Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3264

post #48946 of 120045
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

Can't tell if trolling on cd900 st...
Mad dog or para?
I don't know much about Sony cans, or Sony in general, other than IMO their laptops and TVs are overpriced... Lol
Mad Dog all the way, they're almost 1/2 the cost of the paradox, and according to someone who has both, they have a more open soundstage. And I've been completely and utterly satisfied with mine since I got them 3 weeks ago. Jgray and kalbee all have T50RPs, though I believe they modded those themselves, and I'm pretty sure they're satisfied with them as well, and could verify that the planar magnetic driver in the T50RP is very detailed and resolving, and also very flat across most of the frequency spectrum. Heck, I'm planning on selling my HD600s they're so good...
post #48947 of 120045
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

2D loli--can't get flatter than that.
Uh, all anime is 2D?
By your logic, anyone who watches anime likes them flat...
post #48948 of 120045
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

Wait...if flatness is justice...and Deadly likes lolis, does that mean Deadly likes flat sigs?

 

Yes!, I don't want anything stealing the spotlight from the lolis. And before anyone asks "y u no forward sounding headphone to make the loli shine?", well, because that would colour their voices slightly, and that ain't gonna fly by me. wink.gif


Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

But if I like flat sigs, does that mean I like lolis?

Holy crap... I just compared the SR007 graph to that of my mad dogs according to Inner Fidelity... http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/MrSpeakersMadDogA.pdf

THD is slightly higher, but the square wave and impulse look better (unless I'm reading them wrong...)

 

 

For 1/10th the price, and it being closed and all, they measure quite well. tongue.gif
 
I still think the 007 measures a little better in all areas though, the FR is more even-handed as the 10k peak isn't as hardcore, and the treble doesn't roll off as much. The square waves and impulse response are kind of like just another visualisation of the FR.
 
It's still remarkable considering the 007 first came out 15 years ago.

Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

Chosen? Well all I'm doing now is waiting for my Frogbeats C4 to be made. That will probably mark the end of my purchases for a while. I really need to stop spending that much on audio. My budget used to be $100-200 a year ago. This summer it rose to $300 with the M100s and now I've reached the $1000 mark with my CIEM purchase.

 

High roller.

 

I told myself the SR-202 combo was enough a few years ago, and that was $500 at the time. >__<

post #48949 of 120045
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

I don't know much about Sony cans, or Sony in general, other than IMO their laptops and TVs are overpriced... Lol
Mad Dog all the way, they're almost 1/2 the cost of the paradox, and according to someone who has both, they have a more open soundstage. And I've been completely and utterly satisfied with mine since I got them 3 weeks ago. Jgray and kalbee all have T50RPs, though I believe they modded those themselves, and I'm pretty sure they're satisfied with them as well, and could verify that the planar magnetic driver in the T50RP is very detailed and resolving, and also very flat across most of the frequency spectrum. Heck, I'm planning on selling my HD600s they're so good...

I wonder how these guys make them. The stock T50s are pretty cheap right? They must do alot to it to justify the SQ and price increase.
post #48950 of 120045
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post

Yes!, I don't want anything stealing the spotlight from the lolis. And before anyone asks "y u no forward sounding headphone to make the loli shine?", well, because that would colour their voices slightly, and that ain't gonna fly by me. wink.gif



For 1/10th the price, and it being closed and all, they measure quite well. tongue.gif

 
I still think the 007 measures a little better in all areas though, the FR is more even-handed as the 10k peak isn't as hardcore, and the treble doesn't roll off as much. The square waves and impulse response are kind of like just another visualisation of the FR.
 
It's still remarkable considering the 007 first came out 15 years ago.

High roller.

I told myself the SR-202 combo was enough a few years ago, and that was $500 at the time. >__<</div>
I'm not sure if I would like a 'phone that accentuates vocals or not. I've always wanted to try the AD2k, but I'm not sure if I'd like the coloration. I must say the coloration on some headphones I've heard (wooduo cough cough) turned me off. Ah, anyone want to send me their AD2K for a couple weeks? tongue.gif
Lol, I'm not implying they're better overall, just saying some measurements do look better, but no doubt overall the SR007 is more neutral.
You have the 202? Lol, I looked up the CSD for the MKII on goldenears and it looked horrid.... How do they sound to you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

