ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Nov 5, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #8,296 of 12,524
@Akiravelvet "...smaller amount vapor deposited onto the surface of another material to get the speed and sonic properties of Be, but without the bright “nasties” that can come with a pure metallic driver." - zach

5t4zii.jpg

I am really thankful that zmf puts so much work into matching technology with their ideal sound. I have tried atticus, aeolus and auteur but still searched for similar characteristics with better technicalities. one hint of metallic or plastic sheen on things ruins an experience for myself.

can someone please explain vapor deposits now.
Vapor deposits love that picture, the dude looks wasted

Nov 5, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #8,297 of 12,524
Those look stunning...

Any idea what the resin does for the weight of the headphones? I am looking to get myself a Vérité Closed, and I'd love a stabilized version, but am a bit put off by the weights of some of them that go over 550 grams.
Mine are 571g with magnesium, stainless rods, and suede universe pads. I know the black rods shave off some weight. I have several neck disc issues and they've mostly been fine, though I did add a suede co-pilot. If I didn't have those issues I could easily tolerate even more weight and even 571g doesn't actually feel that heavy wearing them. My biggest problem with the stabilized VC is that I can't have them all!

Nov 5, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #8,298 of 12,524
Mine are 571g with magnesium, stainless rods, and suede universe pads. I know the black rods shave off some weight. I have several neck disc issues and they've mostly been fine, though I did add a suede co-pilot. If I didn't have those issues I could easily tolerate even more weight and even 571g doesn't actually feel that heavy wearing them. My biggest problem with the stabilized VC is that I can't have them all!
Thanks for sharing. I'm currently struggling a bit with my LCD-XC, though they didn't really bother me much in the beginning, I find they're starting to annoy me after a few hours these days. Maybe it's more the fit and less the weight (they're 656 grams).

I hear you though... those stabilized VC make me greedy too! So many pretty ones... Most of these other woods are beautiful as well though, and as added bonus they are a bit lighter and cheaper too. I'll see if I can snatch up a nice pair during ZMF November, otherwise I'll probably just order a Sapele version.

Nov 6, 2021 at 12:17 AM Post #8,299 of 12,524
Nov 6, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #8,300 of 12,524
Just made a cable for my VC. I used jumpers between the + and - pin pairs in the mini XLR connectors. Did I need to do that or would it have worked if I only connected to one of each pin, i. e. 2 pins instead of 4?

Rhodium plated 1/4" jack, silver plated litz wire, and silver solder:20211106_081823.jpg

Nov 6, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #8,301 of 12,524
Just made a cable for my VC. I used jumpers between the + and - pin pairs in the mini XLR connectors. Did I need to do that or would it have worked if I only connected to one of each pin, i. e. 2 pins instead of 4?

Rhodium plated 1/4" jack, silver plated litz wire, and silver solder:20211106_081823.jpg

Never seen a headphone where connecting 1 and 3 only wouldn’t be enough

Nov 6, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #8,302 of 12,524
Never seen a headphone where connecting 1 and 3 only wouldn’t be enough
I saw someone else use jumpers so I did the same to be safe, but it makes sense that only 2 would be needed. This will save me a lot of effort on future cables.

Nov 6, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #8,303 of 12,524
I saw someone else use jumpers so I did the same to be safe, but it makes sense that only 2 would be needed. This will save me a lot of effort on future cables.
You dont need the jumpers. I confirmed this with Zach in making mine. It will be more rugged though.

Nov 8, 2021 at 10:33 PM Post #8,305 of 12,524
wow, those new blackwood verite closed look really good. i love the darker woodsfrom zmf such as my cocpbolo atticus
Love the dark woods also as in my Verite closed.

Nov 9, 2021 at 12:05 AM Post #8,307 of 12,524
Yes its gorgeous. Blackwood looks amazing. The new headband is also quite interesting. Is that available as a refit option for previous Verite's Zach. Still wondering about getting some copper rods and maybe even some end pieces or gymbals in copper to accent my leopardwoods. I have even considered selling my leopards and squeezing the piggy once again because blackwood is so amazing! But I really want to put a triode in my system and so I think the leopards will continue to growl nicely and after all the leopardwood really looks good with some of my other wood accents in the system like Waterfall Bubinga on my computer and my bugundy copper splatter paint job on my computer case. It's all good! One of these day I suspect you will finally go back to a custom planar driver and then I will scrape and go blackwood again if its available. But a superlative triode has to come first. The Airmid from LordGwyn was where I was heading first quarter next year but oh well. Congrats on that 45 he is building you Zach. Frickin awesome no doubt. Insterstage tranies, ultimate stage coupling, those Lundahl trannies no doubt will sing with globe 45's.

Truly, happy listening to you, you deserve it, A triode under the tree for the holidays. A very thermogenic November to you,

jgwtriode

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #8,308 of 12,524

Nov 9, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #8,309 of 12,524

Users who are viewing this thread

Back