Zune vs Vision: M
Mar 15, 2007 at 5:37 AM Post #61 of 67
I totally forgot the fact that headphones make the biggest difference.

PSP=One of the worst sounding media players ever.
PSP w/ JBL 220s=Nearly rivals the Zune's SQ. No joke lol... Did the comparison months ago.

And in response to EFN's post:
I'd still rather go with the Zen's video quality. I mean, it has more colors and has a much more vibrant and brighter screen than the Zune. I would get the Zune if I wanted just the SQ, but I also use my DAP for movies and pictures. The Zen is just much easier to use..

~JJ

Mar 15, 2007 at 6:23 AM Post #62 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobansora /img/forum/go_quote.gif

PSP w/ JBL 220s=Nearly rivals the Zune's SQ. No joke lol... Did the comparison months ago.

And in response to EFN's post:
I'd still rather go with the Zen's video quality. I mean, it has more colors and has a much more vibrant and brighter screen than the Zune. I would get the Zune if I wanted just the SQ, but I also use my DAP for movies and pictures. The Zen is just much easier to use..

~JJ

Interesting point you brought up.
Despite its superiority in regarding its specs for video playback, personally, Zune's screen is still much nicer to look at. It's definitely a subjective topic but personally for watching videos throughs screens that are 2.5/3 inches, I'd rather take a bigger one while sacrificing the essence of video for pure enjoyment.
ZVM is definitely a better player spec-wise, but this is Head-fi. Not all the features are utilitized, and the essential entity that is needed within a player is the sound quality. I seem to find Zune better in such aspect, meaning that it's a better player for me. (+ wifi is really cool when you try it yourself
icon10.gif
)

Mar 15, 2007 at 6:29 AM Post #63 of 67
Yeah, I had some fun with the wifi during my Zune days :p Which was only three days! Wahhahahaha

I totally agree with you in that the Zune screen is much better to look at. I mean, it's wider and it's its own screen, unlike the ZVM's... screen...thing.

~JJ

Mar 15, 2007 at 11:18 AM Post #64 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
:......... If you want 'best', hunt it out there. Buy as much equipment as possible, do careful and valid testing, and you'll learn a lot along the way defining what you'll call 'better'. You might even avoid tinnitus in the future.

Fine but then what do I do with all this junk I have lying around my room that I wont listen to ever since I joined these forums.
cool.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 11:22 AM Post #65 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobansora /img/forum/go_quote.gif

~JJ

Why do you say the PSP is bad. In one of Cnet's reviews it actually got a surprisingly good rating.

Mar 15, 2007 at 2:47 PM Post #66 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrototypeX2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting point you brought up.
Despite its superiority in regarding its specs for video playback, personally, Zune's screen is still much nicer to look at. It's definitely a subjective topic but personally for watching videos throughs screens that are 2.5/3 inches, I'd rather take a bigger one while sacrificing the essence of video for pure enjoyment.
ZVM is definitely a better player spec-wise, but this is Head-fi. Not all the features are utilitized, and the essential entity that is needed within a player is the sound quality. I seem to find Zune better in such aspect, meaning that it's a better player for me. (+ wifi is really cool when you try it yourself
icon10.gif
)

+1 bigger screen.
+1 SQ
-------
+2 Zune

Mar 15, 2007 at 9:56 PM Post #67 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by aris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why do you say the PSP is bad. In one of Cnet's reviews it actually got a surprisingly good rating.

Remember that all reviews are biased in some way or another. I mean, the PSP is an OK system but it isn't the BEST DAP out there. I don't know what you want to use it for, but I hated it... Definately. I used it for six months and I hated it with a passion.

And about the office max perks offer.. It's offered to anybody with the flyer right?

~JJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back