「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 28, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #61,096 of 177,745
2rei4ba.png

Feb 28, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #61,097 of 177,745
Quote:
Linux will be fun since the school IT staff don't know anything about Linux. :D Actually, most don't since they stick with Ubuntu, Fedora, or Linux mint. IIRC not too many students like to try Debian or Arch. I know a sophomore who complained about how Arch Linux sucked, probably because it was too difficult to set up with the knowledge his puny human brain could scavenge.

I still don't like linux for a general use computer. I've only ever used it for ultra barebones applications.

Feb 28, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #61,098 of 177,745
Ubuntu is a word that means Slackware is too hard.

Slackware is the only linux you need, it has a nice vertical learning curve.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Feb 28, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #61,100 of 177,745
Quote:
Well, you already have a MacBook Pro IIRC.

It's definitely a lot though. Possibly enough to go through a few round of TF2, depending on how fast you can get your computer set up.

Hm...

Link please since I'm too lazy to go on FB.

Linux will be fun since the school IT staff don't know anything about Linux. :D Actually, most don't since they stick with Ubuntu, Fedora, or Linux mint. IIRC not too many students like to try Debian or Arch. I know a sophomore who complained about how Arch Linux sucked, probably because it was too difficult to set up with the knowledge his puny human brain could scavenge.

Lunch? Maybe

I am on the thread during lunch so time goes by very fast.

I can't link it as its on my private FB profile. You will need to add my private facebook to see it.  I don't have it on my phone or DB anymore either.

I think they do. They have made a few mentions of it. 

Nothing sucks. But there are harder things to setup. And some don't want to do it or etc. Not wanting to go through some steps isn't a sign of that sophomore's knowledge but more of his temperament. But still, I'll bet he was a hipster. Nobody but a hipster in our school would know what Arch was.

I had only ever downloaded it, never installed it. 
Quote:

LOL? Who is cliffy?

Feb 28, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #61,101 of 177,745
Quote:
Ubuntu is fairly user friendly and I think it's pretty good for general use.

Until you are working in a social enviroment such as work, school, or a place where your technology should be conforming to get the easiest compatability, help, and security. 

A lot of times its not that the OS can't do it but things like the company or school deciding to use all X and so using something else wouldn't work well. And then there is secuiryt. 

Feb 28, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #61,103 of 177,745
Quote:

wait... isn't ubuntu, fedora etc. a subset of linux?

Quote:

wut?

Quote:
I still don't like linux for a general use computer. I've only ever used it for ultra barebones applications.

I tried to use ubuntu for 2 days.
sick of looking up codes to do something.

Quote:
Ubuntu is a word that means Slackware is too hard.

Slackware is the only linux you need, it has a nice vertical learning curve.

you suddenly know how to use it overnight?
lol

Feb 28, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #61,104 of 177,745
Quote:
You are a big man

Ooh Rah! 'Mericuh!!!
Thanks again to Bowei for letting me borrow stuffs. 
@Tang: I'd take a picture of my hand, but that would feel creepy. Not even going to lie...

Feb 28, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #61,107 of 177,745
Feb 28, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #61,108 of 177,745
Round 2 of Mechy vs Foobar2k (with help from Joe):
I was able to get songs from iTunes with Japanese characters by dragging and dropping them. Now Foobar is wanting to automagically organize my music based on whatever it feels like, not the order it's in in iTunes.

Feb 28, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #61,110 of 177,745

Users who are viewing this thread

Back