I wonder how these guys make them. The stock T50s are pretty cheap right? They must do alot to it to justify the SQ and price increase.
They probably get them wholesale for $50-75. They probably get all the modding supplies pretty cheaply too. Idk how long they take to mod, ask kalbee, but you also have to realize they probably have to test and potentially revise/retune each phone to get it where they want it to be, they probably put a decent amount of time into each one. They also want to make a lil thing called profit wink.gif

Edited by mechgamer123 - 1/13/13 at 11:40pm
post #48951 of 120045

Stock T50RP's used to be ~75$ now they're more along the lines of 100~135$

Pestered Hybrid forever to get those for asian music lol. Now gotta pay bigger bucks.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


I don't know much about Sony cans, or Sony in general, other than IMO their laptops and TVs are overpriced... Lol
Mad Dog all the way, they're almost 1/2 the cost of the paradox, and according to someone who has both, they have a more open soundstage. And I've been completely and utterly satisfied with mine since I got them 3 weeks ago. Jgray and kalbee all have T50RPs, though I believe they modded those themselves, and I'm pretty sure they're satisfied with them as well, and could verify that the planar magnetic driver in the T50RP is very detailed and resolving, and also very flat across most of the frequency spectrum. Heck, I'm planning on selling my HD600s they're so good...

My T50RP's are my least flat sounding modded orthos.

Notice the vertical scale is 2 not 5. Looks flatter @ 5.

BMF's latest mod uses vertical scale of 1 if I remember well, and it's pretty darn flat.

Haven't worked on these for a while since these sound fine as they are; pretty convincing soundstage.

Can't provide THD since I dunno how to measure that. Waterfall... maybe.

 

VERY faintly U shaped is probably the most engaging sound. This is anything but that.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


Uh, all anime is 2D?
By your logic, anyone who watches anime likes them flat...

Somewhat? lol

post #48952 of 120045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasenuva1 View Post


Neither can I... *dreams*


I want 2D lolis :D

you know.... the kind that takes care of you... not the other way around....

and wake me up every morning... and make bento for me....

*dream*

post #48953 of 120045
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


They probably get them wholesale for $50-75. They probably get all the modding supplies pretty cheaply too. Idk how long they take to mod, ask kalbee, but you also have to realize they probably have to test and potentially revise/retune each phone to get it where they want it to be, they probably put a decent amount of time into each one. They also want to make a lil thing called profit wink.gif

I personally doubt it. If they get it at any lower cost, it won't be THAT low. Specially not with the current going prices of the T50RP.

The mods they came up with are based on their speaker/headphone tweaking know-hows, and TONS of trials and error time. mrspeakers also had quite a well logged contribution to the T50RP mods, which he called the mod the "rastapants" and eventually rastapants 2. I think he made the Mad Dogs, not entirely based on it, but based on what he learned from it. LFF on the other hand had the paradox nailed pretty early on, but also though painstaking tuning. He was actually going to post his mods formula, but some people were getting nasty assuming he only took info from the thread and didn't want to contribute (while in fact he was preparing to make the write-up), he decided then to simply not reveal his modding method. Then a few people asked him to mod their T50RP's, and finally some recommended he became MoT and sold the Paradox.

 

Once you got the formula locked, you pretty much apply it to each headphone to be modded, then fine tune here and there to achieve minimal variance. Some mod processes are pretty tough as-is, so it wouldn't be wise to think it's really EZ job.

 

Anyway, brief history, sort of, of the T50RP mod thread w/ Mad Dogs & Paradox (might not be 100% accurate). The most open sourced mod right now is still by BMF, and kudos to him for all his contributions! beerchug.gif


Edited by kalbee - 1/13/13 at 11:54pm
post #48954 of 120045
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

Stock T50RP's used to be ~75$ now they're more along the lines of 100~135$
Pestered Hybrid forever to get those for asian music lol. Now gotta pay bigger bucks.

My T50RP's are my least flat sounding modded orthos.


Notice the vertical scale is 2 not 5. Looks flatter @ 5.
BMF's latest mod uses vertical scale of 1 if I remember well, and it's pretty darn flat.
Haven't worked on these for a while since these sound fine as they are; pretty convincing soundstage.
Can't provide THD since I dunno how to measure that. Waterfall... maybe.

VERY faintly U shaped is probably the most engaging sound. This is anything but that.

