ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Feb 16, 2024 at 7:29 PM Post #12,316 of 12,513
Only the side touching the head is perforated on the Bokeh pads. The other sides of the pads are solid. So I think it might at least be worth a try.

Yeah i have tried it, doesn‘t sound great!

Feb 18, 2024 at 11:56 PM Post #12,317 of 12,513
Okay I've gone through 4 different pads on the verite c now. The original be2 and auteur solid, and then eikon solid in lambskin and ori solid in cowhide. Be2 pads are the thinnest and I personally couldn't give them a shot, as my ears were hurting after a min (with -3db reductions in 8000+). Auteur and eikon if you look at the exact specs, they both have the same 25.4x19.05mm pad thicknesses and 109mm diameter. The only difference between the two pads are the wider ear cavity on the auteur (72 x 58mm vs 72 x 51mm on eikon) which resulted in brighter sound from the auteur. Personally I preferred the slightly darker tuning of the eikon pads vs the brighter auteur pads.

Finally the ori pads on the VC are personally my favorite. I love bass, and while the vc had fantastic bass, I always thought it was missing some decay (bass decayed too fast due to speedy beryllium drivers) and sub-bass. The ori pads remedy the decay very well as the increased "chamber" of the ori pads allow the musical notes to linger a little longer, and with it a bit meatier presence in the bass regions. It was like injecting some of the Atticus DNA into the VC. Upon closer reading on zmf website, it showed that cowhide was the thickest material they had, even thicker than lambskin, allowing for technically a more bass focused sound due to the pads being stiffer and reflecting/reverberating the sound waves more vs letting them "simmer out" like with suede or softer materials (or at least it seems to make sense in my head, someone correct me if I'm wrong). While the bass was meatier due to harder pads vs the softer lambskin eikon/auteur, the treble also seemed to be emphasized more compared to the softer lambskin. So far loving this combination. Amazing how differently you can change the sound on the vc with zmf pads.

Attachments

• vc.jpg
    vc.jpg
    683.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 19, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #12,322 of 12,513
I'm not really into tubes... should I go for VC anyway or maybe should I go for other flag ship closed backs that don't require that much power?
That would be really depend on your preference. What's your favourite open back headphone?

DCA E3 is such an excellent choice for Closed, but would be sound really different compared to VC.

Feb 19, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #12,324 of 12,513
I'm a bit treble sensitive and I like a warm sound signature. I've heard that mojo2 doest have enough power to move E3 properly. I listen mostly classical and jazz but also some rock and hip hop, never metal or edm. What would you suggest?
Perhaps read up on the ZMF Bokeh. It's quite easy to drive, being low impedance/high sensitivity, the first of its kind from ZMF.

Feb 21, 2024 at 3:54 AM Post #12,326 of 12,513
I'm not really into tubes... should I go for VC anyway or maybe should I go for other flag ship closed backs that don't require that much power?
It still sounds fantastic from a Mojo 2. The sensitivity of the VC isn't that high, so it's not as hard to drive as some other headphones. I had both together for around a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back