ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Nov 10, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #8,313 of 12,527
Holy moly for those who found that their Verite Closed may not fit your small noggin well, definitely try the suede strap. I just swapped mine from the leather strap and it fit so much better I could even move the gimbals up one or two notches on the rods!

I originally had them all the way in. The suede also holds onto my head pretty well and I no longer feel like the headphones are going to slide off :D

Additionally, I've also tried the Auteur Hybrid pads and I really like how they sound. My main pads were the Universe Lambskin for around a month but I wanted to pad roll and see what kind of pads I'd like. I was worried I'd miss some of the bass from the Universe but the bass is still really satisfying on these! The instrument separation feels similar though they don't feel as fast as the Universe; still gotta do some more listening!

Nov 10, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #8,316 of 12,527
Wow, mine barely fit with the rods completely extended.
Me too.
Also, the my 555 grams Olive Wood Ltd w/ magnesium frame and copper rods definitely feels like 555 grams on my head. This is a big, heavy headphone. Beautiful, yes, but lets not kid ourselves about the size or weight.

Nov 10, 2021 at 8:19 PM Post #8,320 of 12,527
Nov 10, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #8,321 of 12,527
I have a 7 5/8” head size, one of the largest typically sold for fitted hats and always a L/XL if a hat has general sizing. By objective measurement I have a large head, and even with the rods at their shortest length my ZMF headphones sometimes feel like they are slightly too tall. It’s kind of funny but I can’t figure it out.

Nov 10, 2021 at 9:21 PM Post #8,322 of 12,527
I have a 7 5/8” head size, one of the largest typically sold for fitted hats and always a L/XL if a hat has general sizing. By objective measurement I have a large head, and even with the rods at their shortest length my ZMF headphones sometimes feel like they are slightly too tall. It’s kind of funny but I can’t figure it out.

High ears or low scalp? :p

Nov 10, 2021 at 10:01 PM Post #8,325 of 12,527
Hah that’s a good point. The head must not be standard issue.
My ears are a bit higher up on my head than the norm I guess. I have a hard time finding hats to fit my head S/M are too tight but L/XL are too big. I have to wear most headphones on the smallest setting. The suede band really helped with that in exactly the way you described.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back