ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Oct 8, 2019 at 1:52 AM Post #1,141 of 12,522
Going off of memory The Atticus is a more fun,warm,slamming sound. Huge midbass,which tended to obscure the sub bass.
The VC is more revealing,better separation,detail retrieval,staging both width and depth,fantastic sub bass,and depending upon amp,pads and/or tubes can slam with fantastic authority. The VC is also much faster.
@knivek - if you're a serious bass head, get the Atticus and you'll be very happy! They are a bass cannons - think audiophile level Beats (in a very good way).
If you prefer a much more linear / flat but still with an added bass - VC would be more to your taste.

Oct 8, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #1,142 of 12,522
@knivek - if you're a serious bass head, get the Atticus and you'll be very happy! They are a bass cannons - think audiophile level Beats (in a very good way).
If you prefer a much more linear / flat but still with an added bass - VC would be more to your taste.
Well,im getting my skull pummeled by the VC tonight. Granted I have a bass heavy tube combo in place,but im using the most neutral pads on the VC. Any more bass and it would be too much.

I just picked up the 2019 24/96 Abbey Road...damn thing rocked my cranium.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #1,143 of 12,522

I wouldn’t call myself a basshead. But my AFC’s just sold. Those were not warm enough for me. I want a wider soundstage than those so hoping the Atticus would work... but the VC has such rave reviews.. i hate living in SK :frowning2:

Oct 8, 2019 at 2:27 AM Post #1,144 of 12,522
I want a wider soundstage than those
If you want a wide stage the VC is the ZMF closed back you want. Im listening to psytrance tonight,and a few times stuff has come from so far off from the right or left Ive actually looked over my shoulder to see where that sound was coming from,only to realize its in the music. Its at times downright spooky how crazy the staging is.

Oct 8, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #1,145 of 12,522
Tried asking on the atticus/eikon thread but no comments: has anyone tried rolling the verite or universe pads (whether lambskin or suede) on the atticus or eikon? Fellow Verite open owner, but I also have the atticus/eikon and was curious if folks have tried experimenting with the verite pads or universe pads on either of them.

Oct 9, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #1,147 of 12,522
I would like a comparison to lcd-xc, I am looking for good closed headphones and I would like to try something new. It is a pity that there is nowhere to listen to ZMF in Poland.

Sorry for translator.
I just went to the headphone shop here that carried ZMF about a year ago, hoping to try any of the again so that I can have a reference point. No luck. They don't have them anymore. No where in Hong Kong to try ZMF. :frowning2:

Oct 9, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #1,148 of 12,522
nice build on the cable! just starting to do my own myself. first one definitely is not picture worthy haha. at least it didnt short the headphones/amp!

kind of you to say but you didnt hear the language coming out me soldering wires to bridge the earth and live connections on the 4 pin mini xlrs. I'm sure theres a good reason for using these over something simple and very effective like a 3.5mm mono jack! :wink:

Oct 9, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #1,149 of 12,522
anyone in the UK seen, heard, received anything VC shaped yet? ... i'm totally fine with this waiting honestly, i'm 46 and completely in control of my patience and emotions :wink:

Oct 9, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #1,150 of 12,522
anyone in the UK seen, heard, received anything VC shaped yet? ... i'm totally fine with this waiting honestly, i'm 46 and completely in control of my patience and emotions :wink:

No!!!!

I just know they are shipped and due any moment

And i could have typed *exactly* the same message !!

Oct 9, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #1,151 of 12,522

No!!!!

I just know they are shipped and due any moment

And i could have typed *exactly* the same message !!

I was hoping to hear something today haha Hopefully we get some good news tomorrow and have our sets by Friday :wink:

Oct 9, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #1,152 of 12,522
Oct 9, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #1,154 of 12,522
Well here are some potatoe quality Phone pics, at work, enjoying the view listening to music and catching up on work email and general work...loving my new Verite Closed, I'm about 50-60hrs of break in at this point, all active listening...just loving this sound... even with incomplete break-in time.... fantastic pieces of art both visually and in sound conveyance!

PSX_20191009_133935.jpg
PSX_20191009_134121.jpg

Oct 9, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #1,155 of 12,522
Well here are some potatoe quality Phone pics, at work, enjoying the view listening to music and catching up on work email and general work...loving my new Verite Closed, I'm about 50-60hrs of break in at this point, all active listening...just loving this sound... even with incomplete break-in time.... fantastic pieces of art both visually and in sound conveyance!

not sure which i like more, the view of the VCs or out the window. love the cityscape!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back