Zune Vs iPod
Oct 2, 2006 at 3:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 58

solvexyz

1000+ Head-Fier
I saw this photo comparison here: http://www.jakeludington.com/zune/20...omparison.html

zune_ipod_screen.jpg

The screen is so large compared to iPod. If the screen resolution of the Zune is 640 x 480, I think Zune will be just ok for video viewing.

Oct 2, 2006 at 5:06 AM Post #4 of 58
honestly, I prefer the look of the zune to the ipod. I actually really like the brown oddly enough. And really... 320 or 640 on a screen thats physically that small the videos will still look just fine.

Oct 2, 2006 at 5:08 AM Post #5 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14
that is a rather unattractive player(zune).

Hideous actually.

Oct 2, 2006 at 9:15 AM Post #6 of 58
I think it's a case of the photos not doing it justice. There are plenty of players that experience the same phenomenon.

I prefer the look of the Zune altogether. It feels less empty overall what with the screen size and control set taking up most of the space on the face of the unit. In addition, the GUI is absolutely beautiful.. way, way better than the iPod's.

The Zune will be worth a try if its video quality is up to snuff and its sound quality is very good. However, I think the fall of the Zune will be its (supposedly) low, low battery life.

Oct 2, 2006 at 10:21 AM Post #8 of 58
I saw that article earlier last night. It's quite misleading in that he's comparing the 80GB iPod to the 30GB Zune in terms of size and weight. Even so, somehow the 5.6oz Zune "weighs considerably less" than the 5.5oz (80GB) iPod
rolleyes.gif

Oct 2, 2006 at 11:00 AM Post #9 of 58
I actually kind of like the look of the zune... it's kind of retroish.

But really, you can't expect Microsoft to hit it in one go. I believe by 3G the Zune will be an awesome player.

Oct 2, 2006 at 1:20 PM Post #10 of 58
I would just like to thank MicroSoft for introducing the Zune. There is little reason for me to buy a Zune, but there is little doubt that the introduction took about $100.00 off the price of my next iPod.
cool.gif

Thank You Mr. Softie
wink.gif

Oct 2, 2006 at 1:26 PM Post #11 of 58
Any competition from major companies is good. I'm tired of Apple deciding all the market prices. Maybe then, one day, we won't have to pay $30 for a god damn AC adapter.

Oh, Microsoft is overcharging for its accessories too, you say? Meh.

Oct 2, 2006 at 1:34 PM Post #12 of 58
I was intrigued by the Zune.....until I saw "Microsoft" gave it birth. No way no how will I even entertain the thought of that player or any software that comes with it. I'd rather hum to myself to get music!

Oct 2, 2006 at 1:41 PM Post #13 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_X
Any competition from major companies is good. I'm tired of Apple deciding all the market prices. Maybe then, one day, we won't have to pay $30 for a god damn AC adapter.

Oh, Microsoft is overcharging for its accessories too, you say? Meh.

Well Apple may be deciding the Zune price. MS is rumored to have dropped the price $50 (and losing money on each unit) to compete with the new iPod announcements.

And most reports are looking at causalities at Creative, iRiver, etc. before Apple. Often MS jumping into a mix lowers the amount of competition.

Oct 2, 2006 at 1:51 PM Post #14 of 58
I need to experience it in person before I pass judgment because pictures can be misleading. I heard on the radio that the Zune's case is textured with some sort of rubber substance. And the Zune's software interface is supposedly quite good, initiative, and user friendly because they used the same guy that designed the X-box OS software.

Oct 2, 2006 at 2:01 PM Post #15 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by zip22
its 320x240, just like the ipod.

Actually, with the release of the new iPods and the iTunes upgrade, they do 640x480 now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back