ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Dec 24, 2021 at 1:58 AM Post #8,881 of 12,522
Way to up your game! Congrats on a great score. Next up might be a good tube amp if you don’t already have one.

It’s not totally necessary mind you, the VC sounds fantastic on SS too. It’s just that if you’re partial to tube amps. The VC really works well with them.

Thank you very much! I think, down the line, I could see myself getting a tube amp. I ended up starting with SS because I needed to upgrade from modi/magni stack and I wanted something that would work for really any headphone I could get now and moving forward. Once the wallet recovers a bit I think it's likely I'll add a tube amp down the line on top of it.

As an side, I really can't get over the bass these headphones produce. It is clean as hell but it is THICK and has fantastic rumble. I don't think I've ever heard bass presented so well before. Oh, and the imaging is pretty gnarly (in a good way). I've discovered Yosi Horikawa and I've gone down a rabbit hole of ridiculous songs that really put the VC's through their paces

Dec 24, 2021 at 4:16 AM Post #8,882 of 12,522
Thank you very much! I think, down the line, I could see myself getting a tube amp. I ended up starting with SS because I needed to upgrade from modi/magni stack and I wanted something that would work for really any headphone I could get now and moving forward. Once the wallet recovers a bit I think it's likely I'll add a tube amp down the line on top of it.

As an side, I really can't get over the bass these headphones produce. It is clean as hell but it is THICK and has fantastic rumble. I don't think I've ever heard bass presented so well before. Oh, and the imaging is pretty gnarly (in a good way). I've discovered Yosi Horikawa and I've gone down a rabbit hole of ridiculous songs that really put the VC's through their paces
I have the Camphor burl as well. It does have a very rich and resonant bass. I don’t know how it compares to other VC’s, but for me the bass feels closer to real than anything else I’ve heard. Maybe subtly enhanced real.

My clears are a little more accurate and cleaner on the bass, but the VC’s provide better suspension of disbelief- it’s easier to imagine the artist is right in front of you on a stage because the VC bass has an alive quality.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #8,883 of 12,522
I have had mine over a month now and I am still blown away by them. The isolation, the sound stage, the imaging, the bass, the resolve. Vocals on well recorded music wow.
It is the closest I have ever been to the sound I imagine as being perfect (for myself).

I have said it before but I will say it again. I am so glad of this forum and the chats about gear. I was looking for the perfect closed back for me and I found it by reading threads here. Thanks guy's Happy holidays.

Dec 24, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #8,884 of 12,522
My VC arrived just in time for Christmas.
Currently driven using SPL Phonitor XE and would like to save up for a tube amp. Targeting the soon to launch Cayin HA-300 mk2. Wonder is that would be a good match or do you guys have any better recommendation, please do share and Merry Christmas to all the head-fiers
C5CEF493-3761-4A60-9BAA-882E1E3FB02D.jpeg

Dec 24, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #8,885 of 12,522
Hi, is there any good eq settings for Verite Closed with RME ADI DAC 2 fs (5 Band peq)
Ty
I run my VC EQ'd via the ADI-2 DAC fs. These are my own settings based on Crinacle's measurements:

B1 - peak filter
G -1.5
F 100
Q 1.0

B2 - reserved for later tweaks

B3 - peak filter
G +1.5
F 1.7 kHz
Q 1.0

B4 - peak filter
G +4.0
F 3.1 kHz
Q 2.5

B5 - optional peak filter, you may skip this
G -1.5
F 5.5 kHz
Q 3.0

These tweaks aim to:
- tame the bass response to make it more linear (B1),
- raise mids to add more presence (B3)
- and compensate for the dip in the FR around 3 kHz (B4).

What works for me may need further tweaking to sound good to you. Play around with the settings and let me know what you think.

Dec 24, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #8,886 of 12,522
I run my VC EQ'd via the ADI-2 DAC fs. These are my own settings based on Crinacle's measurements:

B1 - peak filter
G -1.5
F 100
Q 1.0

B2 - reserved for later tweaks

B3 - peak filter

G +1.5
F 1.7 kHz
Q 1.0

B4 - peak filter
G +4.0
F 3.1 kHz
Q 2.5

B5 - optional peak filter, you may skip this
G -1.5
F 5.5 kHz
Q 3.0

These tweaks aim to:
- tame the bass response to make it more linear (B1),
- raise mids to add more presence (B3)
- and compensate for the dip in the FR around 3 kHz (B4).

What works for me may need further tweaking to sound good to you. Play around with the settings and let me know what you think.
Ty so much dude i will try your settings today and i share my thoughts.

Dec 24, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #8,887 of 12,522
Ty so much dude i will try your settings today and i share my thoughts.
Remember to change B1 and B5 to peak filters. They are set to shelf filters by default. Made me mess up my first try at EQing the VC when I forgot to change B5 to peak filter.

Dec 24, 2021 at 11:20 PM Post #8,889 of 12,522
Made myself a new short cable with miniaturized mini-xlr. Mostly this was a case of "I did it because I could, not because I should".

Surprisingly sounds pretty good balanced out of the Qudelix and is nice when I don't want to be tied to my desktop. The other cool thing is I can leave it hanging like a necklace or use a hair tie to attach it to the gimbal on either side. Necklace is great for taking calls with the Qudelix mic, attached better for doing chores with good tunes.

It looks ridiculous and I need to finish the ends of the mini-xlr connectors, but pretty pleased with how it came out.

Dec 25, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #8,890 of 12,522
Made myself a new short cable with miniaturized mini-xlr. Mostly this was a case of "I did it because I could, not because I should".

Surprisingly sounds pretty good balanced out of the Qudelix and is nice when I don't want to be tied to my desktop. The other cool thing is I can leave it hanging like a necklace or use a hair tie to attach it to the gimbal on either side. Necklace is great for taking calls with the Qudelix mic, attached better for doing chores with good tunes.

It looks ridiculous and I need to finish the ends of the mini-xlr connectors, but pretty pleased with how it came out.
I’ve been thinking about doing the same thing. Now I’ve seen it … parts ordered will be in my future.

Dec 25, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #8,891 of 12,522
Merry Christmas to Zach, Bevin and the rest of the ZMF team and community 🎄👻🍾

Dec 25, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #8,892 of 12,522
ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Dec 25, 2021 at 11:52 PM Post #8,894 of 12,522
I have a somewhat off-topic question about shipping to Canada. I recently sold my Verite Closed to a buyer in Canada, and the transaction went smoothly up until yesterday when I got a notification from UPS about import fees due on the shipment before it can be delivered. Without getting into the specifics, it is a shockingly large fee!

I have never sold anything to anyone outside of the US before, and this fee really caught me and the buyer off guard. Should a Canadian have been well aware of this import tax before buying something from a US seller? At no point did we have any discussion about what to put on the “declared value” section of the customs form. I proceeded to put the exact amount that he bought the headphones for on the form. It’s also the same amount that I insured the package for. Needless to say, I do feel very bad for the buyer in this situation. I don’t feel responsible though, if that makes sense.

I’ve let the buyer know of the import fee due and sent him the link so he can pay it online if he chooses to do so. I’m just a little worried he might opt to refuse the shipment and request a refund through PayPal. This would not be a big deal if we were talking about PortaPros, but this is a LTD Verite Closed and involves a relatively large amount of money. The buyer did respond to my email and acknowledge his shock with the amount of the fee, but he has not paid it or told me explicitly that he plans to pay it. Any advice for me as the seller in this situation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back