Zune software - kernel streaming
Jan 28, 2010 at 10:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

moonshake

100+ Head-Fier
Hey there... I wonder if someone can tell me how to get rid of Directsh*t output in Zune software.
I really like the interface and it´d be amazing if there´s a way to bypass the windows mixer.
Is there any way to implement kernel streaming or asio in Zune software?

Jan 28, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #2 of 16
And why not making it read Flacs ? Seriously, it would be much simpler to make an über-slick interface (and easy to install) for Foobar2000 than it would be to change the Zune.

On the other hand if someone made it, I'd be very happy
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 29, 2010 at 2:15 AM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Reclock can most likely do that

What is "reclock"? I suppose you are not refering to a software called "reclock" or the fact that the kmixer resamples everything?

Jan 29, 2010 at 8:58 AM Post #6 of 16
Thanks for the info leeperry
Quote:

and would work in any app that allows to choose the audio renderer.

The thing is... Zune soft doesn´t seem to show any sort of filter, plug in or audio render config possibilities. Do you think reclock would still work?

Jan 29, 2010 at 10:40 AM Post #7 of 16
you could try to use Radlight Filter Manager, and increase Reclock's priority to +255 and set the other audio renderers to "DO NOT USE"...but I don't think that'd work.

if your app doesn't allow you to choose the audio renderer, another option would be to install VAC, set it as the default windows soundcard...and then route VAC into Reclock(in KS)

or depending on your soundcard, you could just route DS to ASIO..

DirectWire%202.jpg

Feb 2, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #9 of 16
Reclock works flawlessly with Zune software. ( Thanks to leeperry for recommending this little useful app )
Seems we can now use Zune´s killer interface with kernel streaming support, bypassing directsound in Windows XP.

Jun 2, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #10 of 16
Please can you explain me exactly what have you done? Because I wasn't able to make Zune and Reclock work for me (Windows 7 64 bit, Reclock 1.8.6.8 and Audiotrak Prodigy HD Advance Deluxe Edition with last Via Drivers)

Jun 3, 2010 at 10:50 AM Post #12 of 16
I've understood that the problem is the Zune itself: in effects it's a 64 bit version, due to the fact that it's not possible to use 32 bit on Windows 7 x64, and ReClock unfortunately won't support 64bit players, at least not Zune.

Did someone knows a solution? I don't want to renounce to the 4 GB of RAM to return to Win 7 32 bit but I also want to use Zune Software as audio player and I want it to play in WASAPI mode...

Jun 3, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #14 of 16
I've downloaded the 32 bit of Zune player (zunesetuppkg-x86.exe) but when I try to execute it, it says that it don't support the current OS:

"impossible to install. This Zune software version  doesn't support 64 bits systems. Error Code 0x8007000b"

Jun 3, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #15 of 16
huh....they've locked it in the installer to force you to use the 64bit version...you could try to install it on a 32bit box and move the files but there's prolly some windows service to detect the Zune so it might not work.

You could also try to crack the install to force it to install, there's many simple tools to do that...or you could unpack the installation files and modify the install script. if It was made w/ Installshield the install script is very easy to crack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back