ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Apr 3, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #5,431 of 12,497
Can we please have more reviews of ZMF headphones 🎧 in this format as it relives the boredom of lockdown apart from when I am listening to music.

Check out on YouTube, there is a part 2 & 3 as well. Very entertaining.

Apr 3, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #5,432 of 12,497
I found the Bendix 6080WB here but the seller is asking $995.
You should be able to get one for much more reasonable than that the lowest I found was $75 but I think that was used tested strong they are probably more around 150 new (I haven’t been shopping for them recently more like a year ago so things may have changed). I think that guy has been trying to sell that tube at an insane price for a while and he lists it as some ultra rare version when I don’t need a museum piece and I wouldn’t care if it was the first tube bendix ever created or whatever his reasoning is.

Apr 3, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #5,433 of 12,497
You should be able to get one for much more reasonable than that the lowest I found was $75 but I think that was used tested strong they are probably more around 150 new (I haven’t been shopping for them recently more like a year ago so things may have changed). I think that guy has been trying to sell that tube at an insane price for a while and he lists it as some ultra rare version when I don’t need a museum piece and I wouldn’t care if it was the first tube bendix ever created or whatever his reasoning is.
And for what it’s worth, it’s not even a true Bendix, it’s a Hytron copying the Bendix style. From what I have read Bendix never licensed out its designs to other tube manufacturers and all of their tooling equipment was destroyed after they closed up shop. This was from a gentleman that worked there in the 70s as well as his father and uncle during their hey day.

Apr 3, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #5,434 of 12,497
I found the Bendix 6080WB here but the seller is asking $995.
Thats absurd!
Typically the go for around 4-500.00 a pair, which still isnt a bargain, but it is what it is.
Welcome to the wonderful world of tube rolling, where if the headphones and amps and DACs and cables dont drain your savings account, the tubes will.

Apr 3, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #5,436 of 12,497
Thats absurd!
Typically the go for around 4-500.00 a pair, which still isnt a bargain, but it is what it is.
Welcome to the wonderful world of tube rolling, where if the headphones and amps and DACs and cables dont drain your savings account, the tubes will.

Haha, yeah been there, done that in one of my previous life :wink:

I will go with the Tung Sol 5998 or the Chatham 6as7g unless I can find a good deal on the Bendix.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #5,437 of 12,497
Just keep an eye out for the Bendix. Theyre getting harder and harder to find. You can also call Brent Jesse or one of the other tube dealers. Their prices arent good, but you will most likely get a guarantee on the tubes and wont get scammed.

Apr 3, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #5,438 of 12,497
I have the BH crack and it does magic to my 6xx, but as much as I hear people say zmfs pair well with tube amps, it doesn't with my VC. I'm not sure why that is if I'm to be honest. I have a Feliks Elise coming my way so hopefully that will pair well with the VC.
I have Elise, makes my ZMF Auteur sing! I think you are in for a treat.

Apr 3, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #5,439 of 12,497
Hello, i had a small question regarding the pads,

how can i differentiate between Auteur & Universe pads? i got them all mixed by mistake before marking them. To the eye, the look exactly the same unfortunately. i checked ZMF website, and the dimensions are almost the same (give or take a couple of mm here and there).

thank you in advance.

Note: I apologize if the placement of the question came in the wrong thread.

Apr 3, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #5,440 of 12,497
Apr 3, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #5,442 of 12,497
Love seeing all the different woods. I'll post mine someday. Also, the paint scratched off your rods Wes looks pretty sick.
I am fixing that, with new rods. The original owner customized them, but I prefer black, and have them on the way.

Apr 3, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #5,443 of 12,497
So, Cocobolo is the new VC LTD wood?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back