「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 4, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #1,954 of 177,750
>laptop
Why are you even bothering with data redundancy on a laptop? That is hardly what I'd call a stable or safe storage design in the first place, and you want to make it redundant?

In that case, your best solution is off-site data storage. Do something like, I don't know... get an external bay and load it up with HDDs and do a poor man's RAID on that.

-- Griffinhart

Mar 4, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #1,955 of 177,750
Well no, i don't have data redundancy on my laptop. I Currently have 2x 750GB HDDs in my laptop and i use them as they are (no RAID) and i have a External 2TB HDD which I use backup the data in my laptop to. The backup program i used is apple's "Time machine" and it basically clones the HDDs on my laptop to the External Drive. 

Mar 4, 2012 at 3:49 AM Post #1,957 of 177,750
I was planning the second option but money IS a problem.

The third, I'm already using and its in my friend's home since he has 1Gbit network bandwidth and network fibers that goes directly into his apartment. But the max transfer speed from my home is only about 3.5 Mbyte per sec and thats a bit slow for large amounts of data.

Mar 4, 2012 at 8:58 AM Post #1,958 of 177,750
@headinjury
Sorry dont do live action 8i cant get into them

@b1o
Hahha we move fast, u have the O2?

@jgray
Ranting again? I promise ill write correct hen i get home. Im on mobile

Ahhhhh spice and woolf ! Lived that show! Jun fukuyama was great. I dislike open endings, whish we got a more definite end >_<

Mar 4, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #1,960 of 177,750
No more ranting, I have my sleep now. In the event of no sleep, expect more ranting. 

And I really want a AD900 it seems. But even in ebay they are expensive relative to their age. They still sell it above $200, which is ridunkulous. Maybe I can check Amazon again if they can ship to Russia. Last I check they don't for consumer electronics.

Mar 4, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #1,963 of 177,750
This will sound, crazy, drunk or placebo... but here goes I guess (I consider this as a personal coven that has people who like anime and manga, so this is why I will always post off topic stuff).

So really now, I just increased the size of the holes I cut on my portapros earpads from 1.9 cm (0.7") to 2.4 cm (0.9") and I think I made them even more V shape than before... Now I like the more improved bass impact without the flabbiness, and better highs (as far as I can hear for now) but somehow the vocals seems to be more recessed. Now I slightly hate it a bit.. At least this shows me that I like mids/vocals more than highs and bass (I like more highs than bass though, at least tight, controlled bass is the kind I like).

Here is my still ongoing Portapro impressions for cross reference.

I'm thinking of making a blog about all this though. Well at least until I have my main headphones. What do you think?

Mar 4, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #1,964 of 177,750

Quote:
This will sound, crazy, drunk or placebo... but here goes I guess (I consider this as a personal coven that has people who like anime and manga, so this is why I will always post off topic stuff).

So really now, I just increased the size of the holes I cut on my portapros earpads from 1.9 cm (0.7") to 2.4 cm (0.9") and I think I made them even more V shape than before... Now I like the more improved bass impact without the flabbiness, and better highs (as far as I can hear for now) but somehow the vocals seems to be more recessed. Now I slightly hate it a bit.. At least this shows me that I like mids/vocals more than highs and bass (I like more highs than bass though, at least tight, controlled bass is the kind I like).

Here is my still ongoing Portapro impressions for cross reference.

I'm thinking of making a blog about all this though. Well at least until I have my main headphones. What do you think?

Sure why not? Only thing is, you need pictures. Good pictures of what you are doing. I'm sitting here thinking about what exactly you are thinking. Keep in mind that most people do not have a 100% 360 degree view of what the porta pro's look like. That's me right there, I know the general shape and all, but don't know the driver sizes, earpads, bands and what not.

ok im bored. i want some manga suggestions again

Mar 4, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #1,965 of 177,750

Quote:
Gotta love physics
smily_headphones1.gif

Anybody wonder.... What is going on with aquarion? U get like 7min of the main characters and what nt and then 8 year old gattai battles

Maybe you'd understand it more if you had, y'know, watched Sousei no Aquarion.

-- Griffinhart

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back