「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 14, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #48,931 of 177,745
Quote:
I looked at the graph :s not so flat, I take that back. Should've said one of the more neutral? Iono >_<

No, you should have said it's a sony headphone. Then we could have all agreed with you :D
Quote:
Wait...if flatness is justice...and Deadly likes lolis, does that mean Deadly likes flat sigs?

Probably, dem stax are pretty flat... http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/StaxSR507SE11049.pdf
But if I like flat sigs, does that mean I like lolis?
Holy crap... I just compared the SR007 graph to that of my mad dogs according to Inner Fidelity... http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/MrSpeakersMadDogA.pdf
THD is slightly higher, but the square wave and impulse look better (unless I'm reading them wrong...)
Quote:
ah, but no, I was thinking of those as a possible closed phone instead of the z1000's I'm returning later down the line.

Some form of T50RP.

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #48,933 of 177,745
Quote:
So which one have you chosen?

Chosen? Well all I'm doing now is waiting for my Frogbeats C4 to be made. That will probably mark the end of my purchases for a while. I really need to stop spending that much on audio. My budget used to be $100-200 a year ago. This summer it rose to $300 with the M100s and now I've reached the $1000 mark with my CIEM purchase.

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #48,934 of 177,745
No, you should have said it's a sony headphone. Then we could have all agreed with you :D
Probably, dem stax are pretty flat... http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/StaxSR507SE11049.pdf
Holy crap... I just compared the SR007 graph to that of my mad dogs according to Inner Fidelity... http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/MrSpeakersMadDogA.pdf
THD is slightly higher, but the square wave and impulse look better (unless I'm reading them wrong...)
Some form of T50RP.

Can't tell if trolling on cd900 st...
Mad dog or para?

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #48,936 of 177,745
Can't tell if trolling on cd900 st...
Mad dog or para?

I don't know much about Sony cans, or Sony in general, other than IMO their laptops and TVs are overpriced... Lol
Mad Dog all the way, they're almost 1/2 the cost of the paradox, and according to someone who has both, they have a more open soundstage. And I've been completely and utterly satisfied with mine since I got them 3 weeks ago. Jgray and kalbee all have T50RPs, though I believe they modded those themselves, and I'm pretty sure they're satisfied with them as well, and could verify that the planar magnetic driver in the T50RP is very detailed and resolving, and also very flat across most of the frequency spectrum. Heck, I'm planning on selling my HD600s they're so good...

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #48,937 of 177,745
2D loli--can't get flatter than that.

Uh, all anime is 2D?
By your logic, anyone who watches anime likes them flat...

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #48,938 of 177,745
Originally Posted by EveTan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wait...if flatness is justice...and Deadly likes lolis, does that mean Deadly likes flat sigs?

Yes!, I don't want anything stealing the spotlight from the lolis. And before anyone asks "y u no forward sounding headphone to make the loli shine?", well, because that would colour their voices slightly, and that ain't gonna fly by me. 
size]

For 1/10th the price, and it being closed and all, they measure quite well. 
size]

I still think the 007 measures a little better in all areas though, the FR is more even-handed as the 10k peak isn't as hardcore, and the treble doesn't roll off as much. The square waves and impulse response are kind of like just another visualisation of the FR.

It's still remarkable considering the 007 first came out 15 years ago.

Chosen? Well all I'm doing now is waiting for my Frogbeats C4 to be made. That will probably mark the end of my purchases for a while. I really need to stop spending that much on audio. My budget used to be $100-200 a year ago. This summer it rose to $300 with the M100s and now I've reached the $1000 mark with my CIEM purchase.

High roller.

I told myself the SR-202 combo was enough a few years ago, and that was $500 at the time. >__<

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #48,939 of 177,745
I don't know much about Sony cans, or Sony in general, other than IMO their laptops and TVs are overpriced... Lol
Mad Dog all the way, they're almost 1/2 the cost of the paradox, and according to someone who has both, they have a more open soundstage. And I've been completely and utterly satisfied with mine since I got them 3 weeks ago. Jgray and kalbee all have T50RPs, though I believe they modded those themselves, and I'm pretty sure they're satisfied with them as well, and could verify that the planar magnetic driver in the T50RP is very detailed and resolving, and also very flat across most of the frequency spectrum. Heck, I'm planning on selling my HD600s they're so good...

I wonder how these guys make them. The stock T50s are pretty cheap right? They must do alot to it to justify the SQ and price increase.

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #48,940 of 177,745
Yes!, I don't want anything stealing the spotlight from the lolis. And before anyone asks "y u no forward sounding headphone to make the loli shine?", well, because that would colour their voices slightly, and that ain't gonna fly by me. 
size]

For 1/10th the price, and it being closed and all, they measure quite well. 
size]

I still think the 007 measures a little better in all areas though, the FR is more even-handed as the 10k peak isn't as hardcore, and the treble doesn't roll off as much. The square waves and impulse response are kind of like just another visualisation of the FR.

It's still remarkable considering the 007 first came out 15 years ago.

High roller.

I told myself the SR-202 combo was enough a few years ago, and that was $500 at the time. >__<

I'm not sure if I would like a 'phone that accentuates vocals or not. I've always wanted to try the AD2k, but I'm not sure if I'd like the coloration. I must say the coloration on some headphones I've heard (wooduo cough cough) turned me off. Ah, anyone want to send me their AD2K for a couple weeks? :p
Lol, I'm not implying they're better overall, just saying some measurements do look better, but no doubt overall the SR007 is more neutral.
You have the 202? Lol, I looked up the CSD for the MKII on goldenears and it looked horrid.... How do they sound to you?

I wonder how these guys make them. The stock T50s are pretty cheap right? They must do alot to it to justify the SQ and price increase.

They probably get them wholesale for $50-75. They probably get all the modding supplies pretty cheaply too. Idk how long they take to mod, ask kalbee, but you also have to realize they probably have to test and potentially revise/retune each phone to get it where they want it to be, they probably put a decent amount of time into each one. They also want to make a lil thing called profit :wink:

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #48,941 of 177,745
Stock T50RP's used to be ~75$ now they're more along the lines of 100~135$
Pestered Hybrid forever to get those for asian music lol. Now gotta pay bigger bucks.

Quote:

My T50RP's are my least flat sounding modded orthos.

Notice the vertical scale is 2 not 5. Looks flatter @ 5.
BMF's latest mod uses vertical scale of 1 if I remember well, and it's pretty darn flat.
Haven't worked on these for a while since these sound fine as they are; pretty convincing soundstage.
Can't provide THD since I dunno how to measure that. Waterfall... maybe.

VERY faintly U shaped is probably the most engaging sound. This is anything but that.

Quote:
Uh, all anime is 2D?
By your logic, anyone who watches anime likes them flat...

Somewhat? lol

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #48,942 of 177,745
Quote:
Neither can I... *dreams*

I want 2D lolis :D
you know.... the kind that takes care of you... not the other way around....
and wake me up every morning... and make bento for me....
*dream*

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #48,943 of 177,745
Quote:
They probably get them wholesale for $50-75. They probably get all the modding supplies pretty cheaply too. Idk how long they take to mod, ask kalbee, but you also have to realize they probably have to test and potentially revise/retune each phone to get it where they want it to be, they probably put a decent amount of time into each one. They also want to make a lil thing called profit
wink.gif

I personally doubt it. If they get it at any lower cost, it won't be THAT low. Specially not with the current going prices of the T50RP.
The mods they came up with are based on their speaker/headphone tweaking know-hows, and TONS of trials and error time. mrspeakers also had quite a well logged contribution to the T50RP mods, which he called the mod the "rastapants" and eventually rastapants 2. I think he made the Mad Dogs, not entirely based on it, but based on what he learned from it. LFF on the other hand had the paradox nailed pretty early on, but also though painstaking tuning. He was actually going to post his mods formula, but some people were getting nasty assuming he only took info from the thread and didn't want to contribute (while in fact he was preparing to make the write-up), he decided then to simply not reveal his modding method. Then a few people asked him to mod their T50RP's, and finally some recommended he became MoT and sold the Paradox.

Once you got the formula locked, you pretty much apply it to each headphone to be modded, then fine tune here and there to achieve minimal variance. Some mod processes are pretty tough as-is, so it wouldn't be wise to think it's really EZ job.

Anyway, brief history, sort of, of the T50RP mod thread w/ Mad Dogs & Paradox (might not be 100% accurate). The most open sourced mod right now is still by BMF, and kudos to him for all his contributions!
beerchug.gif

Jan 14, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #48,944 of 177,745
Stock T50RP's used to be ~75$ now they're more along the lines of 100~135$
Pestered Hybrid forever to get those for asian music lol. Now gotta pay bigger bucks.

My T50RP's are my least flat sounding modded orthos.

Notice the vertical scale is 2 not 5. Looks flatter @ 5.
BMF's latest mod uses vertical scale of 1 if I remember well, and it's pretty darn flat.
Haven't worked on these for a while since these sound fine as they are; pretty convincing soundstage.
Can't provide THD since I dunno how to measure that. Waterfall... maybe.

VERY faintly U shaped is probably the most engaging sound. This is anything but that.

Somewhat? lol

While I haven't A/B'd them, I think I prefer the HD600 for The electronic anisongs and such that I have, mostly because I feel the soundstage on the HD600s centers the vocalist right in the center of your skull, while the mad dog is a bit off right from center to my ears. Not sure if it's because of the pads not fitting over my ears all the way or what. Anyway, I don't really want to bother Dan about it since he's already given me great customer service when I was pestering him with questions!

I personally doubt it. If they get it at any lower cost, it won't be THAT low. Specially not with the current going prices of the T50RP.
The mods they came up with are based on their speaker/headphone tweaking know-hows, and TONS of trials and error time. mrspeakers also had quite a well logged contribution to the T50RP mods, which he called the mod the "rastapants" and eventually rastapants 2. I think he made the Mad Dogs, not entirely based on it, but based on what he learned from it. LFF on the other hand had the paradox nailed pretty early on, but also though painstaking tuning. He was actually going to post his mods formula, but some people were getting nasty assuming he only took info from the thread and didn't want to contribute (while in fact he was preparing to make the write-up), he decided then to simply not reveal his modding method. Then a few people asked him to mod their T50RP's, and finally some recommended he became MoT and sold the Paradox.

Once you got the formula locked, you pretty much apply it to each headphone to be modded, then fine tune here and there to achieve minimal variance. Some mod processes are pretty tough as-is, so it wouldn't be wise to think it's really EZ job.

Anyway, brief history, sort of, of the T50RP mod thread w/ Mad Dogs & Paradox (might not be 100% accurate). The most open sourced mod right now is still by BMF, and kudos to him for all his contributions! :beerchug:

Ah, thanks for the history lesson!
:p
Oyasumi miina!

Jan 14, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #48,945 of 177,745
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You have the 202? Lol, I looked up the CSD for the MKII on goldenears and it looked horrid.... How do they sound to you?

Are you talking about the portable SR-0001 mk2 (just saying mk2 implies the awful SR-007mk2 in typical Stax talk)? They look awful, I haven't heard them yet, and judging by the CSD, I don't want to hear them. 
size]

I started out with the basic SR-202 setup, they were fine headphones, just too treble happy for my tastes though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back