ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Oct 5, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #1,111 of 12,527
Thanks for your responses Torq! I did indeed try pad swapping but if I’m honest I just don’t quite enjoy the presentation/fequency response of the VO with the Verite pads as much as I like them with the universe pads. I found that the soundstage collapsed and the “3D” effect of the universe pads almost completely vanishes for me when I switch to the Verite pads. I also highly enjoy how much warmer the universe pads are; so I’m hoping the VC is just what the doctor ordered! (Even if it doesn’t replace my VOs though I have to use closed backs pretty frequently, so they’ll still be welcome additions no matter what!)

WOW! Those are desert Ironwood?! How on earth was that look achieved?! They’re amazing!
They are Ash wood, I will let @zach915m divulge his dark arts magic or not, as I don't know how he makes his headphones so amazing looking! They are just beautiful!!

Oct 5, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #1,112 of 12,527

Someone say monkeypod? These are mine! The monkeypod finish and pattern comes in many varieties based on the nature of the grain. I love these and offer a great contrast to my more subdued Barnyard Atticus. Several I have seen at Zach’s shop and online are all stunning in their own way! Some are darker wood, some shades lighter, some will have a more consistent pattern, others more random.

I have just starting enjoying these. Early impressions are fantastic! A winner from ZMF!
Gotta admit with Monkeypod like this, might not need Ironwood unless it’s as exceptional as Darthpool’s.

Oct 5, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #1,113 of 12,527
Gotta admit with Monkeypod like this, might not need Ironwood unless it’s as exceptional as Darthpool’s.
I genuinely prefer the monkeypod to the ironwood aesthetically, just based on the pictures. That purple ashwood is something else, really neat and unique- nice call! Every purpleheart ZMF product I've seen has looked awesome, and the color is even more vivid on that VC.

Oct 5, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #1,114 of 12,527
Well here it is...I am floored with how beautiful they turned out... @zach915m created something really amazing! I am floored and enamored...

Wow! Stunning, congrats man!

Oct 5, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #1,115 of 12,527
Airport life, so much easier with these on (even with all the looks lol)

Just loving these! Rocking them out of my Cayin N6ii.

Also really enjoying the 4.4mm cable, thanks @zach915m for making this an option! Plus I like the new ZMF heat shrink...looks dope!

Listening to VC while looking at my VO :wink: on my DAP lol

Cross post, loving this combo on my way home from Chicago, ZMFESTIVUS was awesome! Highlights were the people met, and of course my new piece of art @zach915m created!

Lessons learned, get more than 3hrs sleep before trying to have conversations with people...come on brain work, damn you!!! Lol. Also, stay longer for after event hangout with all the awesome new people met! JDS and Vokyl, you guys rock keep doing what you do! @theotherjude @namizich

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2019 at 8:06 PM Post #1,116 of 12,527
Cross post, loving this combo on my way home from Chicago, ZMFESTIVUS was awesome! Highlights were the people met, and of course my new piece of art @zach915m created!

Lessons learned, get more than 3hrs sleep before trying to have conversations with people...come on brain work, damn you!!! Lol. Also, stay longer for after event hangout with all the awesome new people met! JDS and Vokyl, you guys rock keep doing what you do!
How is the noise blockage, since you used them in the noisiest place possible so thought of asking and did you get the look from fellow travellers?

Oct 5, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #1,117 of 12,527
How is the noise blockage, since you used them in the noisiest place possible so thought of asking and did you get the look from fellow travellers?
Definitely get the look lol, but noise isolation is really good especially if you consider I'm wearing a hat and glasses while listening... I would say one of the better closed backs for isolation that I've heard outside of ANC...you can still hear surroundings but it is decently muffled and with music barely noticeable.

Oct 6, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #1,118 of 12,527
Man this song really showcases the VC's imaging,musicality,soundstage width & depth and mids. Alvin Lee's guitar swirlin' round my head. :)
Ya havent heard it,until youve heard it on the VC!

Oct 6, 2019 at 2:04 AM Post #1,119 of 12,527
So pulled the trigger on the MonkeyPod, after weight and price considerations. Loved the look of the Desert Ironwood, and I'm sure it's as impressive as anything, but the weight is close to my Audeze XC's and I rarely use them because of the discomfort after an hour or so.

Anyway, now the wait...

Oct 6, 2019 at 4:13 AM Post #1,120 of 12,527
So pulled the trigger on the MonkeyPod, after weight and price considerations. Loved the look of the Desert Ironwood, and I'm sure it's as impressive as anything, but the weight is close to my Audeze XC's and I rarely use them because of the discomfort after an hour or so.

Anyway, now the wait...

I’m with you there, both look great by the monkey pod are within a shade of my stellias weight wise and I can where them all day. Fingers crossed the delivery bound for the UK arrives shortly, seeing all these new VCs is getting hard to bear!

Oct 6, 2019 at 9:06 PM Post #1,122 of 12,527
I was very fortunate to be at ZMFestivus II and trial both the VO and VC on my own gear. Just going to quote myself from the 2359glenn thread as far as impressions.
Spent a good amount of time with the VO and VC on the 300B and my GOTL.

Now I don't want to get crazy with the impressions since it added up to probably a half hour total listening time, but I agree with @Monsterzero that the VC is a bit brighter than the VO. Wouldn't call them bright, but the treble is slightly more present. I think the VO have a slightly softer sound, a little less attack, than the VC (all relative of course, these are both super fast headphones). Also, the bass on the VC hits hard, a little harder than the VO. Soundstage on the VO is obviously a bit larger than the VC, but not by a lot! If I hadn't already heard the VC were impressively spacious for a closed back, I would have been absolutely shocked by it. Those were my main takeaways. Both sounded excellent on the GOTL and the 300B, I bopped back and forth.@2359glenn , you make some killer amps, everyone was impressed by them.
VO and VC are both incredible, from my listening today you cannot go wrong with either, just a matter of preference, they obviously share many similarities.

Based on my experience, happy to say I will be ordering a VC soon. I think I would be happy with the VO or VC, but I think the VC will be a good complement my Auteur. Unsure of wood yet, my heart is telling me to go dense, but those monkeypod VCs were extremely light in the hand and on the head. Decisions, decisions...

Oct 6, 2019 at 9:35 PM Post #1,123 of 12,527
If we are lucky - this week !

We shipped out a batch of V Closed to Acorn last week and even more are shipping in the coming days, as well as a batch to orders from our website list. Acorn does an excellent job keeping ZMF stock, so if you're in the UK I'd highly recommend checking out what they have either on hand or on order.

There will also be a couple units going to Zeppelin & Co and The Headphone Company as well.

We are past all of our shows for the year and will be in hard production mode for the rest of the year - so many V Closed will be going out fairly quickly.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Oct 7, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #1,125 of 12,527
Quick reminder - today is the last day to get the release price and the last day to get Desert Ironwood for the LTD Edition. We won't have a LTD edition available for about a month while we make the Desert Ironwood sets and then we will announce the next one sometime in mid to late Nov.

_DSC2792-2.JPG

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back