ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
May 3, 2023 at 4:13 PM Post #11,762 of 12,531
I am very sorry to hear that you are forced to sell gear. My sympathies.

For anyone seeing this and considering a VC purchase, I will say that the VC in Blackwood is an incredible headphone in that the wood increases the speed of the reverb and decay to the point where it allows the VC to have planar-like qualities, which (to me at least) makes it even more immediate and lifelike in its reproduction.

The best part is that it retains the lovely ZMF midrange while not creating harsh treble, which can be more challenging with planars.
You aren't making it easy to sell them :sweat_smile:

May 3, 2023 at 5:59 PM Post #11,764 of 12,531
You aren't making it easy to sell them :sweat_smile:
Was trying to advertise them and make them easier to sell that way!

But completely understand that it’s challenging to let them go… 🥲

May 22, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #11,768 of 12,531
Are you looking to tune it to neutral, or bump a particular area up?

I have a profile on my RME for the VC — essentially just a subtle bass shelf. I’ve found that it takes EQ very well, which isn’t too surprising considering the Be drivers and Zach’s acoustics genius.

That being said, I’ve lately been using the Universe Lambs and don’t really bother with EQ.

May 22, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #11,770 of 12,531
I was wondering if anyone eq’s their vc? And how it responds to it in general. I owned a pair before but never tried that.
what kind of pads are you using?

May 22, 2023 at 3:08 PM Post #11,772 of 12,531
The dip in the mids I think on the 3k to 4k range
1684782137979.png

This simple EQ does indeed sound fantastic. Changes the presentation from being more laid back to more present and engaging. Guitars and symbols have more bite. Vocals are more present in the mix.

It also removes some of that echo/reverb sensation that is a bit of a love-or-hate relationship.
To answer your question, yes these take EQ very well. I'm not detecting any downsides to applying EQ. No weird resonances or drowning out of something else -- and this is with an added bass shelf which is more likely to cause issues.

Note, my pair are African Blackwood -- you may experience something slightly different with softer wood cups.

I think this may be my new profile for when I want to apply EQ... lol

Last edited:
May 22, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #11,774 of 12,531
1684782137979.png
This simple EQ does indeed sound fantastic. Changes the presentation from being more laid back to more present and engaging. Guitars and symbols have more bite. Vocals are more present in the mix.

It also removes some of that echo/reverb sensation that is a bit of a love-or-hate relationship.
To answer your question, yes these take EQ very well. I'm not detecting any downsides to applying EQ. No weird resonances or drowning out of something else -- and this is with an added bass shelf which is more likely to cause issues.

Note, my pair are African Blackwood -- you may experience something slightly different with softer wood cups.

I think this may be my new profile for when I want to apply EQ... lol
I agree with the above. I tried many different pads but while they definitely have an influence on the sound, none could really fill that hole. EQ however works well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back