ZMF Verite Open
Sep 20, 2019 at 2:41 AM Post #2,971 of 9,535
At least there's someone who likes HD800 besides me... in the past that is. We're in the minority though.
She's an expensive mistress, not to buy but to get the best out of her. On the other hand I get the impression the Verite will sound good on almost any system. As usual could be wrong.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #2,972 of 9,535
She's an expensive mistress, not to buy but to get the best out of her. On the other hand I get the impression the Verite will sound good on almost any system. As usual could be wrong.

HD800 sounds very good with my Studio Six and Glenn Super 9 but Verite is even much much better with the same tube amps. I have another customised amp to be made by Glenn base on the Telefunken EL11 and EL12spez tubes which I am looking forward to.

Sep 20, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #2,973 of 9,535
The best rendition of 'Love Over Gold' by Dire Straits I've ever heard on Verite Open with Studio Six. Verite is not even one month old but feels like I have it for a long time because I'm listening to music with it every night.

Sep 20, 2019 at 6:43 AM Post #2,974 of 9,535
I find the iTunes compressed format shows through the Verite. I have to play it louder for the songs to sound good. At low volume it's a bit muffled.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #2,975 of 9,535
What pads is everyone using? I'm using the stock pads I guess universe pre installed ones.

Sep 20, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #2,976 of 9,535
I use Universe pads for the 1st day then switch to Verite flat pads and it was clear and full of details. Stayed on that for 2 weeks then swapped back to Universe pads and was surprised at how much I like the warm and the cushion of the pads. I guess by then Verite has open up more and the Universe pads seems fine. I will switch back to Verite flat pads again soon. So it's every 2 weeks I make the switch and it's great with either. :)

Sep 20, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #2,977 of 9,535
Is there some spreadsheet/database where buyers can view the status of their order? I've seen some people mention it on this thread before.

Sep 20, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #2,978 of 9,535
Considering the ZMF Verite open , and considering the Hifiman Arya. Looking for clear sound, crisp treble, extended bass. Really like fast, dynamic headphones. Don't want and overly warm sound.

As a reference point, I have the closed Eikon. While they are good, they sound a bit muffled lacking clarity, and a bit too warm for my taste. On the other hand, I really like how my Elex sound... Clear, dynamic, decent treble and bass. They aren't perfect, but closer to my preferred sound sig than the Eikon.

Any advice from those who have heard both Verite and Arya?

Sep 20, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #2,980 of 9,535
Considering the ZMF Verite open , and considering the Hifiman Arya. Looking for clear sound, crisp treble, extended bass. Really like fast, dynamic headphones. Don't want and overly warm sound.

As a reference point, I have the closed Eikon. While they are good, they sound a bit muffled lacking clarity, and a bit too warm for my taste. On the other hand, I really like how my Elex sound... Clear, dynamic, decent treble and bass. They aren't perfect, but closer to my preferred sound sig than the Eikon.

Any advice from those who have heard both Verite and Arya?

Why not just get a Utopia? There are deals on the Utopia from time to time that put it at roughly the same price point as the Verite. I'm not sure if it'll be better than the Verite, but it has a very similar sound signature to the Elex while improving on the technicalities. The measured FR is nearly identical.

Sep 20, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #2,981 of 9,535
HD800 sounds very good with my Studio Six and Glenn Super 9 but Verite is even much much better with the same tube amps. I have another customised amp to be made by Glenn base on the Telefunken EL11 and EL12spez tubes which I am looking forward to.
Nice collection of amps you have there, wish I still had the Teton to try the Verite on.

Sep 20, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #2,982 of 9,535
Why not just get a Utopia? There are deals on the Utopia from time to time that put it at roughly the same price point as the Verite. I'm not sure if it'll be better than the Verite, but it has a very similar sound signature to the Elex while improving on the technicalities. The measured FR is nearly identical.
Excellent suggestion. Will have to research that...

Just as a follow-up, in what significant ways is the Utopia sound signature different from the Verite?

Sep 20, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #2,983 of 9,535
Excellent suggestion. Will have to research that...

Just as a follow-up, in what significant ways is the Utopia sound signature different from the Verite?
I don’t own either (atm) but have spent time with both. Utopia is brighter and more analytical with smaller soundstage. Verite is equally as resolving but more musical with a larger soundstage. I’m sure others can go into far greater detail of the comparison but those would be my three main points of comparison.

Sep 20, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #2,984 of 9,535
Nice collection of amps you have there, wish I still had the Teton to try the Verite on.

Thanks but you've had the Teton and I've not even heard it. Besides I'm sure you're on to something better if you've move your Teton on. Verite just sound so lovely with tube amps. I should take Verite to a shop that I know well and try it with a Chord TT2. :)

Sep 20, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #2,985 of 9,535
Thanks but you've had the Teton and I've not even heard it. Besides I'm sure you're on to something better if you've move your Teton on. Verite just sound so lovely with tube amps. I should take Verite to a shop that I know well and try it with a Chord TT2. :)
My aim was to get off the tube merry-go-round but find something SS that has most of the attributes of a good tube amp. Graham Tricker (Tron) who built the Antares is predominantly a valve amp builder and that was his main aim when designing the Antares and personally I think he has hit those goals square on.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back