ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Dec 7, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #4,156 of 12,522
Awesome headphones! Got mine last week and as expected they are endgame worthy. Music sounds present and has an open soundstage. They look so premium irl. Surprisingly light and comfortable. Only downside is my neck feels cramped/stiff and I feel some pain after about 2 hours of use even while reclining in a chair. This is probably due to my relatively poor posture and a thin-ish neck. Overall a great product despite the downside.

Dec 7, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #4,157 of 12,522
Awesome headphones! Got mine last week and as expected they are endgame worthy. Music sounds present and has an open soundstage. They look so premium irl. Surprisingly light and comfortable. Only downside is my neck feels cramped/stiff and I feel some pain after about 2 hours of use even while reclining in a chair. This is probably due to my relatively poor posture and a thin-ish neck. Overall a great product despite the downside.
After sometime your neck gets used to heavy headphones.

Dec 7, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #4,158 of 12,522
The spreadsheet has finally been posted for all of us that made ZMF November purchases. I know I will be checking it far more often than is healthy.

Dec 7, 2020 at 9:41 PM Post #4,160 of 12,522
I'll say it again (even though nobody asked): The VC are a stunning ACHIEVEMENT in headphones. They manage to be super resolving without being fatiguing. The key word here is RESOLUTION. It's one thing to sound extra "detailed" due to extra high end sizzle. It's quite another to be extra detailed WITHOUT being strident or harsh. It's one thing to have great bass while being soft and boomy with an extra midbass hump with not much below. It's quite another to have bass that digs deep and hits hard WITHOUT being boomy or bloated or over-emphasized. Zach has accomplished all of the above and people are (finally) starting to notice!

Dec 8, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #4,161 of 12,522
I'll say it again (even though nobody asked): The VC are a stunning ACHIEVEMENT in headphones. They manage to be super resolving without being fatiguing. The key word here is RESOLUTION. It's one thing to sound extra "detailed" due to extra high end sizzle. It's quite another to be extra detailed WITHOUT being strident or harsh. It's one thing to have great bass while being soft and boomy with an extra midbass hump with not much below. It's quite another to have bass that digs deep and hits hard WITHOUT being boomy or bloated or over-emphasized. Zach has accomplished all of the above and people are (finally) starting to notice!
Don't forget about the amazing sound stage and imaging! I don't think I've listened to another closed back with a wider sound stage. And the positioning is so clear. Listen to YYZ and hear the drum fills go from right to left without a gap. So sweet.

Of course, different pads will give you different characteristics but that's also a big plus about these headphones. Pad rolling gives you so many options!

Dec 8, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #4,162 of 12,522
Don't forget about the amazing sound stage and imaging! I don't think I've listened to another closed back with a wider sound stage. And the positioning is so clear. Listen to YYZ and hear the drum fills go from right to left without a gap. So sweet.

Of course, different pads will give you different characteristics but that's also a big plus about these headphones. Pad rolling gives you so many options!

Love the Rush reference!

- from YYZ (Toronto) :wink:

Dec 9, 2020 at 5:28 AM Post #4,163 of 12,522
Perhaps, time will tell. I'm re-discovering my playlists with the VC with some songs sounding different - and better - than before. I just have to get used to how heavy they are as you said and maybe work on my posture!

Give it time, the weight thing eventually goes away...all of my headphones would be considered heavy, but at this point I never even give it a thought anymore.

Dec 9, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #4,164 of 12,522
Perhaps, time will tell. I'm re-discovering my playlists with the VC with some songs sounding different - and better - than before. I just have to get used to how heavy they are as you said and maybe work on my posture!
One thing that helped the headphones feel lighter to me (and ultimately more comfortable) was replacing the stock suspension band with the co-pilot. I went with suede myself but it looks like that option is not available at the moment.

Dec 11, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #4,166 of 12,522
I now heard that different wood makes different sound.
Zach has said many times that the most differences you will hear from one wood to the next is decay. If you like a fast sharp decay you opt for harder woods. For a longer decay you opt for softer woods. Pore size in the wood also makes a difference, but i will allow others more well versed on the topic than I explain the hows and whys.

I had a chance a couple of years ago to compare two Verite open side by side for a couple of weeks in my home. The differences were so small, that i dont think I couldve guessed correctly doing a blind test.

Dec 12, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #4,168 of 12,522
UPDATE Verite Closed Leopardwood sound too dark for me, my Ether Flow sound bright compared to it...
So Camphor Burl is my g2g VC wood.

Dec 13, 2020 at 9:16 PM Post #4,170 of 12,522
What are the go to pads for the VC? Which pads do you guys prefer and why? I am currently in the process of finishing up my review of ZMF pads for the Auteurs and can certainly use some info to do the same for my VC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back