Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Android phones and USB DACs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Android phones and USB DACs - Page 116

post #1726 of 5920
Edit
Edited by jblparisi - 2/15/13 at 9:34pm
post #1727 of 5920
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBa View Post


stock Samsung Galaxy S III > digital USB audio out >> USB OTG cable (micro-A plug inserted into the S III) >> standard USB DAC >> amp >> headphones

What is 'digital USB audio out'?

Also, will the USB/DAC still work if I root my AT&T S3 and flash a custom ROM?
If so, which ROMs will this work with?
Thanks!
Edited by akong - 2/16/13 at 11:56am
post #1728 of 5920
Quote:
Originally Posted by akong View Post

What is 'digital USB audio out'?

Also, will the USB/DAC still work if I root my S3 and flash a custom ROM?
If so, which ROMs will this work with?
Thanks!
Depend which rom you are using if they have a custom kernel ..
post #1729 of 5920
Quote:
Originally Posted by meiaen View Post



Depend which rom you are using if they have a custom kernel ..

Right. So which custom kernels would work? I'm on an AT&T S3. 

post #1730 of 5920

it works on stock you know that!

post #1731 of 5920
Lol yeah, I know, stock's just ugly as hell :P
post #1732 of 5920
Quote:
Originally Posted by akong View Post

Lol yeah, I know, stock's just ugly as hell :P
Stock is alright you cant tweak it but still fast depending on what rom ur using and im actually not familiar on s3
post #1733 of 5920

I'm considering getting a GO-DAP X from Venturecraft, but wondering if there are any good ways of attaching it to the phone without inhibiting access to the home, back and menu keys on the samsung galaxy SIII?

post #1734 of 5920
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerodrew View Post

I'm considering getting a GO-DAP X from Venturecraft, but wondering if there are any good ways of attaching it to the phone without inhibiting access to the home, back and menu keys on the samsung galaxy SIII?

3M Grip tape. The Apex Glacier comes with it and it works quite well.
post #1735 of 5920
I need to make an amendment lol.
The fiio e17 DOES work with the Sony tablet s1.
I tried using an adaptor that wasn't an otg.

So I have found both the S1 and the Archos G9 > usb recorder pro > fiio e17 works just fine smily_headphones1.gif
post #1736 of 5920

Sony Xperia Z & USB audio:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/07/sony-xperia-z-hands-on-ces-2013/

 

Xperia Z > digital USB audio out >> FiiO E17 USB DAC/amp >> headphones

 

 

post #1737 of 5920
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Graham View Post

I need to make an amendment lol.
The fiio e17 DOES work with the Sony tablet s1.
I tried using an adaptor that wasn't an otg.

So I have found both the S1 and the Archos G9 > usb recorder pro > fiio e17 works just fine smily_headphones1.gif

 

My G9 didn't require the USB Audio Recorder app to work with my E17.

post #1738 of 5920

Just updated my original Galaxy Note (N7000) to the official Jellybean rom that's just been relesed. Doesn't support USB audio mad.gif

 

USB Audio Recorder doesn't work either.


Edited by Nixon - 2/18/13 at 4:29pm
post #1739 of 5920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theogenes View Post

I just checked out that listing, and I don't see anything saying it's an OTG cable, so I'm not sure that will work for an external DAC. Naturally, I'm open to being corrected on this, but even in looking at the picture, it looks like the micro-USB plug has all the pins present, and I think the OTG cable is missing one of the plugs. 

But hey, if it ends up working, who cares what I think? tongue.gif

The supplier of this cable said they have no idea what OTG cable is, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
post #1740 of 5920

I bought the droid dna but I dislike its audio quality. I had an s3 with wolfson dac and I loved the sq it brought to the table. I was wondering what dac I could connect to my dna to make it sound better than the s3. My price limit is $150. The headphones I am using are the ue 6000's. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Android phones and USB DACs