「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 3, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #1,936 of 177,745
I never said AMD support will make issues go away. I just said I couldn't instal Mac OSX on my desktop because it had an AMD processor and many non compatible parts

I sometimes wonder if you even know what you're talking about. It isn't XP's fault the screen res is small, it's the fact that your school has crappy monitors like mine.

??? I know it's the screen resolution. I was talking about it all in general. I try to take the better monitors that have been set properly. The max at my school is 1280x800 and that's only on some montiors. Most are 1024x800 and some even less.

I was annoyed at the computers in the school, not XP. I know it sounded counfusing, I wasn't using properly English then and didn't formulate my words well. 

Anyway. Just saw Gladiator(2000) great movie :) I wished 

they should have had a heoric scene at the end where Maximum (Russel Crow) did get his legion back and did the coup.

B-Dawk..still reading Nozoki Ana..it's gotten boring :/

Mar 3, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #1,937 of 177,745

Quote:
I never said AMD support will make issues go away. I just said I couldn't instal Mac OSX on my desktop because it had an AMD processor and many non compatible parts

??? I know it's the screen resolution. I was talking about it all in general. I try to take the better monitors that have been set properly. The max at my school is 1280x800 and that's only on some montiors. Most are 1024x800 and some even less.

I was annoyed at the computers in the school, not XP. I know it sounded counfusing, I wasn't using properly English then and didn't formulate my words well. 

Anyway. Just saw Gladiator(2000) great movie :) I wished 

they should have had a heoric scene at the end where Maximum (Russel Crow) did get his legion back and did the coup.

B-Dawk..still reading Nozoki Ana..it's gotten boring :/

I didn't say that. You sound like you're saying AMD doesn't make quality products so not adding AMD support will promote people to buy quality products (Intel).

Then make a smooth transition from XP to monitors. Don't jump like that. It makes it seem like you're talking about XP having res caps or something. At least you know you're not using English to a correct degree.

Mar 3, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #1,938 of 177,745

Quote:

I didn't say that. You sound like you're saying AMD doesn't make quality products so not adding AMD support will promote people to buy quality products (Intel).

Then make a smooth transition from XP to monitors. Don't jump like that. It makes it seem like you're talking about XP having res caps or something. At least you know you're not using English to a correct degree.

?? Did it seem like I said that? I need to read over my posts more, but no I didn't mean that. I like AMD very much. Intel and Nvidia as well. There might have been one sentence that went wrong but my only thought was when you asked about why my desktop wasn't running Mac OSX was that Apple's OS (and probably boot up EFI) does not accept AMD and other types of equipment so I wasn't able to do it. I then went on to say that Apple does this select hardware thing to maintain quality. This is where I probably went oozey. The CPU is not what I am talking about, Apple never had a reason to go with AMD(they currently now do, some say Fusion APU is possible soon) and thus it wasn't supported. AND THEN on a differnt subject that they do these part selections so you don't get some low quality part. It's just a standard. Sometimes, it's good as you can maintain that all your computers are using at least the same thing. But other times, it isn't as it puts you into someon'e hands(Apple's) since you will either need to buy from them or need to know how to do it yourself(most don't) I use both, I am an Apple Fanboi and a PC gamer and enthusiast so it's easy to see all of this.  
gs1000.gif

Haha, yeah once I re read it I realized where I went wrong, my jump was a word or two with no inference on my changing subject or anything.  This now reminds me of this:
http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/25/dell-posts-inaccurate-graphics-card-comparison-promptly-removes/
Hahah :) yeah umm sir, your images and video's don't look good that were taken from your 10 year old nokia camera phone, because..of your computer's graphics card. You see, there is this graphics card, the better it is, the better your video's will look. Your current card is limiting this. The upgrade is only $100 from the standard chip and it will make it look amazing.

biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #1,939 of 177,745

Quote:
?? Did it seem like I said that? I need to read over my posts more, but no I didn't mean that. I like AMD very much. Intel and Nvidia as well. There might have been one sentence that went wrong but my only thought was when you asked about why my desktop wasn't running Mac OSX was that Apple's OS (and probably boot up EFI) does not accept AMD and other types of equipment so I wasn't able to do it. I then went on to say that Apple does this select hardware thing to maintain quality. This is where I probably went oozey. The CPU is not what I am talking about, Apple never had a reason to go with AMD(they currently now do, some say Fusion APU is possible soon) and thus it wasn't supported. AND THEN on a differnt subject that they do these part selections so you don't get some low quality part. It's just a standard. Sometimes, it's good as you can maintain that all your computers are using at least the same thing. But other times, it isn't as it puts you into someon'e hands(Apple's) since you will either need to buy from them or need to know how to do it yourself(most don't) I use both, I am an Apple Fanboi and a PC gamer and enthusiast so it's easy to see all of this.  
gs1000.gif

Haha, yeah once I re read it I realized where I went wrong, my jump was a word or two with no inference on my changing subject or anything.  This now reminds me of this:
http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/25/dell-posts-inaccurate-graphics-card-comparison-promptly-removes/
Hahah :) yeah umm sir, your images and video's don't look good that were taken from your 10 year old nokia camera phone, because..of your computer's graphics card. You see, there is this graphics card, the better it is, the better your video's will look. Your current card is limiting this. The upgrade is only $100 from the standard chip and it will make it look amazing.

biggrin.gif

Yeah, probably. At least that's what it seemed like to me. Don't trust me all the time because, as you know, I have horrible interpretation skills.

But it's not the best, which is when you look at other companies like Asus and Lenovo.

Lol, I remember that being in the news on OCN awhile ago.

Mar 3, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #1,940 of 177,745

Quote:
Yeah, probably. At least that's what it seemed like to me. Don't trust me all the time because, as you know, I have horrible interpretation skills.

But it's not the best, which is when you look at other companies like Asus and Lenovo.

Lol, I remember that being in the news on OCN awhile ago.

I don't remember, but I guess you do sometimes. One could infer that I knew what I was talking about. But hey, we are talking about the SAT's and their stupid interpretation skills here. I got top 3% in reading..but regular 50%(general) for writing. You can tell.

Apple's not the best? Of course not. I wouldn't really say any company is the "BEST", each has many pro's and con's. I have a problem with Lenovo, their ...bulky computers never got to me :/ sure good quality mostly but still... My top fav companies in order:Apple,ASUS,Samsung so yeah. ASUS is there. not a owner of ROG. but one day hopefully 
gs1000.gif
 I do have the ASUS VH236H though :) 

yeah it was on reddit and..everywhere. when i first saw it..i just sat there for minutes....... i could half see where they got that. a better high end GPU, with more instruction sets and acceleration programs/procedures written in could decode video's better and encode/convert video's faster (like ATi Stream or AMD parralel ..something)  which is what made me a bit well. i see how they kinda might have gotten here..but it would have taken a total new noob at Dell to put that on

Reminds me of Monster Cables. they look better in stores because the agents there adjust the brightness and satuartion higher. and calls that the difference. one could easily see how a agent could set two computers, one with on mobo intergrated GPU and another with a dedicated PCIE GPU and set the intergrated's to 16bit color and a lower awkward looking screen resolution and the dedicated gpu computer with the same monitor to regular 32bit color and as high as teh monitor can go at it's designated refresh rate.

Mar 3, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #1,942 of 177,745

Quote:
I don't remember, but I guess you do sometimes. One could infer that I knew what I was talking about. But hey, we are talking about the SAT's and their stupid interpretation skills here. I got top 3% in reading..but regular 50%(general) for writing. You can tell.

