Zune 2 - flash based Zunes announced tomorrow ?
Oct 3, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #31 of 42
i swear some people don't read.

[size=large]THESE ARE DISPLAY UNITS.[/size]

made of plastic/cardboard.

the screen on the HD zune is off because the way they cut it.

Oct 3, 2007 at 1:36 AM Post #33 of 42
What about wireless syncing, wireless sharing, and a few other features? Oh, even for existing Zunes. Sounds pretty sweet.

INFORMATION HERE

Oct 3, 2007 at 2:01 AM Post #34 of 42
i think if microsoft wants to win, or complete

it needs a new edge.
it needs to sell the zune packaged out of the box with MAD accessories. they are trying to be stingy and squeeze every penny by selling high price accessories, they dont realize most people buy 3rd party ipod accessories. if you can get zune OUT THE BOX that comes with case, car charger, dock, video cable (or just a couple of those)... i think it can make a big splash this xmas season (assuming ofcourse everything else is up to bar). alot of people would like the one stop shop approach.

they dont understand they have to get their foot in the door. if they do some kind of blitz campaign, once YOU are not the only person in your classroom with a zune, the customer loyally and word of mouth, and just seeing other with it, then the zune can sell itself, plus, unless it becomes more popular they can STOP WASTING THEIR TIME developing the stupid "social"

Oct 3, 2007 at 3:15 AM Post #36 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i swear some people don't read.

[size=large]THESE ARE DISPLAY UNITS.[/size]

made of plastic/cardboard.

the screen on the HD zune is off because the way they cut it.

I see nothing about it saying "display units" in this thread, ZuneScene, or the other link. It says "spy shots" which don't mean cardboard.

Oct 3, 2007 at 3:20 AM Post #37 of 42
Nice upgrades to it. They did a good job, but will it be enough at the same price of the iPod. I like the feature set better than on the Classic, but still, most people will probably just go with the name since the Zune isn't any cheaper. Still, really nice.

Oct 3, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #39 of 42
There's more info in the other thread. And I was wrong. It looks like the software will change, at least, from the press photos.

Oct 3, 2007 at 1:56 PM Post #40 of 42
Quote:

I hope they throw in a custom EQ this time.

Yes, please!!!

I think it looks just fine BTW, and who really cares anyway. I guess I'm one of those weird customers who values sound quality and functionality over appearance.

Oct 3, 2007 at 2:47 PM Post #41 of 42
PLEASE DELETE. DUPLICATE POST.

Oct 3, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #42 of 42
The Custom EQ is pretty doubtful. There isn't a big call for it from Zune supporters on the forums, and I doubt they'd include it. It isn't something that's user friendly. The EQ's are pretty nice already, and you can find the technical information on exactly what they adjust if you look. It's out there. It's not as nice as a custom EQ, but it's better than Rock, Jazz, Classical.
Email the hell out of the development team everyone, they're pretty open to the customer's wants/needs, maybe we can get it on a firmware update.

Also, the squircle is touch sensitive, as well as being able to click.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back