or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 207

post #3091 of 32898

Sorry guys, last night i lost it.. now that i am back to my senses, there something anoying (FX40.)


Problem is:

Cant use them in the office, or working out, or whatever place their is noise (people, cars, tv's, whatevers),   i find my self crancking the volume past 70% not sure if its the lack of bass,  once they are over 80% of volume things go wild, dont like how the sound at those level of volume,  so i am using my FX101 and 3580 at office, and my Meelec M6 for workout.

 

At 70% max and no/very little ambience noise, they are awesome no other iem at this price range is even close, but i find them useless at work, i have to crank them up and all i am hearing is mids and highs.  i am not sure its a seal problem, i doubt it.


Edited by rickdohc - 8/24/12 at 7:21am
post #3092 of 32898
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdohc View Post

Sorry guys, last night i lost it.. now that i am back to my senses, there something anoying (FX40.)


Problem is:

Cant use them in the office, or working out, or whatever place their is noise (people, cars, tv's, whatevers),   i find my self crancking the volume past 70% not sure if its the lack of bass,  once they are over 80% of volume things go wild, dont like how the sound at those level of volume,  so i am using my FX101 and 3580 at office, and my Meelec M6 for workout.

 

At 70% max and no/very little ambience noise, they are awesome no other iem at this price range is even close, but i find them useless at work, i have to crank them up and all i am hearing is mids and highs.  i am not sure its a seal problem, i doubt it.

 

Talk about coming back down to earth with a bump beyersmile.png

post #3093 of 32898

So how do I know if I have a good seal with the FX101s and how do I get a good seal?

post #3094 of 32898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackem View Post

So how do I know if I have a good seal with the FX101s and how do I get a good seal?

 

 

fisrt, be sure you are inserting the right chanell in your right ear, same thing with the left.

start with the medium tip, insert them as deep as you can, be careful.. play something..  i like to play Dfunk Around the World... while its playing fiddle around with the tip and once you here the bass hiting hard ,  remeber what you heard, plug them out of you ears , insert big o small tips, repeat steps.. when you have the tip that works for you , music will sound louder, deeper, with a lot of bass and will stay the same even if you touch/move the tip.... thats how  i do it anyway.

post #3095 of 32898
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdohc View Post

 

 

fisrt, be sure you are inserting the right chanell in your right ear, same thing with the left.

start with the medium tip, insert them as deep as you can, be careful.. play something..  i like to play Dfunk Around the World... while its playing fiddle around with the tip and once you here the bass hiting hard ,  remeber what you heard, plug them out of you ears , insert big o small tips, repeat steps.. when you have the tip that works for you , music will sound louder, deeper, with a lot of bass and will stay the same even if you touch/move the tip.... thats how  i do it anyway.

Well, I am using the medium sized tips which seem a perfect fit for me; the large and smaller tips make the music sound recessed/tinny. The bass certainly sounds like it's hitting hard but I am assuming that the mids and highs will get a little better after some more hours? I've only used them for a few hours today so far.

post #3096 of 32898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackem View Post

Well, I am using the medium sized tips which seem a perfect fit for me; the large and smaller tips make the music sound recessed/tinny. The bass certainly sounds like it's hitting hard but I am assuming that the mids and highs will get a little better after some more hours? I've only used them for a few hours today so far.


Yes, bass gets better, mids and highs to.. but dont expect great mids and highs.. oh well i have been spoiled by the mids of the  Fx40...

post #3097 of 32898
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdohc View Post


Yes, bass gets better, mids and highs to.. but dont expect great mids and highs.. oh well i have been spoiled by the mids of the  Fx40...

Oh I am not expecting anything out of this world but to know they will get better is pretty amazing considering I paid £11 for them haha!

post #3098 of 32898
Thread Starter 

Oh yea burn in is for real. JVCs all of em need a burn in. You guys enjoy them earphones and headphones.


Edited by Dsnuts - 8/24/12 at 3:37pm
post #3099 of 32898
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdohc View Post

Sorry guys, last night i lost it.. now that i am back to my senses, there something anoying (FX40.)


Problem is:

Cant use them in the office, or working out, or whatever place their is noise (people, cars, tv's, whatevers),   i find my self crancking the volume past 70% not sure if its the lack of bass,  once they are over 80% of volume things go wild, dont like how the sound at those level of volume,  so i am using my FX101 and 3580 at office, and my Meelec M6 for workout.

 

At 70% max and no/very little ambience noise, they are awesome no other iem at this price range is even close, but i find them useless at work, i have to crank them up and all i am hearing is mids and highs.  i am not sure its a seal problem, i doubt it.


Yepp, the isolation on the FX40s is virtually none, so it's best to enjoy in-doors in quiet environments to get the most out of their sound. It is best used when you have to talk/ listen to others while listening to music, so it has its purposes. The isolation on the FX101 are really good with better strain relief as well, so it's more ideal to wear outside and in noisy environments.  It really is best to have both of these gems in your possession.

 

Oh you know what rickdohc, I was running some errands and had my FXD70s on, worn over-ears, with no clip.  These are perfect to wear outside because when worn over ears, there is little to no cord noise even when windy. I would say their isolation is in between the FX40s and FX101s with the auvio tips from radio shack, therefore when you turn the music on you can hardly hear your surroundings, but when you need to talk to people, just turn your music off and you can hear them clearly without taking them IEMs off.  The sound of the FXD70 are for sure a more refined version of the FX40s, just with a little bit less bass and a bit more juice to power them like my 1st impression described. So, you know whats the dealeo......................upgrade?  If you love them FX40s this much you gonna go nuts for the FXD70s. LoL ....But it's up to you, cuz both the FXD70 and 80s are for sure winners, so you can't really go wrong with any of them.  Don't let me talk you into it, just take your time and enjoy the hell outta them 40s, cuz I sure am.     beerchug.gif


Edited by sfwalcer - 8/24/12 at 3:03pm
post #3100 of 32898
Ok. Whats the price of those iems?
More than 120 and i am not playing.
post #3101 of 32898
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdohc View Post

Ok. Whats the price of those iems?
More than 120 and i am not playing.

LoL, I got my FXD70s for $65 free standard ship from japan on ebay, the FXD80s are still too expensive though, around $109 shipped? Think I got a pretty good deal on the 70s. Just waiting for all these jvc's to come stateside tbh, can't wait!!!


Edited by sfwalcer - 8/24/12 at 11:07pm
post #3102 of 32898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackem View Post

Got my FX101s today, they sound pretty good out of the box, not quite sure if they sound as good as my E10s but perhaps I should burn them in? How long should I do this for?

Also, I keep hearing this clicking/popping sound when I insert them into my ears. Is this a good/bad thing? I'm not quite sure how far in I should inset them to get a good seal.

That's exactly the driver flex thing we were talking about on the last page, as discussed there for iems that are vprone to driver flex, the pop sound indicates you are getting an airtight seal, which is good (if you are inserting the phones and wondering if you are getting a seal) but bad (if you are getting pops and pressure differential while music is playing) Many other iems have safeguards against driver flex though (air vents or drivers that don't pop under pressure) so driver flex is a sufficient but not necessary indicator of good seal on all iems.
post #3103 of 32898
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


Wait LoL, I though having/ experiencing driver flex was a "bad" thing and should be avoided no? But from what you are saying that "popping" sound as I insert my IEMs means I got a really good seal, hence would get the best isolation/ sound no? So isn't driver flex a good thing then??? Does having a too air tight of a seal really affect the drivers of the IEM, seems kinda strange cuz when there is a popping sound after I insert my IEMs it's indicative of the best seal/ sound for me hmmm.......MIND BLOWN.   LoL  confused_face%281%29.gif

 

I guess the less I know the better ha, ignorance is really bliss heeeee.

 

Lol,  ...it depends on if you like the driver flex's popping sounds biggrin.gif    ...for me, it's as good as  listerning to someone scratching his nails on a chalkboard ! eek.gif

 

I don't think driver flex would break the drivers if you push them in gently, the better IEMs have little or no such irritations.

post #3104 of 32898
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdohc View Post

Sorry guys, last night i lost it.. now that i am back to my senses, there something anoying (FX40.)


Problem is:

Cant use them in the office, or working out, or whatever place their is noise (people, cars, tv's, whatevers),   i find my self crancking the volume past 70% not sure if its the lack of bass,  once they are over 80% of volume things go wild, dont like how the sound at those level of volume,  so i am using my FX101 and 3580 at office, and my Meelec M6 for workout.

 

At 70% max and no/very little ambience noise, they are awesome no other iem at this price range is even close, but i find them useless at work, i have to crank them up and all i am hearing is mids and highs.  i am not sure its a seal problem, i doubt it.

 

It's not the lack of bass   ...it's the lack of isolation that's causing the problem.

 

There is a solution !    ...swap out the silicone tips with the black memory foam tips that came with the FX40. The penalty for that is the inconvenient when putting and removing the IEMs, slighty less bass and highs but the soundstage is slightly better.

 

You can try experimenting with COMPLY foam tips for even more isolation and/or SQ.

post #3105 of 32898

How would you guys compare the FX40 with VSonic GR02 (Bass Edition)?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153