ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Jun 16, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #2,926 of 12,463
Nailed it. IDK how @heliosphann managed to take any notes for his compendium, but he succeed admirably.

I'm right in the middle of working on my VO pad review. Takes a lot of organization, concentration and pad swapping. I think I can swap out a pair in under 30 seconds now. I want to start challenging people to a ZMF PAD SWAP OFF! Winner get's the other persons headphone... :wink:

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #2,927 of 12,463
I'm right in the middle of working on my VO pad review. Takes a lot of organization, concentration and pad swapping. I think I can swap out a pair in under 30 seconds now. I want to start challenging people to ZMF PAD SWAP OFF! Winner get's the other persons headphone... :wink:
Alrighty then, I'll swap you any ZMF pads you want, duct taped to my Beats Solo3 for your ZMF headphones (any of them).
GO! :D

Jun 16, 2020 at 8:47 PM Post #2,929 of 12,463
Hey guys how are the Verite closed for hip hop and rap? Would the closed be better or open for this genre of music?
I’m honestly thinking Eikon over the Verite if you’re mainly listening to hip hop and rap. They slam a bit harder and have more bass presence in general. Not that the VC doesn’t have good bass, but the Eikon has a bit more. I’m not huge into those genres But when I dabble I grab the Eikon (and even the Atticus) before the VC. As for open or closed I only own the closed so I can’t give anything meaningful there.

Jun 16, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #2,930 of 12,463
I had the exact same issue with the right cup coming unscrewed. Really worried me the first time it happened, but was all good once I realized nothing broke! Now i just check it out of habit and give it a half twist or so if I notice some space between the gimbal and the rod. Great review!
Which way do they twist to tighten, I'm assuming outwards i.e pad facing in -> pad facing out -> pad facing back in? Tried playing with it by twisting a few times but it wasn't obvious it was making any difference...

Jun 16, 2020 at 11:17 PM Post #2,931 of 12,463
I'm right in the middle of working on my VO pad review. Takes a lot of organization, concentration and pad swapping. I think I can swap out a pair in under 30 seconds now. I want to start challenging people to ZMF PAD SWAP OFF! Winner get's the other persons headphone... :wink:
Is there a Verite Closed pad review on the way? Would be great to compare your thoughts with what's already been said by Monsterzero, Heliosphann* and any others that I haven't discovered yet.

*Thanks for the link, jinxy245!! 👍

Jun 16, 2020 at 11:27 PM Post #2,932 of 12,463
Is there a Verite Closed pad review on the way? Would be great to compare your thoughts with what's already been said by Monsterzero, Heliosphann* and any others that I haven't discovered yet.

*Thanks for the link, jinxy245!! 👍
No problem! I'm assuming you meant to tag @believehifi though since you mentioned heliosphann and his link in your post though...

Jun 16, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #2,933 of 12,463
I’m honestly thinking Eikon over the Verite if you’re mainly listening to hip hop and rap. They slam a bit harder and have more bass presence in general. Not that the VC doesn’t have good bass, but the Eikon has a bit more. I’m not huge into those genres But when I dabble I grab the Eikon (and even the Atticus) before the VC. As for open or closed I only own the closed so I can’t give anything meaningful there.

Well, this comes as a surprise. I'm thinking of getting the Verite closed (VC) back headphone mostly (not entirely) for rock music. Bass is important to me, but I want it to be deep and punchy, but NOT boomy. So is there a consensus that the Eikon has better bass than the Verite Closed? Presumably the VC is faster and more resolving, and overall "better" than the Eikon, correct or not?*

*Wow, looking at this post even I think it looks like these may be stupid and potentially unanswerable questions. But I still want to hear what you guys have to say, so.......

Jun 16, 2020 at 11:50 PM Post #2,934 of 12,463
No problem! I'm assuming you meant to tag @believehifi though since you mentioned heliosphann and his link in your post though...
I was doing multiple things: First, asking believehifi if he was planning a Verite Closed pad review; second, acknowledging Monsterzero and Heliosphann for their prior helpful comments; and third, using an asterisk after "Heliosphann" to thank you for the link to his (Heliosphann's) pad review, which I'm embarrassed to admit I hadn't seen before seeing the helpful link in your post.
Edit (617/20): OK, yes I see now. Yes, I must have somehow gotten Heliosphann and believehifi mixed up in my head. Then I asked a question that didn't apply. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020 at 11:58 PM Post #2,935 of 12,463
Jun 17, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #2,936 of 12,463
Well, this comes as a surprise. I'm thinking of getting the Verite closed (VC) back headphone mostly (not entirely) for rock music. Bass is important to me, but I want it to be deep and punchy, but NOT boomy. So is there a consensus that the Eikon has better bass than the Verite Closed? Presumably the VC is faster and more resolving, and overall "better" than the Eikon, correct or not?*

*Wow, looking at this post even I think it looks like these may be stupid and potentially unanswerable questions. But I still want to hear what you guys have to say, so.......
The Eikon bass is Not better quality, just more quantity. Though in general the Eikon bass is very high quality too. But when compared to the VC, the quality isn’t quite as good. The VC bass is tighter, more articulated, and better balanced. For rock it’s amazing. I like the Eikon more when listening to music with emphasized bass like hip hop and rap. But also factoring in rock then the VC is tough to pass up.

Jun 17, 2020 at 12:18 AM Post #2,937 of 12,463
The Eikon bass is Not better quality, just more quantity. Though in general the Eikon bass is very high quality too. But when compared to the VC, the quality isn’t quite as good. The VC bass is tighter, more articulated, and better balanced. For rock it’s amazing. I like the Eikon more when listening to music with emphasized bass like hip hop and rap. But also factoring in rock then the VC is tough to pass up.
That's extremely helpful. Thanks!

Jun 17, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #2,938 of 12,463
Hey guys how are the Verite closed for hip hop and rap? Would the closed be better or open for this genre of music?

I typically only listen to hip hop through speakers, but the VCs are one of just a few headphones I have that I say does Hip Hop really well. Really great impact and dynamics, could maybe have just a smidge more bass quantity if you're really a basshead, but it's well equipped for the genre. Also, I don't know if you listen to other genres but the VCs are pretty great at just about all of them so that may be something to consider as well.

Jun 17, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #2,939 of 12,463
I love my VC. As much as a headphone can, it is good with any genre. I think the VC has a bit more slam/ kick in the bass department than the VO.

#potential-heresy While I love hip-hop, I find most revealing gear is not kind to hip-hop. It is often low dynamic range, compressed, sounds good out of a mobile phone speaker, etc.. The best gear shows the blemishes often and makes me not want to hear it. As my gear has evolved, it has influenced what I want to listen to more, and I am more selective on the production quality. There are, of course, exceptions and well produced hip-hop. That said, here is some hip-hop!

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #2,940 of 12,463
Thanks for the input guys.. It looks like the eikon might be the better option for rap/edm for me. I do want to try out the VC but it sucks there isn't any kind of b stock to try out an return if it isn't liked. The eikon cost a bit less so I might go this route but let's see because I really want the VC lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back