ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Jan 30, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #9,391 of 12,513
Hi all, I have a new set of VC's that I got myself for Christmas. Managed to corrupt my dad with them and get him into the hobby, which is another story.

Unfortunately I'm starting to notice a bit of resonance in my left channel. Could just be my ears (they're quite sensitive due to tubes in them plus bad tinnitus). I'm running Roon/Qobuz (Windows 11) > iFi Neo > VC with lambskin Universe pads. Any guesses why the resonance might be happening?

I'm a tiny bit worried my dad might have damaged the driver by turning them up very loud but I don't think that would really affect things, realistically.

Jan 30, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #9,392 of 12,513

Attachments

• 134E3CBF-1498-495D-B0D4-92B8FECE3F5D.jpeg
    134E3CBF-1498-495D-B0D4-92B8FECE3F5D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Jan 30, 2022 at 7:15 PM Post #9,393 of 12,513
Jan 30, 2022 at 7:40 PM Post #9,396 of 12,513
The Glenn otl rocks low impedance headphones.

My Glenn might be available in a month or two. 👀
Ooo never thought it id see the day! What is going to/has replaced your beloved Glenn?

Jan 30, 2022 at 8:06 PM Post #9,397 of 12,513
That is my only worry. I would like to find a tube amp that can be more versatile.
The Ampsandsound offerings are really versatile - that includes the ZMF Pendant and the exclusive-to-headphones.com Forge. I’ve not managed to try it myself but supposedly the Forge and Mogwai SE can even drive a Susvara or Abyss 1266 to their potential.

Jan 30, 2022 at 9:22 PM Post #9,399 of 12,513
Ooo never thought it id see the day! What is going to/has replaced your beloved Glenn?
I'm having another custom amp built, with double mono attenuation, some passive outputs, etc...

I'm throwing in some great tubes into the deal as well. Someone will be very happy. :)

Jan 31, 2022 at 12:51 AM Post #9,400 of 12,513
That is my only worry. I would like to find a tube amp that can be more versatile.

I personally use a Woo Audio WA22 with my VC and they sound great. Best part is their pre-amp capability, which gives you more flexibility. I like the hybrid sound that a tube pre into a solid state creates - especially with VC's.

Jan 31, 2022 at 3:30 AM Post #9,401 of 12,513
I personally use a Woo Audio WA22 with my VC and they sound great. Best part is their pre-amp capability, which gives you more flexibility. I like the hybrid sound that a tube pre into a solid state creates - especially with VC's.
The WA22 is definitely on my shortlist. I agree the tube pre into a ss would be cool to have. What would you say the sound signature of the WA22 is? Is it more warm gooey , more analytical and smoothed over, or a combination of both. I don't know what I want as far as sound goes because this is a first for me. I know I don't want it to sound completely like a ss amp. I definitely want some warmth I think but not straight gooey tubes though. I guess a mixture.

Jan 31, 2022 at 3:47 AM Post #9,402 of 12,513
I don't know what I want as far as sound goes because this is a first for me. I know I don't want it to sound completely like a ss amp. I definitely want some warmth I think but not straight gooey tubes though. I guess a mixture.
This is what I personally love about Bottlehead's house sound. They hit the Goldilocks spot for me.

Jan 31, 2022 at 6:22 AM Post #9,403 of 12,513
The WA22 is definitely on my shortlist. I agree the tube pre into a ss would be cool to have. What would you say the sound signature of the WA22 is? Is it more warm gooey , more analytical and smoothed over, or a combination of both. I don't know what I want as far as sound goes because this is a first for me. I know I don't want it to sound completely like a ss amp. I definitely want some warmth I think but not straight gooey tubes though. I guess a mixture.
In that price point I’d look into DNA amps. Best amps I’ve ever heard with the Zmf lineup and I’ve heard quite a few in the last 10 years. Ex. Ampsandsound galore, Eddie current, lta, gotl, ecp, pendant, woo audio, schiit, ps audio, benchmark etc..

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 6:35 AM Post #9,405 of 12,513
In that price point I’d look into DNA amps. Best amps I’ve ever heard with the Zmf lineup and I’ve heard quite a few in the last 10 years. Ex. Ampsandsound galore, Eddie current, lta, gotl, ecp, pendant, woo audio, schiit, ps audio, benchmark etc..
Never heard of DNA before. I'll check that out. If I can come up with the money I know of a fully stocked Glenn amp I might buy. I have heard nothing but good things about Glenn amps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back