ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread.
Oct 27, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #271 of 1,522
Maybe consider the question on the basis of general sound signature:

AD: brighter version of "neutral"

Slants: darker version of neutral with some mid-bass (I haven't tried it yet, so no scare quotes.)

Vibro: warm and smooth

Best luck!

Oct 27, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #272 of 1,522
I am leaning more towads the viBros because I do like the wood cups. My only doubts with the slants is the fact that they are in the same t50rp frame. From what I heard, it's tough to get a better sound out of the t50s without a larger enclosure.

Oct 27, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #273 of 1,522
Also looking for some genre masters since this is probably going to be the end game cans for me for a while, which is still tough because they all seem to handle all types of music pretty well

Oct 29, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #274 of 1,522
I received delivery of a pair of Zach's ZMF x Vibro's on 10-24-14. First I'd like to say Zach is a great person to deal with. The experience was A+ all the way. And the product is also top notch especially for the money. I have never heard a closed headphone sound so open in how it presents itself. Very enjoyable. Sound wise as they break in things have gotten better. More detail, and space as they break in. These as stated before are not hyper detailed, they are more laid back. Think of being at a symphony in about mid hall. Very enjoyable, and musical sounding. Two thumbs up Zach.

Nov 1, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #275 of 1,522
After thinking about my decision, I think I definitely am going to go with the Vibros. Any last minute advice or tips before ordering in the next day or so?

Nov 1, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #276 of 1,522
Look at the options available on the website and think about which one you'd like, burst finish or not? Which color do you want? Do you want the braided cable? Just make up your mind on the small stuff before you order.

Nov 1, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #277 of 1,522
I'd wait on ordering for the moment. Zack asked me to email him in early Nov to remind him to consider a sale for Black Friday. I'll probably shoot him an email Monday.

Nov 1, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #280 of 1,522
Sweet, I've already waited this long, so I don't mind waiting a little bit more. I'd love to see more impressions and would definitely love to get a discount on them!

Nov 4, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #283 of 1,522
I'm deciding what my next hp should be. I have focal spirit classic, akg q701, hd570, and amperiors. Driven by zdac, lyr and GO ;50. I would like more resolution and an aggressive approach, looking at vibro, and he-(60. Am I in the right ballpark? Not as aggressive as the amperior but more than the Qs or focals. Thanks for impressions.
Dub to acoustic but mostly beat driven or alternative music and Einsturzende Neubauten .

Nov 7, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #284 of 1,522
[size=medium] on the zmf websiste[/size]​
 ​

THE ZMF BLACKWOOD & UPGRADE PROGRAM.​

ZMF Blackwood.  An African Blackwood cupped headphone with a new mod to get everything sonically possible out of one of the worlds hardest and most beautiful woods.  With the new model, upgrades will be available for an affordable price from any other ZMF Headphone model.  Details soon.​
 ​
 ​

Nov 7, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #285 of 1,522
I'm deciding what my next hp should be. I have focal spirit classic, akg q701, hd570, and amperiors. Driven by zdac, lyr and GO ;50. I would like more resolution and an aggressive approach, looking at vibro, and he-(60. Am I in the right ballpark? Not as aggressive as the amperior but more than the Qs or focals. Thanks for impressions.
Dub to acoustic but mostly beat driven or alternative music and Einsturzende Neubauten .

what do you mean by aggressive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back