Zune HD will have EQ!
Aug 8, 2009 at 9:21 AM Post #61 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by Booda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know why the DAP can't have different versions as the earphones? such as Virsion 1 for Clasical, acoustic , vocal, JAZZ, and Version 2 For electrical or so.

All the discuss the EQ is wast of our time, it is not difficult for the designer to do it. Thus , we can come to our preference version.

My opinion is EQ is not neccessory if a DAP have a very strong strength to control the all frequences.

Anybody agree with my opinion?

Your opinion is very interesting. Who out there can forward the opinion to the manufacturers?

It happend to has a fierce arguing on the EQ issue, That AMP3 also have no EQ !!

Please have a look at the page:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/am...8/index46.html

Aug 8, 2009 at 12:06 PM Post #62 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by headfever /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Your opinion is very interesting. Who out there can forward the opinion to the manufacturers?

It happend to has a fierce arguing on the EQ issue, That AMP3 also have no EQ !!

Please have a look at the page:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/am...8/index46.html

I still find it odd people argue against optional features, if they don't want to use an optional feature like an EQ they can simply not use it, no effort is even needed since the old EQ was off by default.

People need to understand other people have different taste in music, using different types of headphones listening to different types of audio files. I like an abnormal amount of bass, I choose my headphone because of that and my portable amp, my older zune still sounds better with the acoustic EQ though regardless of my headphones and amp choices.

Why people feel the need to trounce a completely optional feature is beyond me.

We get it purist don't like EQ's the point has been made, purists don't have to use one if they don't want to.

I think the idea of different players hard coded for different musical tastes is a bit silly, would cost to much to prodiuce the different models and would not allow much choice after pruchase.

Pretty simple all DAP's should just include a good adjustable EQ, that way we can customize the music the way we want to.

Aug 8, 2009 at 3:41 PM Post #63 of 164
I need an EQ, simple as that. And, as stated, if you don't need a feature - don't use it. Wifi, bluetooth, EQ, etc, leave them all off if you like. But, give me the CHOICE to use a feature or not, it should be my call.

Also, the Zune HD may or may not get a custom EQ (no custom EQ, no sale), but the others need a custom EQ as well. I'm ready to sell my Zune 120 as I type - I'm just waiting to see what the update brings to the table.

Aug 8, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #64 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I need an EQ, simple as that. And, as stated, if you don't need a feature - don't use it. Wifi, bluetooth, EQ, etc, leave them all off if you like. But, give me the CHOICE to use a feature or not, it should be my call.

Also, the Zune HD may or may not get a custom EQ (no custom EQ, no sale), but the others need a custom EQ as well. I'm ready to sell my Zune 120 as I type - I'm just waiting to see what the update brings to the table.

X2.custom EQ is important to me also.i am also waiting for the zune HD to be released,i am very close to getting the sony X but i am waiting to see the EQ and the SQ of the zune.Hope Microsoft includes custom EQ and doesnt mess it that time.

Aug 8, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #65 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Eleutherian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow. Tell me what you really think…

I'm sorry that you feel my statement was a dodge or factually incorrect, perhaps I can rephrase.

[...]

So maybe I had a little tiny bit of a point?

The Eleutherian, I apologize for the, uh, forcefulness of my post. I certainly don't mean to villanize you here. Watching the ZuneHD news unfold, I seem to have developed a problem with the way Microsoft markets, publicizes, and equips their DAPs, but in no way should you be burdened with the brunt of my dissatisfaction when you're simply here as an audio fan with special Zune access (and understandably limited sharing rights). Thank you for the response, and I'll do my best to restrain myself in the future.
redface.gif

Aug 9, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #67 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by bba1973 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Forgive me if this is one of those questions that you are not allowed to answer, but can we expect to see a new firmware update within the next few months?

The update should hit when the Z:HD is released. I'm waiting myself, to decide if I should sell my Zune 120, or keep it and add a Z:HD to the family. The ball is in MS's court.

Aug 9, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #70 of 164
Quote:

To tell the truth there probably aren't that many questions I can answer right now about the HD.

I didn't really identify myself with the objective of dispensing information or evangelizing/defending our products per say... I actually have been lurking here due to my personal interest in audio for a little while.

I guess I more felt like it might be a sort of an icebreaker with the community here, to be able to introduce myself and strike up a few conversations...

It seems that this may just be viewed as frustrating however, and may not have set the best tone...

I don't know how to be highly specific about the boundaries here. Obviously I can't talk about details that have not been announced officially yet, which at this point is quite a bit. I can't talk about future release plans, or work that is currently underway. In a lot of cases I can't talk about things in the past either. Most of this goes for info about our business partners like Nvidia, Toshiba, etc. too. I am also restricted in commenting on our competition such as apple as well in some cases, to avoid the appearance of attack by proxy...

So what does that leave? I'm not sure. Very general questions, or clarifications on already announced info I guess.

I also take questions about where to find the best burgers in Seattle or how to make killer guacamole, among other topics.

Well considering the bombardment one of your fellow coworkers (DaveMac) got at the Anythingbutipod forums you either have to have a thick skin or lay out the boundaries quite clearly from the start. I already knew you couldnt answer all of what you just stated above so heres to hoping your "introduction" goes a little smoother from here on out and your accepted more as an audio enthusiast rather than an MS rep.

Hope this thread doesnt scare you off. Im sure you could provide some insight to certain aspects of audio in general without violating your NDA/Non Compete agreements.

Hope you stick around.

Cheers

Aug 9, 2009 at 7:39 PM Post #72 of 164
Quote:

Thanks. I think I will, most of this seems disturbingly civilized compared to some of the boards I frequent... I mean I already had a guy publicly apologize to me, what the hell is up with that? :wink:

Heh heh...I think some of us try not to use the relative anonymity of the internet as an excuse to behave like bigger jerks than we would in real life. Perhaps we're a dying breed.
biggrin.gif

Aug 9, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #73 of 164
well welcome to headfi THE ELEUTHERIAN
biggrin.gif
.I think we can all wait for the official release by Microsoft. you can ask us about audio related stuff and we will be more than happy to answer you,arent we all hear for this hobby in the first place?
biggrin.gif
OH by the way,you have in your signature the ie7 and zune HD,how do you like the sound of them combined together?.......
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
(JUST TEASING YOU..
biggrin.gif
)

Aug 9, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #75 of 164
Quote:

Thanks.

I can't, I've been putting in 60+ hour weeks for months trying to get this thing out the door... I would like to go back to sleeping normally as soon as possible...

Yeah, I'll probably take you up on that soon. I've been thinking about upgrading, but I figured I should probably wait until I get used to my new predator DAC/Amp that I've got on the way. Once I get a handle on that I'll think about what to do about drivers. I also haven't decided what my price range is yet.

I like the combo quite a bit. The DAC we use in the 80/120/HD has a reasonably flat frequency response curve (for a portable player), and my ie7s have a character that works pretty well with it (IMHO). I like the nice heavy bass that isn't too muddy, and the high end is reasonably detailed without being fatiguing to my ear. While not the highest quality I've ever heard in my life, the combo serves perfectly well for everyday listening in noisy environments (work, lab, bus, etc.).

Also the ie7s seem to have a fairly ideal amount of noise suppression for me. It's right on the threshold where I can listen on the bus and still hear the music, but I can still register when someone is shouting for me down the hall or whatnot.

I just want to work up a home baked line out adaptor so I can get the most out of my new predator. I see these LOD (?) ipod line out adaptors all over this site, but never one for the zune...

If you create an LOD for the Zune that actually WORKS you'll make a killing here. I know I'd buy 1 from you myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back