Apple's not the best? Of course not. I wouldn't really say any company is the "BEST", each has many pro's and con's. I have a problem with Lenovo, their ...bulky computers never got to me :/ sure good quality mostly but still... My top fav companies in order:Apple,ASUS,Samsung so yeah. ASUS is there. not a owner of ROG. but one day hopefully 
gs1000.gif
 I do have the ASUS VH236H though :) 

yeah it was on reddit and..everywhere. when i first saw it..i just sat there for minutes....... i could half see where they got that. a better high end GPU, with more instruction sets and acceleration programs/procedures written in could decode video's better and encode/convert video's faster (like ATi Stream or AMD parralel ..something)  which is what made me a bit well. i see how they kinda might have gotten here..but it would have taken a total new noob at Dell to put that on

Reminds me of Monster Cables. they look better in stores because the agents there adjust the brightness and satuartion higher. and calls that the difference. one could easily see how a agent could set two computers, one with on mobo intergrated GPU and another with a dedicated PCIE GPU and set the intergrated's to 16bit color and a lower awkward looking screen resolution and the dedicated gpu computer with the same monitor to regular 32bit color and as high as teh monitor can go at it's designated refresh rate.

Oh wow.

Bulky? I think you're thinking of the W series desktop replacements. I don't like their T420 keys though and the inside. The inside is so slippery. Same goes for the keys. It's so annoying to use.

Let's see, Asus, Samsung...I don't know. I never really bothered to order them.

You could just use the term parallel computing but okay. NVIDIA calls it CUDA.

Edit: hm...iunno. I should get a new one on here and OCN, although a lot of people find multilockon.gif very amusing. I actually got quite some rep for it (and acknowledgement). There were a couple people with it on OCN. Which reminds me, how come the huddler platform here doesn't support GIF animations for the avatar but OCN does? I thought it became standard.

Mar 3, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #1,943 of 177,745

Quote:
Oh wow.

Bulky? I think you're thinking of the W series desktop replacements. I don't like their T420 keys though and the inside. The inside is so slippery. Same goes for the keys. It's so annoying to use.

Let's see, Asus, Samsung...I don't know. I never really bothered to order them.

You could just use the term parallel computing but okay. NVIDIA calls it CUDA.

Edit: hm...iunno. I should get a new one on here and OCN, although a lot of people find multilockon.gif very amusing. I actually got quite some rep for it (and acknowledgement). There were a couple people with it on OCN. Which reminds me, how come the huddler platform here doesn't support GIF animations for the avatar but OCN does? I thought it became standard.

I meant bulky as in look. Sorry my mistake again >_< they look like old geek boxes..usually

I love ASUS and Samsung. I know Samsung....pulls....many many strings though. but that still can't stop me from liking them

I know i know. After AMD killed the Ati brand name, Ati Stream which was an instruction or accelarator was thrown out and some new.....very long name was thrown in with AMD's name on it, i was trying to name what it was called, anyway. most programs don't bother with that and just call it AMD Stream.

pick a avatar!!! ahhhh!! they probably just disabled .gif support or am using a later version. anyway..avatar!!!

Mar 3, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #1,944 of 177,745
Does anyone watch Japanese live action television dramas? I have an uncoming project I need to do, and I'd like to translate something. Since I don't want to be too typical, I'd like to do an episode or two of a drama instead of a movie or anime. If there's any you've watched and enjoyed, suggest away.

Mar 4, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #1,945 of 177,745
OMG guys, 59 posts in the single day i was offline...
so... what are we talking about now?

I seriously need a more efficient storage method. Recently I have come to realize that no matter how much I upgrade my laptop storage, it will just get used up in a few months and HDD prices are still quite high. Currently I have 1.5TB (2x 750GB) internal storage in my laptop and its backed up hourly on to my external 2TB HDD using "Time Machine".

As you can see, I don't have much space left. 
Any suggestions on how I should upgrade my system next?
I perfer to have all of my data backed up.

Mar 4, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #1,946 of 177,745
By the way, Head Injury. About the argument from a while back, I have read about the O2 Amp and most of NwAvGuy's blog and contacted him personally.
I have also conducted multiple blind listening tests to test the arguments mentioned in NwAvGuy's blog.
(I will not go into detail with the tests to avoid being banned from Head-Fi, but they proved NwAvGuy was right.)
I now openly apologize to anyone whom I may have offended previously and take everything back. 
The O2 is indeed one of the best amps in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back