Zune 2 - flash based Zunes announced tomorrow ?
Oct 1, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #2 of 42
yo are u freakin kidding me

i just ordered a used $148 ebayed Zune just this friday that passed.

omggggg

Oct 1, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #3 of 42
Yep, a really sudden announcement, I'm kind of surprised there wasn't the long build up and grainy pictures like there was for the first Zune. Let's hope this one has some truly killer features and price, because if it doesn't then Microsoft should probably just give up.

Oct 1, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #4 of 42
Well, there was a leak a few weeks ago that the new Zunes were to be released Oct 16th. And there has been confirmation of the crappy photoshop rendition, that, although it was not official, was accurate.
Not only that, but as of today, Costco has the Zune 1 for 150. Also, the word is that with the release of the new Zunes, there will be a MAJOR firmware update for the 1st gen Zunes, as, according to an insider, "We have not forgotten about them [Zune 1 users]."
So, here's to that. Fingers crossed. Although according to the new announcement, the flash Zunes won't be available until November, which, although unfortunate, doesn't affect me, as I'm very happy with my Zune 1.
My hope are that they update Marketplace functionality as well. And videos would be nice, although there have been no insider leaks in regards to video within the Marketplace, or any deals with major studios/networks.

Oct 1, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #5 of 42
I hadn't heard about the firmware update, now that is something that makes me glad my class is really late tomorrow. That is great news, I had completely forgotten about the possibility of firmware updates and how Microsoft had said they would continuously release them to keep the Zunes up to date. I had kind of given up hope that they would.

Oct 2, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #7 of 42
Looks like the announcement is actually on Wednesday, and the first gen may not get its update until the new Zunes hit the market in November. Oh well, just a longer wait. It's changing so much right now who knows what they will end up saying, that says the picture looks great. It looks like they've done a good job hardware wise.

Oct 2, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #8 of 42
Thank you again, Ricardo Dawkins.

Oct 2, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #9 of 42
The squircle doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. I'll be watching the blogs tomorrow night at midnight. Is there somewhere that Microsoft broadcasts their product announcements online?

Oct 2, 2007 at 1:56 AM Post #10 of 42
should have sold my zune w my ipod before apple made their announcements, cuz that started a chain reaction...now im getting the upgrade bug, looking at my 30gig going "this much bulk and only 30 gigs and 12 hours playing time"... i want a thinner longer lasting player w 2.5 to 5 times more storage.

but cant sell my old players anymore...just gonna have to bite the bullet and use it till it dies, or till its becomes a commodity and prices go back up (like1st gen shuffles and ipod 4gens)

Oct 2, 2007 at 2:17 AM Post #11 of 42
I just ordered a iPod touch, What

Oct 2, 2007 at 1:26 PM Post #14 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For me, what really sets the Zune apart is the sound quality. Let's see if the Z2hd and Z2f are at least as good as the Z1.

I wasn't a fan of the sq, however I have read sometime ago that microsoft wasn't 100% happy with it aswel, therefore the chances improved sq would be promising.

Oct 2, 2007 at 3:17 PM Post #15 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wasn't a fan of the sq, however I have read sometime ago that microsoft wasn't 100% happy with it aswel, therefore the chances improved sq would be promising.

I'm interested in what you didn't like about the Zune sq.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back