- 84 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: hk
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best Location in Tokyo to buy 2nd hand or discounted Headphones / Earphones / portable DAC/AMP?` Last post on 11/17/12 at 10:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Clas or fostex ? Last post on 9/12/12 at 3:34am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Recommendation for a good portable dac to go with my amp? Last post on 6/15/12 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Would like Amp help please! Recomendations? Last post on 6/10/12 at 12:02am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/6/16
For larger (1200x800) images, simply click any photoINTRODUCTIONAhhh – the portable amplifier – one of the audio enthusiast's more misunderstood tools / assets. For the beginner, there...
Preamble: I have already reviewed some of 1MORE’s and Xiaomi’s audio products in the past and all of them offered a great sound experience for their very reasonable price point. The...
I love the openness and light weight of earbuds, unfortunately those earbuds I tried such as OMX95, MX375, were lack of bass and musicality. Then I found Fiio EM3 is under $10 and got good review,...
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
xDuoo - new company making interesting portable DAC and amp units - Page 5post #61 of 953/21/13 at 12:29amWt it sound like and bulit up quality compare to ttvj slim , headstage, jds lab c5
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #62 of 953/21/13 at 12:29ampost #63 of 953/21/13 at 12:29ampost #64 of 953/21/13 at 12:55am
I can't compare as dont have them(although I will get a c5 soon) but the xduuo is a
DAC and amp and the headstage and C5 are just amps so they are completely different products. If you just want a amp then with this you'll be paying or the DaC as well. If you need the DAC then the others ain't no good for you.post #65 of 953/28/13 at 12:45am
I live in the U.S. Does anyone know how I can get these? Jaben in Malaysia says they don't ship to the the States and gave me Jaben Singapore's link. However, Jaben Singapore doesn't carry the xDuoo.post #66 of 953/28/13 at 6:52amThread StarterQuote:
Proprietor Stephen Guo has his contact info on there. He hasn't added the xDuoo stuff to the site yet, but he is the distributor for the USA and can get you all set up.post #67 of 953/28/13 at 11:15ampost #68 of 954/2/13 at 6:59pm
does anyone can advise where I can order online XD-01 to be shipped to Europe. Contacted Jaben in Malaysia but they didn't reply at all.
Or anyone could help me with purchase?post #69 of 954/3/13 at 12:36amQuote:
I believe alanywm got his xDuoo from Jaben Singapore. You might want to PM him for more details.post #70 of 954/3/13 at 10:19ampost #71 of 954/3/13 at 10:21ampost #72 of 954/4/13 at 10:39pmpost #73 of 954/4/13 at 11:03pmpost #74 of 954/4/13 at 11:10pmi think english language support will most definately be there, even im on the lookout for those players also the xp1 .. just need some reviews before i jump, or take the safe road with the fiio x3/ hisound nova 1post #75 of 954/4/13 at 11:26pm
I have listened to both the XD-01 and X1, xDuoo sent both of them to me for review purpose. Also having Hisound N1 in hand now.
Full review should be posted up soon, but I will share some of the impression at here.
First of all, those who think XD-01 will be a miracle might get disappointed. For sound quality purpose I will not recommended this over Audinst HUD-mx2, O2/ODAC and iFi iDAC. In my honest opinion.
XD-01 has some very powerful driving capability for such a small box, and it is wisely build, solid and tough, mechanism seems nicely done. I turning the volume to less than 9 O'clock (Low gain Mode) will give me good listening volume already (Tested with Thinksound MS01, Perfect Sound S101, Shure Se425, Klipsch S4II and X7i), however the soundstage is quite narrow with some mediorce bass response. The only thing that seemed can keep up with the competitor is the vocal performance, but others than that, not worth for a serious thought especially when you do not need the extra features of it. However, I don't have chance to test the UA-05, which seemed promising at the moment. UA-05 should be a better competitor for ODAC/O2, iDAC and the MX2.
X1 is a good music player, which do emphasize lower region, midrange and treble seems reasonable good especially considering the price, I will say X1 is better than lets say the similar Hippo Biscuit, which often sounded dry and lacking bass body.
N1 however is a different sound tuning music player as X1, is a good and beautiful player that has small but enough for IEM driving power (Hisound told me N1 specifically made for IEM), and a gentle sound. I played some soulful and touching love songs with N1, it makes me feel like wanna cry, however, I can't scan Wav files in my N1, this is really strange.
- xDuoo - new company making interesting portable DAC and amp units
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Band Name Game II 7 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 55 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › looking for earbuds, earphones that suits listening to... 3 minutes ago
- › Some Impressions of the Swan M50W 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 4 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 5 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear