ZUNE HD -Vaporware
Apr 15, 2009 at 8:16 PM Post #46 of 59
Here are confirmed specs according to volvoshine. A lot of us can relax now a 120Gb version is in the works.

Neowin Exclusive: Lets talk some Zune HD specs

An overview of the Zune HD specs:

* 3.6 inchish OLED full touch screen.
* NVIDIA Tegra powered.
* 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, and 120GB versions.
* HDMI Connection to stream straight to your TV.
* HD Radio.
* Web Browser.
* WiFi compatible, with wireless marketplace.
* Released, early fall.
* International release of the Zune device itself.
* Home AV packs, Car packs, Charge packs.

Apr 15, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #47 of 59
I beat ya to it, lol!!!
darthsmile.gif
I browse zunescene too ya know.

Apr 16, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #48 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by nirvanaxp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Windows mobile 7 is supposed to be completely different. Anybody other than microsoft putting windows mobile on a pmp sounds like a bad idea to me, but i have confidence that microsoft can make it work. This seems like MS take on the ipod touch in that it is a platform and not just a standalone mp3 player.

Ah. You mean the same Microsoft that, with confidence, rolled out Internet Explorer 6, Internet Explorer 7, Windows Vista, Windows Mobile 2003, Xbox 360 and dozens of other 'technologies' with intial and excellent working functionality?
wink_face.gif
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 16, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #49 of 59
^^...and Windows Me, Windows XP, Windows Longhorn, Windows 95, Internet Explorer 2 and Microsoft Bob. :p
wink.gif

so, is Snake another of the dozens of MS haters in a MS related thread ?

Apr 16, 2009 at 8:55 AM Post #51 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MS should dropped 4/8GB model and concentrate on 16/32GB flash and 120GB hdd ZuneHD. 4GB PMP is a joke... Unless it has SDHC slot
biggrin.gif

LOL ya beat me to it; providing HD content on a player that couldnt store an entire DVD (along with the no doubt bloat-ware OS)is absurd. even 16gb is pretty stoopid. 32 and 120gb would be the only ones worth their space IMO. having owned a couple of windows mobile products (Nokia phones) I can say with certainty that unless that did something drastic with the stability and speed, its gonna B an epic fail. and since its gonna be the debut of a new MS operating system i'll get my
popcorn.gif
ready

also there have been leaks that there will be a large apple touch/iphone version coming up as well; just in time to spoil ZUNE HD's party.

all the same i'll keep my eye on it as it could make a good present for my best mate who loves his ZUNE that he brought back from the US this year.

Apr 16, 2009 at 12:43 PM Post #52 of 59
Looks like the 120Gb model of the Zunehd was a mistake as the same sources are taking that one off the list. If the largest capacity zunehd is 32GB it will be a complete waste of time for alot of user and MS will have completely missed the boat.

The trend of decreasing storage size needs top end it gets pretty sad, I want more space to hold lossless music and higher quality videos.

Apr 16, 2009 at 1:27 PM Post #53 of 59
Hmm I might just end up buying the 120GB version if it's got a decent and easily accessible line-out! That screen just looks gorgeous!

Apr 16, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #54 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^...and Windows Me, Windows XP, Windows Longhorn, Windows 95, Internet Explorer 2 and Microsoft Bob. :p
wink.gif

so, is Snake another of the dozens of MS haters in a MS related thread ?

Hey, I like the Zune Flash models; the HDD Zune models are nice as well but I consider them rather "brickish" (same with HDD iPods, so no brand bias).

I'm just telling you from a guy that has either owned or seen/used/touched a Windows CE product since Windows CE 1.0 ("Windows Mobile" is just a subset of Windows CE 4.0 / 5.0 / 6.0) - yes, I have owned Windows CE machines since version 1.0 - There will be problems.

Trust me. You have NO idea the problems you will face until you have the "joy" of touching and using a Windows CE / Windows Mobile product
tongue_smile.gif
Ask any Windows CE / Mobile user today, like daglesj but he was (somewhat) ignored, and I am SURE he/ she will speak of how flat their heads are from beating it against the wall
tongue.gif

HTC doesn't have a 'custom' version of Windows Mobile installed on their products for nothing, you know...
wink.gif

Microsoft Bob. Most people joke about it but never had the "pleasure" of experiencing it. I did.

Please don't mention it again
tongue.gif

Apr 16, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #55 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by swanlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like the 120Gb model of the Zunehd was a mistake as the same sources are taking that one off the list. If the largest capacity zunehd is 32GB it will be a complete waste of time for alot of user and MS will have completely missed the boat.

The trend of decreasing storage size needs top end it gets pretty sad, I want more space to hold lossless music and higher quality videos.

Just hasn't been confirmed. It makes sense a 120GB would be in the line up...

Apr 16, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #56 of 59
Quote:

having owned a couple of windows mobile products (Nokia phones)

What ?

Apr 20, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #57 of 59
What are all these companies thinking???!!!

I want a user-replaceable common battery that lasts 20 hours or more on music.

I can care less if its touch screen or not. I only need a screen to choose music and settings.

I want an SDHC slot.

Drag n drop.

FM radio.

Alot of storage...120gb etc.

Lots of codec support.

Line out would be nice, but my Zunes sound good anyway.

Real EQ would also be nice....7 bands or more that doesnt clip and distort.

Wireless is ok if i can buy music off FM or WiFi spots, if the music is lossless or 320.
Why pay for 128/192? Ill buy the darn CD then and download it.

This will never come from Microsoft.

Sansa and Cowan almost had it, but recently screwed up. Close but no sardine.

Apr 20, 2009 at 11:46 AM Post #58 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snake /img/forum/go_quote.gif

HTC doesn't have a 'custom' version of Windows Mobile installed on their products for nothing, you know...
wink.gif

As a Mac user, I've been amazed at how stable my HTC Touch with WM Pro has been in the last year. Very pleased with it.

Also interested that the Zune might finally get released in the UK. I'm getting to the point where I might need to get another iPod and separate my collection into pre-1990 on one iPod and post-1990 on another, so if it was a Zune, it wouldn't be a hardship to differentiate what I was listening to.

Apr 20, 2009 at 12:42 PM Post #59 of 59
Yeah Windows Mobile isnt the most reliable and speedy interface. I just hope its a further refinement of the Zune UI which I am very impressed with.

I have to say I'm getting very tired with 'feature overkill' I really dont need half of the crap and features they put in these damn things now and truth be told neither does anyone else. However, they have to have them cos it looks bad in the comparison chart if you dont have a tick.

You know I just want great sound, easy interface, decent size and battery life. Thats about it really. Radio is good too, maybe a couple of other nice to haves.

I remember back to the 1980's and I dont recall ever once looking at my Walkman and thinking "You know if only this could help me put up level shelves?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back