Zoiks! Nother Price drop on refurb Ipods
Sep 15, 2006 at 1:46 AM Post #16 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckhirnigs113
Everything on the refurb iPod I received looks brand new. There was no way to tell it was refurbished other than the fact that you don't get the retail box (big loss there). You even get the full 1 year warranty on it! I can see no reason to buy a new iPod, especially considering the 60gb 5g is about half the price that a new one was a few weeks ago!

Agreed.

To me, it look like a leprachaun to me. Everyone who see da leperchaun say YEAAAH. YEAHHH!!!

^^Referring to his avatar in case some of you are now questioning my sanity.

Sep 15, 2006 at 3:07 AM Post #17 of 57
Not to throw water on the theme but people buying Refurbs Ipod have had there fair share of horror stories. I reading one at ilounge where the person send back 3 ipods until they got one that actually worked. Just know what you are getting into. Seems like a good deal for the price.

Sep 15, 2006 at 3:32 AM Post #18 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany
Not to throw water on the theme but people buying Refurbs Ipod have had there fair share of horror stories. I reading one at ilounge where the person send back 3 ipods until they got one that actually worked. Just know what you are getting into. Seems like a good deal for the price.

And that hasn't happened to tons of people with brand new iPods? I'm sure it has. Regardless, the warranty makes it a non issue really. I'm going to pick up a 60G in a few days.

Sep 15, 2006 at 7:29 AM Post #20 of 57
Damn these prices are decent. 60GB refurbished for $20 less than the 8GB new nano.

And just a reminder the Airport Expresses are $99. Got one (refurb from a year ago) and been great. A poor mans Sonos.
wink.gif

Sep 15, 2006 at 9:25 AM Post #22 of 57
Can you get these in the store as well?

Sep 15, 2006 at 11:12 AM Post #25 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0
Apple.com -> Store -> "Refurbished iPod" under the Special Deals header on the left column.

Right column i believe. Yeah the Apple site would realy need a total update, so easy to get lost

Sep 15, 2006 at 12:38 PM Post #27 of 57
Heh. If you're really cheap, you can get one for free, like I did. Just go around asking for people's broken iPods. Then when you get home, smash them around a bit. I only spent around 20 USD to get the cable to get a fully working 4G.

Sep 15, 2006 at 3:07 PM Post #28 of 57
Sweet. Just ordered a refurb nano for $99. I was going to get the new shuffle for the gym, but for about the same price I get twice the storage and a screen. Got to love that warranty too.

Sep 15, 2006 at 3:37 PM Post #29 of 57
I see that all the G4 iPods have now vanished from the site. I really was looking to buy one (the 60 gig model) in a few weeks, and want a G4 specifically because I've already got all the accesssories. Unfortunately, it looks like they've discontinued them as a refurb model. Anyone know the story there??

Sep 15, 2006 at 3:44 PM Post #30 of 57
In the stores around here a lot of old stuff is still lying around.
Although Apple seems to have a good customer support they do not seem to care how the dealers get rid of their overstock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back