「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 28, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #61,052 of 177,745
Is there some kind of converter? Googling male coax to female 3.5 didn't give anything

Nvm. I forgot what goes inside 3.5mm cables are analog (DUH!). So I can only use the amp LOL. Oh well. Not like my phone can use a DAC anyway

Yeah. Analog to digital...

Feb 28, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #61,055 of 177,745
Quote:
Windows touchpads are horrible.

It's very easy on a Mac.

If I was in your position.HELL YES! I would grab a mouse. I would even put some plastic thing near me so that it would work. 

Most of then at least.

I've used them. I just don't really like touchpads in general. I like trackpoints and mice better, but it's good to have a trackpad around sometimes because if the trackpoint isn't precise enough, I can simply use the trackpad.

Usually a hard cover plastic notebook (or school textbook. :p) works.

Feb 28, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #61,056 of 177,745
Something weird happened...

The site went down for me. Some Apache testing or something.

After that, my reply to your trackpad/mouse situation post got held for moderation saying that I was a new member but I just checked my post count and join date and it seems I'm still fine, and a fake HS.

Feb 28, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #61,057 of 177,745
Wow, not much going on here today! Guess that's good for my productivity level...
Got some new bomb making xbox modding supplies today. Lots of them (Borisu said the wiring looks like a bomb, thus the joke 
tongue.gif
)
Bowei: How do you sanitize a cable effectively?

Feb 28, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #61,060 of 177,745
Quote:
Most of then at least.

I've used them. I just don't really like touchpads in general. I like trackpoints and mice better, but it's good to have a trackpad around sometimes because if the trackpoint isn't precise enough, I can simply use the trackpad.

Usually a hard cover plastic notebook (or school textbook. :p) works.

Quote:
Something weird happened...

The site went down for me. Some Apache testing or something.

After that, my reply to your trackpad/mouse situation post got held for moderation saying that I was a new member but I just checked my post count and join date and it seems I'm still fine, and a fake HS.

Moderation?

School notebooks as a makeshift pad? I like it

Events of this week:
  • Computer got Virus from a download. Took out Anti Virus. Can't be arsed and was thinking about full Windows re instal anyway
  • BSOD a Few times due to it
  • Finds Windows 8 Upgrade Deal, buys it and downloads it
  • Today, I go to instal it, Win 8 has a problem with partitions a bit, so it takes 2 hours to get back to here with a 'good' partition/drive to instal
  • BSOD hardware (?)
  • Takes hardware out, thinks its ram
  • Not RAM, but the instal itself which is on my USB
  • Call Microsoft Support
  • Gets download link and redownloads to an .iso
  • Tries to instal .iso, and it FINALLY tells me that they lied to me and that despite saying that it can kinda support a new full instal, it can't. 
  • Now I need to go and instal Win 7 and then upgrade to Win 8(with no personal files)

Because my upgrade key is upgrade style.

If I had known this, I would have saved a lot of time, now where is the arsehole who lied to me?

Feb 28, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #61,061 of 177,745
Quote:
Moderation?

School notebooks as a makeshift pad? I like it

Events of this week:
  • Computer got Virus from a download. Took out Anti Virus. Can't be arsed and was thinking about full Windows re instal anyway
  • BSOD a Few times due to it
  • Finds Windows 8 Upgrade Deal, buys it and downloads it
  • Today, I go to instal it, Win 8 has a problem with partitions a bit, so it takes 2 hours to get back to here with a 'good' partition/drive to instal
  • BSOD hardware (?)
  • Takes hardware out, thinks its ram
  • Not RAM, but the instal itself which is on my USB
  • Call Microsoft Support
  • Gets download link and redownloads to an .iso
  • Tries to instal .iso, and it FINALLY tells me that they lied to me and that despite saying that it can kinda support a new full instal, it can't. 
  • Now I need to go and instal Win 7 and then upgrade to Win 8(with no personal files)

Because my upgrade key is upgrade style.

If I had known this, I would have saved a lot of time, now where is the arsehole who lied to me?

It probably got let through but it hid my post for the time being and said it was being moderated or something. Basically, I need a mod's stamp of approval to get it shown. Not quite sure what happened there.

Haha.

You obviously don't know the method for it do you now...

Anyways, I love the look of Windows 8 and I don't get why people complain about metro so much. There are free start menu programs out there and they do a wonderful job most of the time. I like live tiles since you don't actually have to go back into the application to find out what's new since they give you a little snippet of what's new, not just a notification or anything.

Feb 28, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #61,062 of 177,745
Quote:
It probably got let through but it hid my post for the time being and said it was being moderated or something. Basically, I need a mod's stamp of approval to get it shown. Not quite sure what happened there.

Haha.

You obviously don't know the method for it do you now...

Anyways, I love the look of Windows 8 and I don't get why people complain about metro so much. There are free start menu programs out there and they do a wonderful job most of the time. I like live tiles since you don't actually have to go back into the application to find out what's new since they give you a little snippet of what's new, not just a notification or anything.

Which method? What method? How to massage Microsoft's ass so that they can give me no B.S answers on their website?

Ehh, I don't have any opinion of it from my time with the consumer preview

Feb 28, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #61,063 of 177,745
Quote:
Which method? What method? How to massage Microsoft's ass so that they can give me no B.S answers on their website?

Google is your friend.

The Consumer Preview was a bit glitchy. I didn't bother trying it after they released it to the Release Preview stage. I used it for a bit on my friend's laptop last weekend and I liked it, probably because Metro satisfies by minimalist requirements since Aero Glass IMO is pretty god damn ugly.

Starting to wonder if I should just create my own skin and get it over with.

Feb 28, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #61,064 of 177,745
hey mech, how do you like the mad dogs?

I love them. No need for an upgrade for me anytime in the near future as far as I can see.
The alpha pads raised the bar a lot as well on comfort, making them nearly perfect for me.

Take alcohol and wipe like a Katana

Lol, I don't have a katana so I don't know how that works...
I'll try and find some rubbing alcohol then in that case.

That's why I always "buy" full versions :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back