Somewhat? lol
While I haven't A/B'd them, I think I prefer the HD600 for The electronic anisongs and such that I have, mostly because I feel the soundstage on the HD600s centers the vocalist right in the center of your skull, while the mad dog is a bit off right from center to my ears. Not sure if it's because of the pads not fitting over my ears all the way or what. Anyway, I don't really want to bother Dan about it since he's already given me great customer service when I was pestering him with questions!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

I personally doubt it. If they get it at any lower cost, it won't be THAT low. Specially not with the current going prices of the T50RP.
The mods they came up with are based on their speaker/headphone tweaking know-hows, and TONS of trials and error time. mrspeakers also had quite a well logged contribution to the T50RP mods, which he called the mod the "rastapants" and eventually rastapants 2. I think he made the Mad Dogs, not entirely based on it, but based on what he learned from it. LFF on the other hand had the paradox nailed pretty early on, but also though painstaking tuning. He was actually going to post his mods formula, but some people were getting nasty assuming he only took info from the thread and didn't want to contribute (while in fact he was preparing to make the write-up), he decided then to simply not reveal his modding method. Then a few people asked him to mod their T50RP's, and finally some recommended he became MoT and sold the Paradox.

Once you got the formula locked, you pretty much apply it to each headphone to be modded, then fine tune here and there to achieve minimal variance. Some mod processes are pretty tough as-is, so it wouldn't be wise to think it's really EZ job.

Anyway, brief history, sort of, of the T50RP mod thread w/ Mad Dogs & Paradox (might not be 100% accurate). The most open sourced mod right now is still by BMF, and kudos to him for all his contributions! beerchug.gif
Ah, thanks for the history lesson!
tongue.gif
Oyasumi miina!
post #48955 of 120045
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

You have the 202? Lol, I looked up the CSD for the MKII on goldenears and it looked horrid.... How do they sound to you?

 

Are you talking about the portable SR-0001 mk2 (just saying mk2 implies the awful SR-007mk2 in typical Stax talk)? They look awful, I haven't heard them yet, and judging by the CSD, I don't want to hear them. tongue.gif

 

I started out with the basic SR-202 setup, they were fine headphones, just too treble happy for my tastes though.

post #48956 of 120045
I think I have found Korg microKEY used for ~$35 in my city. Not THAT great, but can't be beat at the price. E-mailed the guy, let's see how it will turn out...
Edited by Accoun - 1/14/13 at 1:28am
post #48957 of 120045
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

smily_headphones1.gif ikr? extremely subjective... hmmm maybe one of the more neutral of phones would be a better way to put it. YES FOR 200.
Day of revolution... think I should read,

Night panda

If you want smily_headphones1.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

omfg. Ano Natsu. CALL THE MIB. LOL.
Yeah its funny
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

Amazing how ano natsu does love paths without creating a drama w/ out me hating it smily_headphones1.gif
THAT IS EXACTLY IT! I always hate the angst that series gives me! But ano natsu playfully gives you a great romance
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

Oh, Bowei, real nice essay, but, you forgot to mention that this is an anime thread!!! tongue.gif. I wouldn't either though, people think anime = cartoons. frown.gif
I did at first. My teacher was like. They dont care. An took it out
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Just finished a 9 episode marathon of Ghost stories, my head and chest hurt from laughing so hard. The BEST dub of all time!
If you consider Chase a member, then he's caucasian as well. So panthers is 3rd...
Haha, in that case, all of my friends have as well. Chase said the animation looked like something out of Yaoi and didn't seem interested in it..
Ah, I understand what you mean, although I was thinking that possibly stuffing the "cabinet" would help with potential resonance and reduce the effin ringing. I'll check it out though. 
Dang, very nice essay! But that's your long essay? Holy crap, mine was about 3 pages...
Basically /b/ without the pr0nz
Dang, you're tall for your age, but you've still got a long way to go to catch up with me! biggrin.gif
Flattest? Orly? Please show me some FR graphs, CSDs, and THD graphs...
I was talking about American caucasians. Obviously there are other passerbys. Kiteki is australian and rikkun is netherlands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post


I want 2D lolis biggrin.gif
you know.... the kind that takes care of you... not the other way around....
and wake me up every morning... and make bento for me....
*dream*
Oh you want an air head huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post

I think I have found Korg microKEY used for ~$35 in my city. Not THAT great, but can't be beat at the price. E-mailed the guy, let's see how it will turn out...
Who that?
post #48958 of 120045
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Oh you want an air head huh?

 

Caring loli is best loli.

post #48959 of 120045
Is that what your dream is?
post #48960 of 120045
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post

 

Caring loli is best loli.

yup :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Is that what your dream is?

a man can always dream.......

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge