ZMF Verite Open
Jun 27, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #4,711 of 9,534
Acorn Audio in the UK is getting a shipment in this coming week with a v closed or two I believe. May be worth contacting them to grab one!

Ooooh! Thanks Zach. I’ll drop Aamer an email for the details... he mentioned some special burls but maybe he’s also getting a “normal” edition too. Take care.

Jun 27, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #4,712 of 9,534
I never paid much attention to silkwood before--but when it's stained like that, it has my complete attention!

I should ask--what type of metal are the screens & sliders made of? Brass? Hard to tell that from photos.

Whatever that metal is, it's perfect.

:gs1000smile:
Stainless Steel rods and grill, I’m not the best a taking pictures.

Jun 27, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #4,713 of 9,534
So.....they just arrived....I am speechless..
She walks in beauty, like the night
@zach915m WOW!
IMG_0761.jpegIMG_0762.jpeg

That's beautiful. Didn't realize dark stain is an option. What grill/rod color is that? It goes really well with the dark stain. Congratz. Hope it was worth the long wait.

Jun 27, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #4,714 of 9,534
Hey everyone! I'll be co-hosting with Resolve on the Headphone show today with special guest ZMF @zach915m and @BooUrns !! two live interviews with them in a week!! I must be breaking some kind of record :wink: I am a lucky guy to get to hang out with them again for sure!!! The show will be live at 2pmPST here is the link

Thanks for the show - enjoyed it.

Jun 27, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #4,715 of 9,534
@zach915m WOW!

Wow... Those are stunning!

After a lot of research, some really helpful inout from Zach, and great feedback/impressions/reviews in the online forums (thanks guys), I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Verite, Pendant, 2K combo and a Bifrost 2...

Only thing holding me back right now is still trying to finalize my choice of woods and grill/post colors! LOL

Jun 27, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #4,716 of 9,534
That's beautiful. Didn't realize dark stain is an option. What grill/rod color is that? It goes really well with the dark stain. Congratz. Hope it was worth the long wait.
I didn't realize it myself until I asked about the different shades of the silk wood I had seen during my research phase. I asked the man himself and he was very helpful and provided suggestions on dark stains. This combo has the stainless steel grill/rod with charcoal/bronze hardware, well worth the wait. Now burning them in so not much to offer in terms of listening just yet, need a few days to get some good burn.

Jun 27, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #4,717 of 9,534
Wow... Those are stunning!

After a lot of research, some really helpful inout from Zach, and great feedback/impressions/reviews in the online forums (thanks guys), I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Verite, Pendant, 2K combo and a Bifrost 2...

Only thing holding me back right now is still trying to finalize my choice of woods and grill/post colors! LOL
Thank you!
That is a hell of a quad-fecta you are about to order! Good luck in your finals selections, it will be worth deliberating over to get it just how you want.

Jun 27, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #4,718 of 9,534
I think your take is pretty common, as a lot of people look for that kind of sound. I find that the Pendant has the positive attributes that I'm looking for in a tube amp... Tremendous midrange with a natural, cohesive sound and a realistic sense of space around instruments. It combines this with dynamics, pace and impact that I might find more common in solid state amps. Best of both worlds, for me.

From what you're saying, I think you should look at an OTL amp. I loved the Bottlehead Crack and kind of wish I didn't sell it, looking back. I do plan on getting another OTL amp at some point just as alternative option.
Something like a hybrid between that 300b sound and a Zmf pendant or alo studio six sound would be my favorite tube amp I think, or a Zmf pendant with a larger Soundstage would suffice.

Jun 27, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #4,719 of 9,534
Thank you!
That is a hell of a quad-fecta you are about to order! Good luck in your finals selections, it will be worth deliberating over to get it just how you want.
Thanks!

Go big or go home! LOL

Seriously though, on the hifi stereo side I built up little by little over years, swapping components in and out, and tweaking...

Got to the point where I didn't really like to listen to music unless I could listen on a quality system because I would hear what was missing instead of what was there... And I had never really liked headphones and didn't use them unless I was traveling - and then it was easy to accept the 'compromises'

Haven't had a place to setup my hifi system for several years and really was missing the music so started getting into headphones about 18 months ago - so much better than it was 20 years ago!

Anyway, while I really enjoyed the process of 'building' up a system over the years - I'm too impatient now to do it again with headphones :)

So been saving up to make the big jump! LOL

Anyway, it has been really fun getting back into music, reading reviews, and learning more about the latest research on design and how the brain processes and interprets sound.

And really love the whole (well, most 😱) of the online enthusiast community here and everyone's willingness to share and help each other out!

Would love to hear more about your headphone journey and your selection process for the VO?

And dang!!! Yours ARE friggin beautiful! :)

Jun 28, 2020 at 3:50 AM Post #4,721 of 9,534
@zach915m WOW!

Congrats, wow those look great.

This is the first silkwood version i've seen, that I liked, and a dark stain looks better imo. If I had not already ordered a camphor burl, I would had reconsidered the silkwood, based on this picture.

I have high hopes for the dark stain camphor burl

Jun 28, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #4,722 of 9,534
Jun 28, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #4,723 of 9,534
Thanks!

Go big or go home! LOL

Seriously though, on the hifi stereo side I built up little by little over years, swapping components in and out, and tweaking...

Got to the point where I didn't really like to listen to music unless I could listen on a quality system because I would hear what was missing instead of what was there... And I had never really liked headphones and didn't use them unless I was traveling - and then it was easy to accept the 'compromises'

Haven't had a place to setup my hifi system for several years and really was missing the music so started getting into headphones about 18 months ago - so much better than it was 20 years ago!

Anyway, while I really enjoyed the process of 'building' up a system over the years - I'm too impatient now to do it again with headphones :)

So been saving up to make the big jump! LOL

Anyway, it has been really fun getting back into music, reading reviews, and learning more about the latest research on design and how the brain processes and interprets sound.

And really love the whole (well, most 😱) of the online enthusiast community here and everyone's willingness to share and help each other out!

Would love to hear more about your headphone journey and your selection process for the VO?

And dang!!! Yours ARE friggin beautiful! :)
I sent you a PM, my journey narrative was long and didn't want to clog up the thread. Look forward to chatting more.

Jun 30, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #4,724 of 9,534
Hey all, I have a quick question that I'm hoping someone here might have an easy solution to.

The black magnesium chassis gimbals on my Verite have a couple very, very small chips in them. These are extra gimbals kindly supplied by Zach and Bevin. The chips on the new gimbals are entirely my fault, I think I was just clumsy when installing them. They're so small that it's hard to notice, but I'm curious if there's a way to "fill them in" with some kind of paint. Like paint used for model toys or something.

I tried just putting little dots on them with an ink sharpie, and it looks fine. But the sharpie wears off. Is there a recommended black paint pen that would do it? If not, that's totally okay. They don't bother me, I just want to make sure I take care of my headphones.

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #4,725 of 9,534
Hey all, I have a quick question that I'm hoping someone here might have an easy solution to.

The black magnesium chassis gimbals on my Verite have a couple very, very small chips in them. These are extra gimbals kindly supplied by Zach and Bevin. The chips on the new gimbals are entirely my fault, I think I was just clumsy when installing them. They're so small that it's hard to notice, but I'm curious if there's a way to "fill them in" with some kind of paint. Like paint used for model toys or something.

I tried just putting little dots on them with an ink sharpie, and it looks fine. But the sharpie wears off. Is there a recommended black paint pen that would do it? If not, that's totally okay. They don't bother me, I just want to make sure I take care of my headphones.

We have paint pens for each color of magnesium chassis, send me an email and we can get you one!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back