100 to import a Laura figma, and openly displays it at home. He also has a IS folder of pictures numbering around 2000 pictures in his phone. Then again, he is otherwise vastly more well-adjusted than I am in every other way. Personally, I would rather not.

Off topic, but: just turned on the speaker rig to listen to some supercell. Apparently in 'Feel so good', the opening section does not just sound like Jamiroquai's Virtual Insanity. I swear, it samples Virtual Insanity. Turning it up a bit, I swear I heard Jay Kay's voice buried deep, deep inside the mix. Or I am delusional. Now, I only need a good source for the speaker rig.

EDIT: Its a rap. not sure who is rapping it though. I stand corrected regarding my comments above.

Dec 6, 2012 at 3:19 AM Post #42,921 of 177,750
Had my equivalent of St. Nicholas today.
What I got was a report bag (which I don't really like, I prefer a gas mask bag I had before but it has a hole that I have to repair by hand)
fe972b49ff496ca2fc662aa0fd494c47.jpg
(one like that)
and 2 16GB SD cards...
I don't have where to use (except for my tablet, but I already have a 32GB there) and asked my mother for 2 microSD ones. She even called me from the store where she was about to buy me 2 pendrives because she didn't exactly understand what I was saying... Eww...

Dec 6, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #42,922 of 177,750
Quote:
LOL nice.
I don't want my immediate family knowing about my otaku-ness, so animu stays off my desktop that lives in our front room :frowning2:

I try to keep just how much I'm into it away from my whole family but some of them have an idea or know to an extent. Being a second generation anime fan, my dad actually is the person who got me into it with Sci-fi channel saturday anime back in the mid 90s and videos he'd buy. Then me and my sisters would watch things like sailor moon and DBZ as well. My cousin was into anime as well so we'd watch DBZ and stuff too. I'd still seen my fair share of anime from videos and stuff my dad would show me until Toonami came along. Once it started airing more anime I started to get into it myself and then around 2000 or 2001 I went around looking for sailor moon episodes and movies and I discovered IRC and Sailormooncenter as well as a few other things and at that point, I got into anime a lot more on my own. My little sister still likes anime, rpg games, and things like that and she is also a pretty avid K-Pop listener as I often hear it when I'm walking around the house. My cousin now will ask me for new anime once in a blue moon. He is more of a shounen fan and likes stuff like Baki the Grappler, Gintama, and such. I think the last thing I told him to watch was Black Lagoon and he loved it. My dad might talk about some random anime movie or something he saw on the net once in awhile but I don't get along with him much soooo....<_<

Quote:

Open? Nope, power level is hidden at all times. But as I said above, some of my family knows pretty well.

Quote:
Everyone knows in my family. I am the purveyor of sorts. Of course it goes without saying that I only show the more socially acceptable ones, anything slightly ecchi I'll never watch before midnight back at home. But I'm not back at home right now so, anything less than hentai is a go before midnight.
Testing mobile upload.

LOL I don't watch ANY anime around my family. **** stays on the low.

Dec 6, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #42,923 of 177,750
For my hobbies, my entire family knows about it, can't really hide it if its all over your room. They object at first but its not like I care. Normal friends always have something to say about it though, they find it somewhat creepy. I couldn't care less though LOL. Eventually if you are with them for long they will just accept who you are. My father came in when I was watching Nanoha Movie 1st transformation scenes on my BDP, you should have seen his reaction, hilarious! Anyways, here are some vids.

No need to thank me =D

Some real music, mayuyu is pretty fail lol but still, bliss

So doing this at future concerts I'm going to.

Dec 6, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #42,924 of 177,750
My dad saw me watching some sci fi anime last summer. Asked me about it, and i answered, to certain degree of similarity: it's like tv shows and movies, there are star treks, star wars and lord of the rings in anime and i just like anime more then live action. He seems satisfied.

Edit: spelling

Dec 6, 2012 at 3:42 AM Post #42,925 of 177,750
good for you jgray, got pops to be ok with it.

YAY for firev1. Finally someone actually posts music here >_>

Dec 6, 2012 at 4:01 AM Post #42,927 of 177,750
More music? Sure, 

A nice discovery while looking for new music to listen to Kana, as you can see, she is an indie artist, recordings may not be stellar but she has a nice voice.

Recently out by TAM, very engaging to listen to, feels pretty grand lol

A personal favourite where my top 2 favourite singers, Suara and Nana Mizuki perform a duet :D Very very high level stuff there.

Speaking of balls,

Dec 6, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #42,928 of 177,750
Back in ye ol' day, I had to go to the video store to rent anime, because broadband was still quite new in Australia, and we didn't have it yet. 

I remember having dial-up internet up until abouuut 2003 or so. 
tongue.gif

It took fifteen minutes to download an mp3!

Dec 6, 2012 at 4:38 AM Post #42,930 of 177,750
Quote:
Lol I'd believe it... Don't you also think it has to do with the distortion as well though?
Seeing glowing tubes sounds like fun :)
I like the HD600 sound for the most part, but I get the feeling I'm missing a bit of detail in the treble region... (and lacking sub bass)

You could get a transparent SS amp and add the tube distortions via software, but where's the fun in that?
wink.gif

I remember you were interested in the Somics... according to Boris they have more subbass than his hd600 and according to me, the highs on these things are very lively indeed.  Also one of the smoothest I've heard in their unmodded state.  Right now I've taped the vents inside to get more subbass and padded the pads with tissue to prevent them the inside from touching my ears.  Only complaint I have now is they now clamp too tight on my XL noggin, so I'm giving them stretching exercises every day
tongue.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back