ZMF Verite Open
Jun 27, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #4,696 of 9,530
I'm just in the odd here, when I think of a tube amp, I kinda want a "tube" sound, or else I'd just stick to a SS and call it. it has that tube dynamics with a clean, clear sound ? does the ZMF pendant do anything to the vocals, or mid range ? I'm just interested in a tube amp that'll add a more Romantic, viseral mid range to my headphones. I was looking at that Cayin HA-6A tube amp seems very interesting and it looks like it'll drive dynamic and Planar seems like jack of all trades very nice looking Tube amp.

I think your take is pretty common, as a lot of people look for that kind of sound. I find that the Pendant has the positive attributes that I'm looking for in a tube amp... Tremendous midrange with a natural, cohesive sound and a realistic sense of space around instruments. It combines this with dynamics, pace and impact that I might find more common in solid state amps. Best of both worlds, for me.

From what you're saying, I think you should look at an OTL amp. I loved the Bottlehead Crack and kind of wish I didn't sell it, looking back. I do plan on getting another OTL amp at some point just as alternative option.

Jun 27, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #4,697 of 9,530
So.....they just arrived....I am speechless..
She walks in beauty, like the night
@zach915m WOW!
IMG_0761.jpeg
IMG_0762.jpeg

Jun 27, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #4,698 of 9,530
But you're angry, :rolling_eyes:I have to wait 2 months...:sweat: is this the LTD version? Yes it looks beautiful! Enjoy it, look forward to sound report!

Jun 27, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #4,700 of 9,530
But you're angry, :rolling_eyes:I have to wait 2 months...:sweat: is this the LTD version? Yes it looks beautiful! Enjoy it, look forward to sound report!
I am not angry at all, I absolutely love how they turned out.
Not a LTD, they are silk wood with a dark stain.
Will be listening and buring them in for a while. Stay tuned for initial thoughts.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #4,702 of 9,530
No no, you are evil to post such beautiful photos and I have to wait so long for it. :beerchug:

Yes the wood is a dream!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #4,703 of 9,530
I am not angry at all, I absolutely love how they turned out.
Not a LTD, they are silk wood with a dark stain.
Will be listening and during in for a while. Stay tuned for initial thoughts.

Your new Verite is the strongest argument for silkwood I've ever seen. That wood is off-the-charts beautiful...

Jun 27, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #4,704 of 9,530
Hey everyone! I'll be co-hosting with Resolve on the Headphone show today with special guest ZMF @zach915m and @BooUrns !! two live interviews with them in a week!! I must be breaking some kind of record :wink: I am a lucky guy to get to hang out with them again for sure!!! The show will be live at 2pmPST here is the link

Jun 27, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #4,705 of 9,530
Your new Verite is the strongest argument for silkwood I've ever seen. That wood is off-the-charts beautiful...
@Pharmaboy thank you for the kind words. @RMarks271 Verite from back in April was the inspiration for these babies.
Of course the ultimate thanks to @zach915m for crafting them!

Jun 27, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #4,706 of 9,530

Agreed. They are stunning. I’m definitely going to get a set of VC to pair with my Aeolus, just not sure on the best ordering option to get to the UK.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #4,707 of 9,530
Agreed. They are stunning. I’m definitely going to get a set of VC to pair with my Aeolus, just not sure on the best ordering option to get to the UK.
Acorn Audio in the UK is getting a shipment in this coming week with a v closed or two I believe. May be worth contacting them to grab one!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jun 27, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #4,709 of 9,530
@Pharmaboy thank you for the kind words. @RMarks271 Verite from back in April was the inspiration for these babies.
Of course the ultimate thanks to @zach915m for crafting them!

I never paid much attention to silkwood before--but when it's stained like that, it has my complete attention!

I should ask--what type of metal are the screens & sliders made of? Brass? Hard to tell that from photos.

Whatever that metal is, it's perfect.

Jun 27, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #4,710 of 9,530
Hey everyone! I'll be co-hosting with Resolve on the Headphone show today with special guest ZMF @zach915m and @BooUrns !! two live interviews with them in a week!! I must be breaking some kind of record :wink: I am a lucky guy to get to hang out with them again for sure!!! The show will be live at 2pmPST here is the link

Should be a great show and I'm definitely tuning in to watch this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back