Feb 28, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #61,111 of 177,745
Quote:
Well I didn't exactly measure either. That would be creepy too... :D

Everything is creepy to you. 
rolleyes.gif

Feb 28, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #61,113 of 177,745
Quote:
Lunch? Maybe

I am on the thread during lunch so time goes by very fast.

I can't link it as its on my private FB profile. You will need to add my private facebook to see it.  I don't have it on my phone or DB anymore either.

I think they do. They have made a few mentions of it. 

Nothing sucks. But there are harder things to setup. And some don't want to do it or etc. Not wanting to go through some steps isn't a sign of that sophomore's knowledge but more of his temperament. But still, I'll bet he was a hipster. Nobody but a hipster in our school would know what Arch was.

I had only ever downloaded it, never installed it. 

Hipsters shouldn't know what arch linux is. Hipsters shouldn't know Linux. And if they do, they should only know Ubuntu because that's how much hipsters can annoy me.

But yeah, you can probably tell I don't like this guy too much but meh.

Install is a bit difficult even with the help of the Beginner's Guide sometimes but you do have to realize it wasn't meant for beginners.

That and half of the errors I encountered were because I was running it in a virtual machine. My laptop simply wouldn't take it anymore at one point and the virtual machine froze so I had to force it to shut off the machine and then I deleted it since it was obvious I wouldn't be able to run it.

Feb 28, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #61,114 of 177,745
Quote:
Everything is creepy to you. 
rolleyes.gif

Nah lol...
I'll do it later. For now though... Tori no Uta...
Borisu: I just grabbed the song... The version from the OST sounds like it's the same mastering as the one from the vinyl picturedisc. Speaking of, if anyone can find this vinyl record in good condition:

I will pay you a good deal of money

Feb 28, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #61,115 of 177,745
Quote:
wait... isn't ubuntu, fedora etc. a subset of linux?

They're distros, short for distributions. Linux is Linux, it's just what they've done with it that usually make them differ from all of the others. Ubuntu is that single one that's completely different since it's ridiculously user friendly and uses the Unity interface (which I sometimes think Unity game engine instead).

Feb 28, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #61,116 of 177,745
Quote:
Until you are working in a social enviroment such as work, school, or a place where your technology should be conforming to get the easiest compatability, help, and security. 

A lot of times its not that the OS can't do it but things like the company or school deciding to use all X and so using something else wouldn't work well. And then there is secuiryt. 

Linux is secure. Do you know how linux works in that respect?

As far as I remember all of the important stuff is in the root "account" (which is why you should never use "root" as your main account on linux) which is separated from the rest of the accounts, whether it be user or admin. This basically locks away all of the important, critical stuff so it can't be tampered with. When you use an account other than root, it can only access those files and read them. If a virus were to infect your computer (through any account but root), the amount of damage it can do is limited. There's a write-up on this somewhere on OCN.
Quote:
If it's got a proper UI I might as well use windows. CMD line ftw.

Yes indeed. Command-line interface ftw.

Thinkgeek has a Linux cheat sheet shirt with most of the major commands.
Quote:
Ugh TMAC has too much pink everywhere~

I'm not even going to bother to look.

Feb 28, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #61,117 of 177,745
Waffles.FM is down... :frowning2:

Feb 28, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #61,118 of 177,745
Quote:
Linux is secure. Do you know how linux works in that respect?

As far as I remember all of the important stuff is in the root "account" (which is why you should never use "root" as your main account on linux) which is separated from the rest of the accounts, whether it be user or admin. This basically locks away all of the important, critical stuff so it can't be tampered with. When you use an account other than root, it can only access those files and read them. If a virus were to infect your computer (through any account but root), the amount of damage it can do is limited. There's a write-up on this somewhere on OCN.

Windows does the same thing. People end up turning it off... Annoys me no end.

Feb 28, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #61,119 of 177,745
Quote:
I'll just assume you have 12" long hands.

lol that would be kinda creepy...
Mine's about 8.25", bit longer than my 8" ruler.

Quote:
Nah lol...
I'll do it later. For now though... Tori no Uta...
Borisu: I just grabbed the song... The version from the OST sounds like it's the same mastering as the one from the vinyl picturedisc. Speaking of, if anyone can find this vinyl record in good condition:

I will pay you a good deal of money

I kinda want it too... even though I don't even have a turntable :p

Quote:
They're distros, short for distributions. Linux is Linux, it's just what they've done with it that usually make them differ from all of the others. Ubuntu is that single one that's completely different since it's ridiculously user friendly and uses the Unity interface (which I sometimes think Unity game engine instead).

Ah ok, that makes sense.

Feb 28, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #61,121 of 177,745
Quote:
lol that would be kinda creepy...
Mine's about 8.25", bit longer than my 8" ruler.

I kinda want it too... even though I don't even have a turntable :p

Ah ok, that makes sense.

Seeing this discussion from 2006 killed my enthusiasm:
http://www.mania.com/aodvb/archive/index.php/t-66055.html

While it seems that prices have gone down a bit with the AIR Analog Collector's Edition in recent times... they're still up the 10 to 20,000 Yen mark

ZETSUBO****A!

Feb 28, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #61,122 of 177,745
Feb 28, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #61,123 of 177,745
Quote:
Windows does the same thing. People end up turning it off... Annoys me no end.

Don't remember that. Are you talking about UAC? That I turned off because it was annoying me to no end. I'm going to be honest, I don't have much on this computer that's going to be missed if lost. I backup my Jpopsuki files often to my laptop and an external hard drive, not for distribution.

Feb 28, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #61,125 of 177,745
Quote:
Don't remember that. Are you talking about UAC? That I turned off because it was annoying me to no end. I'm going to be honest, I don't have much on this computer that's going to be missed if lost. I backup my Jpopsuki files often to my laptop and an external hard drive, not for distribution.

I was talking about the super admin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back