Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 4073

post #61081 of 126522

hey mech, how do you like the mad dogs?

post #61082 of 126522

Take alcohol and wipe like a Katana

post #61083 of 126522
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Most of then at least.

 

I've used them. I just don't really like touchpads in general. I like trackpoints and mice better, but it's good to have a trackpad around sometimes because if the trackpoint isn't precise enough, I can simply use the trackpad.

 

Usually a hard cover plastic notebook (or school textbook. :P) works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Something weird happened...

 

The site went down for me. Some Apache testing or something.

 

After that, my reply to your trackpad/mouse situation post got held for moderation saying that I was a new member but I just checked my post count and join date and it seems I'm still fine, and a fake HS.

Moderation?

 

School notebooks as a makeshift pad? I like it

 

 

Events of this week:

  1. Computer got Virus from a download. Took out Anti Virus. Can't be arsed and was thinking about full Windows re instal anyway
  2. BSOD a Few times due to it
  3. Finds Windows 8 Upgrade Deal, buys it and downloads it
  4. Today, I go to instal it, Win 8 has a problem with partitions a bit, so it takes 2 hours to get back to here with a 'good' partition/drive to instal
  5. BSOD hardware (?)
  6. Takes hardware out, thinks its ram
  7. Not RAM, but the instal itself which is on my USB
  8. Call Microsoft Support
  9. Gets download link and redownloads to an .iso
  10. Tries to instal .iso, and it FINALLY tells me that they lied to me and that despite saying that it can kinda support a new full instal, it can't. 
  11. Now I need to go and instal Win 7 and then upgrade to Win 8(with no personal files)

 

Because my upgrade key is upgrade style.

 

If I had known this, I would have saved a lot of time, now where is the arsehole who lied to me?

post #61084 of 126522
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Moderation?

 

School notebooks as a makeshift pad? I like it

 

 

Events of this week:

  1. Computer got Virus from a download. Took out Anti Virus. Can't be arsed and was thinking about full Windows re instal anyway
  2. BSOD a Few times due to it
  3. Finds Windows 8 Upgrade Deal, buys it and downloads it
  4. Today, I go to instal it, Win 8 has a problem with partitions a bit, so it takes 2 hours to get back to here with a 'good' partition/drive to instal
  5. BSOD hardware (?)
  6. Takes hardware out, thinks its ram
  7. Not RAM, but the instal itself which is on my USB
  8. Call Microsoft Support
  9. Gets download link and redownloads to an .iso
  10. Tries to instal .iso, and it FINALLY tells me that they lied to me and that despite saying that it can kinda support a new full instal, it can't. 
  11. Now I need to go and instal Win 7 and then upgrade to Win 8(with no personal files)

 

Because my upgrade key is upgrade style.

 

If I had known this, I would have saved a lot of time, now where is the arsehole who lied to me?

It probably got let through but it hid my post for the time being and said it was being moderated or something. Basically, I need a mod's stamp of approval to get it shown. Not quite sure what happened there.

 

Haha.

 

You obviously don't know the method for it do you now...

 

Anyways, I love the look of Windows 8 and I don't get why people complain about metro so much. There are free start menu programs out there and they do a wonderful job most of the time. I like live tiles since you don't actually have to go back into the application to find out what's new since they give you a little snippet of what's new, not just a notification or anything.


Edited by HybridCore - 2/28/13 at 3:21pm
post #61085 of 126522
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

It probably got let through but it hid my post for the time being and said it was being moderated or something. Basically, I need a mod's stamp of approval to get it shown. Not quite sure what happened there.

 

Haha.

 

You obviously don't know the method for it do you now...

 

Anyways, I love the look of Windows 8 and I don't get why people complain about metro so much. There are free start menu programs out there and they do a wonderful job most of the time. I like live tiles since you don't actually have to go back into the application to find out what's new since they give you a little snippet of what's new, not just a notification or anything.

Which method? What method? How to massage Microsoft's ass so that they can give me no B.S answers on their website?

 

Ehh, I don't have any opinion of it from my time with the consumer preview

post #61086 of 126522
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Which method? What method? How to massage Microsoft's ass so that they can give me no B.S answers on their website?

 

Ehh, I don't have any opinion of it from my time with the consumer preview

Google is your friend.

 

The Consumer Preview was a bit glitchy. I didn't bother trying it after they released it to the Release Preview stage. I used it for a bit on my friend's laptop last weekend and I liked it, probably because Metro satisfies by minimalist requirements since Aero Glass IMO is pretty god damn ugly.

 

Starting to wonder if I should just create my own skin and get it over with.

post #61087 of 126522
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedTea View Post

hey mech, how do you like the mad dogs?
I love them. No need for an upgrade for me anytime in the near future as far as I can see.
The alpha pads raised the bar a lot as well on comfort, making them nearly perfect for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Take alcohol and wipe like a Katana
Lol, I don't have a katana so I don't know how that works...
I'll try and find some rubbing alcohol then in that case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Which method? What method? How to massage Microsoft's ass so that they can give me no B.S answers on their website?

Ehh, I don't have any opinion of it from my time with the consumer preview
That's why I always "buy" full versions wink.gif
post #61088 of 126522
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

@Boris

About the AB/X, how do I actually make the black line? The one you said "trace under board"?

I usually use single core copper wiring.

post #61089 of 126522
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Google is your friend.

 

The Consumer Preview was a bit glitchy. I didn't bother trying it after they released it to the Release Preview stage. I used it for a bit on my friend's laptop last weekend and I liked it, probably because Metro satisfies by minimalist requirements since Aero Glass IMO is pretty god damn ugly.

 

Starting to wonder if I should just create my own skin and get it over with.

Wrong information? That was given to me by a site.

 

Obviously massive Googling is done. IT just doesn't help much

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


I love them. No need for an upgrade for me anytime in the near future as far as I can see.
The alpha pads raised the bar a lot as well on comfort, making them nearly perfect for me.
Lol, I don't have a katana so I don't know how that works...
I'll try and find some rubbing alcohol then in that case.
That's why I always "buy" full versions wink.gif

Or....the cheap version

post #61090 of 126522
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

That's why I always "buy" full versions wink.gif

When a legit full version costs £30(either student discounts or introductory offer), I really don't care as long as MS don't release a paid-for update for 2 or 3 years.

post #61091 of 126522
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Wow, not much going on here today! Guess that's good for my productivity level...

Got some new bomb making xbox modding supplies today. Lots of them (Borisu said the wiring looks like a bomb, thus the joke tongue.gif)

Bowei: How do you sanitize a cable effectively?

LOL

 

why'd you want to sanitize a cable?

post #61092 of 126522
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Something weird happened...

 

The site went down for me. Some Apache testing or something.

 

After that, my reply to your trackpad/mouse situation post got held for moderation saying that I was a new member but I just checked my post count and join date and it seems I'm still fine, and a fake HS.

 

Someone accidentally switched on the spam checker, which was disabled. This cause a few hundred posts to be auto-held, even though they weren't spam.

post #61093 of 126522

One of my sticks of RAM is also a goner

post #61094 of 126522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post

 

Someone accidentally switched on the spam checker, which was disabled. This cause a few hundred posts to be auto-held, even though they weren't spam.

Someone? *cough cough* I'll take it it will be kept in house who did that lol. No need in public shaming.

post #61095 of 126522
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

One of my sticks of RAM is also a goner


eek.gif

 

what happened to it?
does it have lifetime warranty?

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge