Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › why is Denon's D7000 pricing going down
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

why is Denon's D7000 pricing going down - Page 4

post #46 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpdriver View Post
I completely disagree that the GS1000 is superior and that the K701 is better than both of them. The K701 is decent value but I think the GS1000 is a worse headphone than the D5000 at double the price.
but, i don't give a damn, and feel that the GS-1000 is better than the entire denon lineup, and the K701 has a slight edge over the GS-1000, because you aren't going to tell me what I do and don't like to listen to

just like I'm not telling you not to get the D7000, I'm saying that it *was* overpriced
post #47 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by obobskivich View Post
but, i don't give a damn,
If you don't give a damn, why are you spending so much effort posting and typing in this forum, trying to argue your point?
post #48 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by obobskivich View Post
about as much as I realize the HD 580 uses a different driver than the HD 600

make whatever value claims you'd like, like I said, who gives a damn what anyone thinks of them, except the listener, as a society (head-fi) we need to stop the whole "NO THIS IS BETTER THAN THAT" "THIS IS BIGGER THAN THAT" trend, becuase as a larger society (humans) we love linear reasoning

audio and music is funny like that

and oh yeah, imho, the RS-1 and SR-225 are worlds apart
If you think that the RS1 and SR225 are worlds apart, the D5000 and D7000 are worlds apart too. The D7000 fixes most of the D5000's flaws and the jump in the resolution and transparency is much more than the jump between that of the RS1 and SR225. The only major jump from the SR225 to the RS1 is probably the highs, and there's a major jump between the D5000 and the D7000's highs too.
post #49 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by obobskivich View Post
but, i don't give a damn, and feel that the GS-1000 is better than the entire denon lineup, and the K701 has a slight edge over the GS-1000,
Again based on what? When did you hear the GS1000 and compare it to the D7000. What tracks? What were the things you liked better? Please be specific.
post #50 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpdriver View Post
If you don't give a damn, why are you spending so much effort posting and typing in this forum, trying to argue your point?
because my point wasn't about the quality of it, it was about the value of it, and it being overpriced, and i didn't even enter this thread to call it overpriced, I entered it to say "wow thats really cool that the pricing has gotten good finally" in agreement with someone's joke about "because denon realized the box and wipe cloth weren't worth $500"

but because 90% of the population is about as dense as a brick, they don't understand tongue-in-cheek humor, and instead start flame wars over petty crap trying to argue it on an emotional level, because I commented about their beloved cans in something other than "YOU ARE THE ROXXOR!!!! THOSE CANS ROXXX!!!!"

and I really have no issue defending my point of view if challenged, so why not? I felt they WERE OVERPRICED (FOR LIKE THE TENTH BLOODY TIME, DOES PAST TENSE NOT REGISTER??!) and currently view them as a GOOD PURCHASE if you like their sound


even after saying all of this, there'll still be a ton of wonderful champions of intelligence jumping in saying "NO NO IF YOU VIEWED SUCH PHONE AS DIFFERENT THAN OTHER THAN UR WRONG CUZ THESE WOULD BE DIFFERENT TOO CUZ I HAVE A FRIEND THAT SAID SO OR I LISTENED AND FELT THIS AND THINK SO SO UR WRONG CUZ MY EARS ARE BETTER THAN URS AND I RULE YOU"

or some other technical blab


if you go back and re-read the thread, you'll see that my original point was to defend my view of them as a poor value at the original asking price, based on their similarity to cheaper 'phones, however to support them at this new asking price as a good value (now the roughly eleventh time I've said this)


but hey, ignoring everything thats posted and wildly flailing about in an emotional tyrade got the tice clock pretty far too, so lets keep it up
post #51 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by obobskivich View Post
but hey, ignoring everything thats posted and wildly flailing about in an emotional tyrade got the tice clock pretty far too, so lets keep it up
Let's not.
post #52 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpdriver View Post
Again based on what? When did you hear the GS1000 and compare it to the D7000. What tracks? What were the things you liked better? Please be specific.
what does it matter when I heard it? if I heard it yesterday does it make my opinion more credible than hearing it a month ago? no really, answer me that.

I hate the lows of the entire Denon family, D7000 is no exception, and prefer the GS-1000's direct-ness and "clarity" (whatever you call it), I don't like closed 'phones on the whole (which the Denon family has taught me, among others (closed Senns, Sonys (not completely crap ones either, but not R10's or CD3ks), and some Panasonic rebadged Ultrasone (it had a book on S-Logic written on the package, no clue which Ultrasone it was though, it was closed and cost like $100-$150))

basically I don't like the overpowering bass, the "calmed" mids (I don't know how else to describe it, I actually somewhat like the "grating" midrange/highs, I want the hair on my neck standing up when a guitar wails, without the bass blowing my head open) and the comfort (HATE the comfort, and I know, I'm weird, and my head is shaped weird, I find the K701's to be more comfortable than anything on the market, the GS-1000 to be 3rd place, and the Denon's to be massively discomfortable, like worse than HD 280 Pro's or MDR-V150's, only better than Behringer HP1000 and other REALLY cheap crap (like $2 headphones), the leather pads (or w/e it is) push on my temples (or w/e the part in front of your ear is called))

in other words, none of them are for me, because the house sound isn't for me, nor is the comfort, those two factors combined with much preferring the sound of my AKG's and electrostats leads me to not like them, funny how that works, isn't it

and you really shouldn't give a damn about this, you should go out and audition them yourself, if you like them, I hear theres some really great pricing going on right now
post #53 of 81
I'm begining to here a dead horse somewhere getting the crap beat out of him.
If there are so many 7k's sitting in the shelf there wouldn't be so many sites with back-orders.
The profit margin is disgusting on almost a consumer products. Look at the automobile industry multi thousands of dollars discounts. Hell! By one get one free !!. The 7k's have only been out since late october/Early November so Denon has obviously realizing it's time to let some of them go for a reasonable price. I waited 3 months before I found my 5K's at 420.00 US back in October.
post #54 of 81
wait where is there BOGO on cars?
post #55 of 81
Obob, Where you been hiding. I knew that was s tretch but a local Dealer in Vancouver Washington was offerring a Dodge Ram 1500 if you buy a Turbo deasel so it's basically a 12,000 discount.
post #56 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by obobskivich View Post
what does it matter when I heard it? if I heard it yesterday does it make my opinion more credible than hearing it a month ago? no really, answer me that.
all I know is that I use this forum as a source of information for headphones I haven't heard, and I look for reviews from people who've actually heard and compared the headphones I'm interested in, and can offer useful advice or specifics about why they liked a headphone better and what were the test circumstances. I use that information to help me make a more informed decision in the future.

Quote:
and you really shouldn't give a damn about this, you should go out and audition them yourself, if you like them, I hear theres some really great pricing going on right now
As I already said repeatedly, I am going to do that .
post #57 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomy3555 View Post
Obob, Where you been hiding. I knew that was s tretch but a local Dealer in Vancouver Washington was offerring a Dodge Ram 1500 if you buy a Turbo deasel so it's basically a 12,000 discount.
wait like if you got the Ram 3500, or if you upgraded the truck to have a turbo diesel?

there was some porsche dealer who tried this back in the day with 911's and 914's, iirc porsche slammed him for it
post #58 of 81
Horse has been beated, maimed, decomposed and infested with maggots.
post #59 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpdriver View Post
all I know is that I use this forum as a source of information for headphones I haven't heard, and I look for reviews from people who've actually heard and compared the headphones I'm interested in, and can offer useful advice or specifics about why they liked a headphone better and what were the test circumstances. I use that information to help me make a more informed decision in the future.
I see your point, and agree, somewhat, but honestly don't like to contribute to this, and thats why I rarely will give any detailed description of my preferences, instead I'll just list what I liked over what I didn't like, instead of trying to go into a review (because its very easy to shape someone's perception of a 'phone accidentally, for example I've called the HD 555/595 "plastic and forgettable" in the past, and I'm certain users read this and think "well, this guy listens to some music I listen to, and has been here for a while, he probably knows what he's talking about", even if that might be their perfect choice)

so in me explaining why I like the GS-1000 better, that could influence someone towards the GS-1000 or Grado's, when in reality they might prefer the D7000 or Denon's

I'll give opinions on things that I've heard that might seem obscure or rare (for example I'm happy to spin a yarn about my ESP-10's, because I'm guessing maybe 30 members max have ever owned a set), or opinions where they're entirely welcome (for example you asking me, why didn't you prefer them, or a member asking me what I like about the K701 over something else), but I don't like to just jump into threads and shove an impression on someone "oh they sounded like this, period", because I realize my listening tastes, ears, head, etc are like no other, so unless I have some long lost evil twin, my impression of a headphone is pretty worthless
post #60 of 81
How can you type that fast. You buy a 3500 turbo deisel for 50,000.00 (SLT Maxi-cab 4x4) and get a 12,000.00 ram 1500 regular cab
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › why is Denon's D7000 pricing going down