ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Dec 22, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #8,866 of 12,506
The VC aren't like any hp I've ever heard in terms of staging. The vocals sound like I'm standing on the stage with the singer. I can't put my finger on it but there's a disorientating weirdness like Z said in his video crowning these the based closed back hp. I'm looking forward to trying the suede pads.
May be a long shot, but can you try a different cable? Sometimes wiring out of phase can cause something similar

Dec 22, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #8,867 of 12,506
Can someone remind me which pads come with these stabilized cans? I know 2 of them are Auteur Lamb solid and BE2 Lamb solid. Which is the third one? Thanks!
So for my Epoxy VC pair, they came with the Autuer Lambskin preinstalled, the Universe Lambskin inside the wooden case and BE2 Verite Lambskin pads in a separate zip bag outside the wooden case.

I ended up enjoying the Universe Pads the most, I went ahead and purchased the Autuer Hybrid pads becuase of all the praise it got, hopefully it improves the tonality even more over the Universe pads.

The VC are much more interesting and more impressive in design than the VO imo. It is a closed back with 1 air vent on each cup, it doesn't sound like any closed back I've tried. With the VC, I notice more richer layering and imaging.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #8,868 of 12,506
So for my Epoxy VC pair, they came with the Autuer Lambskin preinstalled, the Universe Lambskin inside the wooden case and BE2 Verite Lambskin pads in a separate zip bag outside the wooden case.

I ended up enjoying the Universe Pads the most, I went ahead and purchased the Autuer Hybrid pads becuase of all the praise it got, hopefully it improves the tonality even more over the Universe pads.
Thanks, mine came exactly the same way. Looking forward to trying these out!

Dec 23, 2021 at 5:45 AM Post #8,870 of 12,506
I received a Pilot Pad today and managed to fit it around the leather strap on my rather hefty Olive VC. It was a tight fit, but the Velcro seems strong enough to keep it in place. It really does make it feel like there’s a pillow on top of your head.

I also got a Co-Pilot Pad and installed it on my Blackwood Auteur. It’s very nice as well, and I can’t say which I prefer at this point. I will say this, the Velcro is much weaker on the Co-Pilot for some reason. Since it’s a bit wider than the Pilot Pad, I think it will stay put without much issue, but only time will tell. Worst case scenario, I’ll take the leather strap off and put it around the headband instead.

The last exciting thing in the package was my long-awaited 2K Copper XLR to 1/4” adapter. Now I can finally use my balanced 2K Copper cable with all my ZMF headphones!
I have the same problem with my co-pilot pad coming apart. The problem is made worse as I have a bald head so when I take my VCs off my head 'normally' the bottom half sticks to my head and the top half comes off with the headphones. These things aren't cheap and they only have one job to do so this this is bit disappointing.

Does anyone know if the new Crescent bands are going to be available to purchase as an accessory?

Dec 23, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #8,871 of 12,506
"The green One" named Alchemist arrived me today and they sound amazing:heart_eyes:

VC links.jpg
VC rechts.jpg

Dec 23, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #8,873 of 12,506
Oh, hello there Bahir.

IMG_2366.jpg

IMG_2367.jpg

IMG_2368.jpg

IMG_2369.jpg

IMG_2370.jpg

IMG_2371.jpg

Dec 23, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #8,876 of 12,506
Ok, so I've decided and I'm going to be putting up my Acastris IX (the blue one) epoxy stabilized set for sale and keep the Saimaa :) It's too mesmerizing for me to let go.

Listing will be up soon. I'll also be selling my Olive LTD VC as well.

20211220_120006.jpg
Saimaa was one of my top choice. Guess I lost to you in the race lolz. Happy to know you are keeping it.

Dec 23, 2021 at 11:22 PM Post #8,878 of 12,506
And BOOM! My B-stock VC's in Camphor Burl just arrived today. Outside of the looks, which are of course absolutely incredible, the sound of these things is phenomenal. This is my first set of GOOD closed back headphones (Currently just have Bose NC 700's before this) and this ticks ALL of the boxes. I know I'm running on a limited amount of time but the detail, exciting presentation and the BASS are absolutely incredible to me. These blow my Sennhseiser 660's out of the water (which I had anticipated of course). The soundstage is honestly very impressive for a closed back and I can't wait to get many, many more hours with these.

Curious for anyone on the thread, does anyone know pads come with the B-stock VC's? Of course I'm interested in pad swaps to see how that changes things as well :)

Attachments

• ZMF1.jpeg
    ZMF1.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • ZMF2.jpeg
    ZMF2.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 23, 2021 at 11:29 PM Post #8,879 of 12,506
Congrats, and welcome to game over land!

Unless ZMF did a stealth swap, the stock pads attached should be Auteur non perf pads. I think the Universe pads come as well.

Enjoy your new headphones. Theyre only going to get better as the hours pass.

Dec 24, 2021 at 1:46 AM Post #8,880 of 12,506
And BOOM! My B-stock VC's in Camphor Burl just arrived today. Outside of the looks, which are of course absolutely incredible, the sound of these things is phenomenal. This is my first set of GOOD closed back headphones (Currently just have Bose NC 700's before this) and this ticks ALL of the boxes. I know I'm running on a limited amount of time but the detail, exciting presentation and the BASS are absolutely incredible to me. These blow my Sennhseiser 660's out of the water (which I had anticipated of course). The soundstage is honestly very impressive for a closed back and I can't wait to get many, many more hours with these.

Curious for anyone on the thread, does anyone know pads come with the B-stock VC's? Of course I'm interested in pad swaps to see how that changes things as well :)
Way to up your game! Congrats on a great score. Next up might be a good tube amp if you don’t already have one.

It’s not totally necessary mind you, the VC sounds fantastic on SS too. It’s just that if you’re partial to tube amps. The VC really works well with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back