ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Oct 19, 2019 at 12:13 AM Post #1,351 of 12,496
was that a special request on your part? or will the hybrid pads come standard with the VC? eager to hear some impressions.

Zach and I had talked about him making some hybrid pads previously. He just got the first batch before sending the VC out to me.

As soon as they're available, you will most likely be able to optionally swap out the Verite or Universe pads for the hybrids. Or get all three!

I'll have to start doing some baseline listening/testing with the VC's and various pads before I can comment on the sound. I've been having too much fun rolling tubes with my @2359glenn OTL amp to compliment the VC.

Oct 19, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #1,352 of 12,496
I’m way past “new toy syndrome,” and the Hugo>WA5>VC chain continues to amaze. The musicality is exceptional, but the thing that continues to amaze are the plankton details I’m hearing for the first time. On Floyd’s “Wish You Were Here” just before the entro of the second acoustic guitar there’s either a chair scraping the floor, or a pick drug across a string followed by Gilmour taking a deep breath then diving in.
i'm stuck at work withought any ZMFs right now, but gave that track (lossless Tidal stream) a listen on my cheap monitors, and my backup HD650 i leave here, and i'm not picking that up at all! now you got me itching to get home and run that track with my Auteur.

Oct 19, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #1,353 of 12,496
I’m way past “new toy syndrome,” and the Hugo>WA5>VC chain continues to amaze. The musicality is exceptional, but the thing that continues to amaze are the plankton details I’m hearing for the first time. On Floyd’s “Wish You Were Here” just before the entro of the second acoustic guitar there’s either a chair scraping the floor, or a pick drug across a string followed by Gilmour taking a deep breath then diving in.
I havent touched another headphone in 7 weeks! My VO is seeking a divorce!

Im listening to WYWH now...sounds like he takes a drag off of a cigarette,a slight groan,and then exhales right before the acoustic guitar comes in on the left. Fantastic song. RIP Syd.

Oct 19, 2019 at 1:43 AM Post #1,354 of 12,496
We're at 6-10 weeks on MonkeyPod right now. We are sold out of the Ironwood and we will likely announce a new LTD edition late next month.
So for MonkeyPod, I will be waiting for 10 weeks at max for it to arrive to my friend in Canada.
And if I order the LTD next month, how long would I wait?
And would I be able to order it from Deskhero?
And what’s will the new LTD price be?
Sorry for the many questions. :)

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #1,355 of 12,496
Forgot to mention that I've got a pair of the new Hybrid pads. Zach had them installed on the VC and I haven't bothered to swap them out yet. SUPER comfortable. I'll post some impressions against some of the other pads after I get some time with them.

I wonder if these would work for the VO? If so, maybe pad set #5 for me?

So for MonkeyPod, I will be waiting for 10 weeks at max for it to arrive to my friend in Canada.

That means maybe getting a Monkey Pod VC by the New Year? Wow, these are popular!

Oct 19, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #1,357 of 12,496

All orders to DeskHero are the same as ordering through our site, DeskHero doesn't carry any stock so there won't be a difference in wait time or procedure.

All the Ltd and stock models for the V Closed are put in the same bucket so to speak, so however long the wait time is when you order the Ltd next month will be the wait time for both the Ltd and stock models on V Closed. So nobody will get the new Ltd set until all the Ironwood sets are finished and shipped.

Still deciding on the wood for the LTD - wish me luck!

Last edited:
ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Oct 19, 2019 at 6:29 AM Post #1,358 of 12,496
All orders to DeskHero are the same as ordering through our site, DeskHero doesn't carry any stock so there won't be a difference in wait time or procedure.

All the Ltd and stock models for the V Closed are put in the same bucket so to speak, so however long the wait time is when you order the Ltd next month will be the wait time for both the Ltd and stock models on V Closed. So nobody will get the new Ltd set until all the Ironwood sets are finished and shipped.

Stoll deciding on the wood for the LTD - wish me luck!
So I should order at the beginning of December latest for it to be delivered to my friend at the beginning of March right?

Oct 19, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #1,359 of 12,496
I wonder if these would work for the VO? If so, maybe pad set #5 for me?

When I start swapping pads I'll throw the hybrids on my VO and see what the sound like.

Oct 19, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #1,360 of 12,496

I'm not sure if Snakewood would work for headphones, but it's a killer looking wood.

Oct 19, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #1,361 of 12,496
We could help you decide, if you list the candidates...
#OpenCanOfWorms :wink:

Oct 21, 2019 at 5:33 AM Post #1,365 of 12,496
Is there anyone who had an experience with shipping of headphones from US to Canada (especially Quebec)? Of course talking about the shipping of Verite Closed.
If so;
- Is there a customs duty or are headphones a part of NAFTA or I don't know what I'm talking about, sorry :)
- I guess there is a 5% GST but is there any QST (since the source is outside of Quebec, most probably not).
- Is there any other cost that you know of?

Sorry for occupying the thread with these questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back